Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Camo Phase IV

Banned user

What a joke if they introduce more uniforms at this point. Of course they wont and Multicam will win on virtue of already being fielded with all units deploying to Afghanistan and actually working pretty well as camouflage as a bonus. Or so one hopes if sanity is to prevail.

A missing part of the camo solution: Put REMF and FOBits in plain khaki or OD only. Why are we paying for camo for someone sitting behind a desk in CONUS? Limit camo to those who actually go OTW. Issue theatre-appropriate camo as needed to those who need it, as many patterns as it takes. Oh and more important: stop relying on camo and teach proper woodscraft. Oh wait, training warfighters costs money that we want to spend on camo for REMF and FOBits. Oh can we start issuing rifle in FDE already? I'm sure FN and/or Colt will make them in whatever color we choose.

"Dear Senator Blutarsky:

My son the fobbit was killed when insurgents infiltrated his base. He died because instead of being issued the Army's latest camo uniform, he was given a plain khaki outfit. The terrorists saw him and shot him dead because he was in a combat zone and wearing a uniform obsolete since 1930.

His blood is on your hands.

Yours Truly,
    Mrs. Neidermeyer"

Quote Originally Posted by carolvs View Post
    A missing part of the camo solution: Put REMF and FOBits in plain khaki or OD only. Why are we paying for camo for someone sitting behind a desk in CONUS? Limit camo to those who actually go OTW. Issue theatre-appropriate camo as needed to those who need it, as many patterns as it takes. Oh and more important: stop relying on camo and teach proper woodscraft. Oh wait, training warfighters costs money that we want to spend on camo for REMF and FOBits. Oh can we start issuing rifle in FDE already? I'm sure FN and/or Colt will make them in whatever color we choose.
    So you want to add even MORE cost and complication into the uniform program?

Ok...the Army has finally down-selected to four companies:

ADS with Guy Cramer
    Crye Precision
    Brookwood
    Kryptek

no idea what these things look like at all.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/01/10...#comment-79707

That Kryptek is just... just awful. The black one isn't bad, but only in the "It would look badass if I saw it on a SCI-FI show, where they were in Space."

After a google search, I found "Fracture" camouflage for Guy Cramer... It's pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    "Dear Senator Blutarsky:

My son the fobbit was killed when insurgents infiltrated his base. He died because instead of being issued the Army's latest camo uniform, he was given a plain khaki outfit. The terrorists saw him and shot him dead because he was in a combat zone and wearing a uniform obsolete since 1930.

His blood is on your hands.

Yours Truly,
    Mrs. Neidermeyer"
    Dear Mrs. Neidermeyer,
    I am very sorry to hear about your tragic loss. We took this incident to improve the gear of the high speed rear echelon units. We have not decided yet wether we will get into paperwork camo (c) or magic hoods.
    Sincerly
    Sen. Blutarsky

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat_Américain View Post
    Ok...the Army has finally down-selected to four companies:

ADS with Guy Cramer
    Crye Precision
    Brookwood
    Kryptek

no idea what these things look like at all.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/01/10...#comment-79707
    Some ADS here but dunno which are under consideration.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/ghostex/

to: Blutarsky and wild wild wes: epic win, I applaud your efforts and your homage to a classic comedy. two thumbs up to you both.

to: whoever made that idiotic comment about just issuing camo to non-fobbits? you're an idiot for many reasons. unity of effort, simplicity, infosec just to name a couple ways in which that is a TERRIBLE idea. Personally, I'd love to go back to the days when the entire DOD had essentially the same uniforms. To me, that is the simplest and most logical solution to this problem and also makes it just that much harder for the opposition to figure out who they are facing. I'd also love to cease with the wearing of unit patches when we deploy, but I don't think big Army will let that one go. sigh.

oh and to Mrs. Neidermeyer...my sincerest regrets that it has taken the US Army 7 years to realize what my old unit (3-21 IN, see the US Army thread for a whole lot of awesome picks of the ol' Gimlet Battalion in afghanistant kicking ass) figured out in 2004 during the initial field testing: Multicam works!.

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post

Some of those look like Dom Hyde's three PennCott patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post

If you look at the larger pictures on the side, you can see the background through a hole in the neck area. They covered it up with MS paint in a couple of them.

good lord... after looking at these.... we have a pattern and it is called marpat.... let's get past the inter-service rivalries and use it.... I'm not having a go at you Soldat American. We have wasted millions when everyone know that the best patterns for the US military is already here...

Quote Originally Posted by cbreedon View Post
    good lord... after looking at these.... we have a pattern and it is called marpat.... let's get past the inter-service rivalries and use it.... I'm not having a go at you Soldat American. We have wasted millions when everyone know that the best patterns for the US military is already here...
    Agreed. What was wrong with woodland anyhow? The Navy is screwing this up big time as well

This constant ****ing around over getting a new camo pattern makes me want to strangle a kitten. We've gone from 2 patterns in the military to 6 in just the span of 10 years because each branch wants to be a special snowflake. And now we're talking about adding even more patterns. Lets just go back to one woodland and one desert pattern and leave it at that. Same goes for the constant "We're holding a competition for an M4 replacement! Just kidding; we're keeping the M4!" circle jerk.