Thread: The Walking Dead - Spoiler Warning

I think the gun thing is less a budget thing but more attributed to safety and overall laziness. Guns are loud, maybe the locations they shoot at don't permit the amount of noise that shooting blanks would make. And blanks are still dangerous, with the proximity that they usually shoot these guns at the zombie actors the blast from a blank could injure them. They sometimes use 'flashpaper' guns which are basically models that have a pyrotechnic in them that simulates a muzzle flash but is much quieter and safer to use than a blank firing weapon, but have no moving parts, and looks silly.

That said, it's incredibly not complicated to animate an ejected shell casing, and a slide recoil movement, they do a ton of CGI work on the blood and gore, but choose not to make the guns look more authentic.

Wow, one episode that was pretty much comparable to what happens in the comic. These Zombies in Riot gear were awesome

The 3rd season started off well. Now I'm really looking forward to every Sunday evening!

If it comes down to having a little cgi shell casing or a having a zombies face rip off when they remove his helmet, I'll go with the latter. That was awesome.

They spent a lot of money on this episode. I'll bet there isn't this much action for a while. Star Trek did that a lot, where they'd have a big, expensive action episode with lots of effects followed by several "bottle episodes" that were just people hanging out on the ship to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by tluassa View Post
    Wow, one episode that was pretty much comparable to what happens in the comic. These Zombies in Riot gear were awesome
    Reminded me of playing a video game where the enemies get progressively more difficult.

Yeah gasmask zombie was plain awesome.

I have not read the comics.
    But why don't the zombies "controlled" by katana wielding girl, try to attack her? Every other zombie seen always does, even when disembowelled, decapitated (this very episode), legless etc. I can see they have no lower jaws, so can't bite, but surely they would still TRY to bite ? Is she the zombie whisperer?

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    But why don't the zombies "controlled" by katana wielding girl, try to attack her? Every other zombie seen always does, even when disembowelled, decapitated (this very episode), legless etc. I can see they have no lower jaws, so can't bite, but surely they would still TRY to bite ? Is she the zombie whisperer?
    They would if they weren't chained up.

Riot zombies where awesome! Cannot wait for next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Death. View Post
    I think the gun thing is less a budget thing but more attributed to safety and overall laziness. Guns are loud, maybe the locations they shoot at don't permit the amount of noise that shooting blanks would make. And blanks are still dangerous, with the proximity that they usually shoot these guns at the zombie actors the blast from a blank could injure them. They sometimes use 'flashpaper' guns which are basically models that have a pyrotechnic in them that simulates a muzzle flash but is much quieter and safer to use than a blank firing weapon, but have no moving parts, and looks silly.

That said, it's incredibly not complicated to animate an ejected shell casing, and a slide recoil movement, they do a ton of CGI work on the blood and gore, but choose not to make the guns look more authentic.
    Gas blowback airpistols + cgi = win.

Hated the two first seasons so much I won't watch the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    Chained, arms and lower jaw removed. They can't attack her and they keep the other zombies away from Michone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
    Chained, arms and lower jaw removed. They can't attack her and they keep the other zombies away from Michone.
    Yes, I know, but that still doesn't make sense, it's not like those zombies are rational creatures, it's not like they won't try anymore since they are no longer fysically capable, they would basicly be dryhumping her all the time

The reason for the Forum minimum age limits Quakecry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    Yes, I know, but that still doesn't make sense, it's not like those zombies are rational creatures, it's not like they won't try anymore since they are no longer fysically capable, they would basicly be dryhumping her all the time
    I guess she sort have made them "pets" that they sort of understand that they cannot attack, they are tame in a way i guess.

Good episode. Reminded me of Dead Island's final act.

try this instead pf the ********* link

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...e-walking-dead