Thread: The Walking Dead - Spoiler Warning

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Yes, cause all the people in the planet will know what to do in case of a disaster in this proportions. People were so organized in Katrina... not. Not everybody is kinda like you guys here who fap at the chance of such a calamity. This is what makes it more realistic, a civilian whoi just learned how to use weapons and kill people will not be thinking "cover fire."...
    This.

These characters aren't ninjas. They're not preppers. Them not knowing what to do or doing the wrong things in the zombie apocalypse isn't bad writing.

they had two cops for leaders, plenty of time to figure out what works and what doesnt, and best of all the simple things that apply to anyone who ever goes outdoors would definitly apply in their situation

it just proves the writers a bunch of geeky dorks that only experienced being in the bush was when some jocks toss them out the window at their frat house

Super Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cstafford View Post
    I am now super interested in this. Gotta find some comics...
    You can find the compendium online for a much better price than buying the books separately.
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...llReviews.html

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    they had two cops for leaders, plenty of time to figure out what works and what doesnt, and best of all the simple things that apply to anyone who ever goes outdoors would definitly apply in their situation

it just proves the writers a bunch of geeky dorks that only experienced being in the bush was when some jocks toss them out the window at their frat house
    I've never been a sheriff's deputy but I can't imagine they'd be that much more prepared for a zombie apocalypse than the average person. They'd be more familiar with weapons, might have better marksmanship than Glenn the pizza delivery guy. But what do they teach deputies about building fortifications to defend against hordes of zombies?

If the writer's are bunch of geeky dorks who have never been in the bush, all the better to write characters who haven't either.

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    I've never been a sheriff's deputy but I can't imagine they'd be that much more prepared for a zombie apocalypse than the average person. They'd be more familiar with weapons, might have better marksmanship than Glenn the pizza delivery guy. But what do they teach deputies about building fortifications to defend against hordes of zombies?

If the writer's are bunch of geeky dorks who have never been in the bush, all the better to write characters who haven't either.
    ive never been a sheriffs dept either, but I would imagine where they use sheriffs, as in down south, the part of the culture, if not requirement for job would be outdoor survival, or at least what to do when being seperated from a group, any 1st grader will tell you what he has to do when he gets lost, all one has to do is draw some logical conclusions on that and establish some procedures for the group to fallow in the events we seen so far, this zombie infestations sbeen going on for a bit now, they have survived, I imagine they want to survive a bit longet, as a group, no?

jsut to add; dont know how many people here been without access to medias for more then few hours, but when you spend whole days without tv/internet/phones and the like-you end up with s[*******#000000]h[/COLOR]it load of free time to talk with others, ie discussing what to do when s[*******#000000]h[/COLOR]it hits the fan, maybe??

I dont know why everybody is trippin over Michonne and her Boyfriend and best friend zombies.

I the comic she was a lawyer who had to deal with her two infected dudes, she had a katana that She used play with and kept as a mantle piece, and its obviously a more effective weapon then loud ass guns. she keeps the two zombies so that the other zombies dont attack her, similar to when glen and rick covered themselves with Guts to sneak past the walkers in Atlanta. she practiced her sword skills by chaining them up as they died and cutting off their arms and jaws so that they wouldn't attack her.

I wish tyreese was on the show, he was locked in a room with 50-60 of them and killed them all with a ball-peen hammer lol

And CJ since the Governor story-line has been casted, you will be seeing them attempt to raid a National guard depot, for those "black Guns" you want so dearly....

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Grundy View Post
    And CJ since the Governor story-line has been casted, you will be seeing them attempt to raid a National guard depot, for those "black Guns" you want so dearly....
    That is if the writers don't **** that one up, too.

That "farm" should have looked like a god damn Combat Outpost. They didn't even use any bloody defenses, they just ran out like bats out of hell. If they spent less time playing bored house wives maybe **** would have gotten done. You don't have to be Rommel to figure this stuff out. They killed the only character who belonged in the show... disappoint.

You have about 10 guys max that could do the Job and how long have they been there one two weeks? How many fences can you place that would cover the farm? Where will you get the wood? In the forest? Chop up some tree made more loud noises? If you looked at it from their angle, none thought about a hoard and focused a simple barbed wire fence and making sure the farm was sustainable for day to day operations. After this they ran to the prison, so I believe they learned... like I said most of the guys are civilians and do not think of surviving an apocalypse.

Though we dont have zombies in the boonies where I am at, but we do have rebels. Trust me when I say that I almost shat bricks when i walked out a farm on top of a hill where everybody can see us for miles on end in the middle of the night, and see my friends turn on the headlights of their 4x4's so that they can see their drinking session out in the open. So no, common sense and self preservation does not always become evident, even when a real threat exists.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    You have about 10 guys max that could do the Job and how long have they been there one two weeks? How many fences can you place that would cover the farm? Where will you get the wood? In the forest? Chop up some tree made more loud noises? If you looked at it from their angle, none thought about a hoard and focused a simple barbed wire fence and making sure the farm was sustainable for day to day operations. After this they ran to the prison, so I believe they learned... like I said most of the guys are civilians and do not think of surviving an apocalypse.
    They could have started with a couple of shovels. They clearly knew how to dig holes yet there are no fighting positions. Its just a mind **** Jim.

Haha, say that to most people you see "dude build a fighting hole" and most of the time the answer would be "what?" I actually would not dig in but bug out really fast. Once the hord surrounds you sooner or later you would have to break out, so might as well do it when you arent surrounded. Instead of pits I would have lined up the forest with strings and cans to alert of possible intruders.

I kno I know mind ****, I've never been the same since they took Jericho off the air.

Jim, the point is the characters haves been in this situation for some time now, so instead of focusing on desparate housewives angle so much some preparations should have been done, more so since the run in with the other group at the bar. Any person I know usually makes mistake once, especially a life threatening mistake, this people have been overrun once, in Atlanta, no way anyone couldn't fore see something similar or bigger, just setting an rv point in case of bug out is utter idiocity

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Jim, the point is the characters haves been in this situation for some time now, so instead of focusing on desparate housewives angle so much some preparations should have been done, more so since the run in with the other group at the bar. Any person I know usually makes mistake once, especially a life threatening mistake, this people have been overrun once, in Atlanta, no way anyone couldn't fore see something similar or bigger, just setting an rv point in case of bug out is utter idiocity
    Indeed, in the series they aren't really moving forward, when Rick found them in Atlanta they were organised, they somehow escaped the horrors of Atlanta but they did send raiding parties into the city that managed to evade the walkers and gather food, they were an organised team, that used riot suits as protection. After being overrun by walkers in the middle of the night at the quarry, one would expect that they would set out guards, primary defense systems, aspecially since they already had 2 walkers who got through the old fences. If Shane hadn't tried to kill Rick they only would have noticed the walkers when it was already too late

They should have built a deep moat around the whole farm with a backhoe. Shane was the man till he lost it.