Page 7 of 210 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - Spoiler Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Bro Jangles View Post
    ya, thats probably the case. but it was on the left which is his unt, right is the combat patch.
    Well then, attribute it to creative license.

Could you imagine if he was from the 7th Cav?

Best have a saber and the Injun zombies circled headless around him.

Justin Bieber is my idol randir14's Avatar

I liked it.
    Thought it was kind of lame that the guy's wife hardly looked like a zombie, obviously a ploy to make the viewers feel sympathy.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    I liked it.
    Thought it was kind of lame that the guy's wife hardly looked like a zombie, obviously a ploy to make the viewers feel sympathy.
    how long had she been dead? they never said.

Quote Originally Posted by randir14 View Post
    I liked it.
    true but the guy he shot before he saw her looked normal, so she has probaly been dead for a few days. On the show we have seen totally rotted ie half woman and they freshly dead.

Well according to the "black guy" (don't remember his name) the infestation started months ago. Well it started a long time enough for the cities to be deserted/void of humans and for fortune/refugees camps/... to be created (like in the gas station).

Morgan..who btw the actor sold the **** out of it. He was great!

Morgan, thank you.

I have the comics on my left but was too lazy to check.

I was watching it again before and the actor reminded me of the Winters from Band of Brothers. On a iPod now so i cant properly look up the actors name, not the same guy is it? Havnt seen band brothers for about a year and a half

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking at what is on TV before Christmas, this is a strong show already, and will nicely augment my Sons of Anarchy/Criminal Minds () addiction.

I'm already pissed that only 6 shows were commissioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Austra View Post
    not the same guy is it?
    No, although it's another Englander (who incidentally are going to put the big kybosh on the blackness this weekend, but that's another story). He was in Love Actually, if you ever suffered through that with a lass. Plus a bunch of BBC type dramas (a teaching one leaps to mind), but I don't imagine many outside the UK would have seen them unless they were truly addicted to British TV. The black guy is British too. Thought they did quite well with the southern accents, but I'm far from being a local of Georgia.

BoB's Lt. Winters is a ginge outside of post-production

No it is not him.

Winter was played by Damian Lewis, Rick is played by Andrew Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by G-AWZT View Post
    Aren't the "zombies" from 28 Days Later more dangerous and more likely to spread a virus because they can run? These Romero style zombies move too slowly.
    Also in the tank scene at the end of the WD episode, did I see shells lying around outside of the magazine?

They are a different type of zombie. There are two basic types of zombies, the virus infected kind and the undead kind. The virus infected kind have their brain overrun and shuts down to a primitive, animal like state, but they can still be killed just like any other creature. An undead zombie, on the other hand, is an animated dead body with just the primitive parts of its brains working, so the body itself can be in any state of damage, just as long as the brain is intact. Undead zombies are harder to kill, due to where you need to kill them, but their brains function at reduced levels and have body damage that slows them down. Virus zombies are supercharged, they are fast and strong, but they can be killed just like any human.

Undead zombie: You have to shoot them in the head
    Virus zombie: You can shoot them anywhere in the body and cause blood loss/organ damage.

That's the reason why, most of the time, virus zombies are just called infected. Since being a zombie implies being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    That's the reason why, most of the time, virus zombies are just called infected. Since being a zombie implies being dead.

But most undead zombies are also infected with something, except for the original night of the living dead where it was radiation that caused the dead to come back.

Infected and undead zombies are about the same, they both usually hang out in large groups, eat brains and walk/talk like drunk Marines. Ever see a group of drunk Marines, just call out Free Beer and it is like a zombie horde.