Thread: The Walking Dead - Spoiler Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    What I never understood, do Walkers need to feed? I mean do they benefit from eating flesh?

Throughout the comics we see examples of people feeding walkers: the governor, Marvin, Hershel,... But does it actually help them?
    No, they are just working on basic animal instinct.

What I never understood, do Walkers need to feed? I mean do they benefit from eating flesh?

Throughout the comics we see examples of people feeding walkers: the governor, Marvin, Hershel,... But does it actually help them?
    the governor did explain to Rick that feeding them makes them more dorsile, whether there are physical advantages of feeding walkers i dont think its been explained in the comic, movie or WWZ/Survival guide

If you hate him so much apply for the Douglas role in a future season
    Me + Tv: Do you want the show ruinned ?

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonscript View Post
    No, they are just working on basic animal instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    the governor did explain to Rick that feeding them makes them more dorsile, whether there are physical advantages of feeding walkers i dont think its been explained in the comic, movie or WWZ/Survival guide
    Interesting; Iīm also curious (and being aware itīs fiction):

Why donīt they rot to the point their muscles and ligaments canīt simply work anymore?
    If they donīt feed during long periods of time, where do they get their energy?

Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post

Why donīt they rot to the point their muscles and ligaments canīt simply work anymore?
    cuz that would break the whole zombie genre? in that case survivors can just stay in one safe place in a long time and and all the zombies rot and no danger anymore

Don't try to apply that much logic to the zombies. It's already been shown many times in the series that the zombies can do anything as long their brain is ok.

Just take a look at one of the first zombies shown in the show. It was ripped in half with it's intestines literally hanging out of it , it's skin was rotting off , and yet it still had the strength to crawl.

I would suggest checking out Zombie Survival Guide, very interesting read, if not entertaining
    also I belive one Uni in Canada did a study on what how and is it possible zombie infeciton wise, should be somewhere on the internets

They do become weaker as time passes, later in the comic there were examples of walkers that were no longer able to grab and hold their victims, the Walking Dead is a zombie story that will solve itself as time passes, the walkers will become immobilised over time, the only danger will be new victims and dead from natural causes

from here:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/for...lypse-550.html

The link below is an actual, legitimate academic study performed by the University of Ottowa and Carleton University, and published in 2009. They aren't saying they think zombies are real, it was more of an exercise in predicting the spread of real infectious diseases. They thought zombies would be an extreme, and interesting, example of how rapidly a disease can become a global problem.

Link to the study:
    http://mysite.science.uottawa.ca/rsmith43/Zombies.pdf

PS: "...These results assumed that the timescale of the outbreak was short, so that
    the natural birth and death rates could be ignored. If the timescale of the outbreak increases, then the result is the doomsday scenario: an outbreak of zombies will result in the collapse of civilisation, with every human infected, or dead. This is because human births and deaths will provide the undead with a limitless supply of new bodies to infect, resurrect and convert. Thus, if zombies arrive, we must act quickly and decisively to eradicate them before they eradicate us."

If it happens according to the study we are more or less all doomed

Quote Originally Posted by tluassa View Post
    from here:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/for...lypse-550.html

The link below is an actual, legitimate academic study performed by the University of Ottowa and Carleton University, and published in 2009. They aren't saying they think zombies are real, it was more of an exercise in predicting the spread of real infectious diseases. They thought zombies would be an extreme, and interesting, example of how rapidly a disease can become a global problem.

Link to the study:
    http://mysite.science.uottawa.ca/rsmith43/Zombies.pdf

PS: "...These results assumed that the timescale of the outbreak was short, so that
    the natural birth and death rates could be ignored. If the timescale of the outbreak increases, then the result is the doomsday scenario: an outbreak of zombies will result in the collapse of civilisation, with every human infected, or dead. This is because human births and deaths will provide the undead with a limitless supply of new bodies to infect, resurrect and convert. Thus, if zombies arrive, we must act quickly and decisively to eradicate them before they eradicate us."

If it happens according to the study we are more or less all doomed
    Very interesting, don't think something zombie like will ever happen but a Pandemics like the Black plague are a possibility

This one was rather interesting also:http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Quote Originally Posted by RJMC View Post
    cuz that would break the whole zombie genre? in that case survivors can just stay in one safe place in a long time and and all the zombies rot and no danger anymore
    Ahh, but one of the main tropes of Zombie films/books/shows is that living people are usually more dangerous than the zombies themselves.

Awesome guys, thanks a lot !

Chandler Riggs confirmed that actor Jeffrey Demunn, who portrayed Dale Horvath on ”The Walking Dead”, quit the show. “After Darabont left, he was like ‘I’m out of here.” As you might remember, showrunner Frank Darabont (“The Shawshank Redemption”) was unceremoniously fired by AMC last year. Demunn, who was a regular in Darabont’s films (having roles in “The Green Mile,” “The Shawshank Redemption” and “The Mist”) was crushed by Darabont’s firing and left after he was no longer involved with the show.

So it seems like Dale would have lasted longer, but the character had to be killed off to make way for Demunn’s departure. The whole situation is reminiscent of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje’s exit from ABC’s “Lost” as Mr. Eko. The showrunners had big plans for the character and had to kill the character off prematurely because the actor wanted off the show. It worked out for AMC though, Dale’s death was shocking to people emotionally invested in the show.

http://www.moviehole.net/201253637-t...y-in-the-works

'Shocking' might be over-cooking it somewhat.

After initially struggling to see how a zombie who can get stuck in 2" of mud can tear open someone's ribcage, I laughed my lungs out at the long overdue demise of the sanctimonious p****. One of the highlights of the entire 2 seasons was that, thankfully, he went slowly.

I never even knew he was fired explains the piss poor 2nd season, I do think it's a shame they screwed Dale up and made him a bit of an annoying **** the show needs a cool head.