Page 25 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132333575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Defence Force - Thread

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

All of the pics I post either on 2nd Commando or SASR are from the ADF media section on their website. In regards to identities, they still cover faces and blur out if not covered but it is not anywhere near as strict as it is with the Brits.

Default 2nd /17th Royal New South Wales Regiment

Guard Commander Major Terry Nye leads his men in saluting the Colour Party at the Annual Church service at Millers Point, in NSW - Soldiers from across the Royal New South Wales Regiment (RNSWR) attended the RNSWR Annual Church Parade, at Millers Point, in NSW.

Band Sergeant Major, Sergeant Michael Beeton, Australian Army Band (Newcastle), talks to Brigadier Paul Couch, Regimental Colonel for the Royal New South Wales Regiment, at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Millers Point, NSW.

Brigadier Paul Couch, Regimental Colonel for the Royal New South Wales Regiment, inspects the troops during the Annual Church Parade, at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, at Millers Point, in NSW.

Kilted soldiers from Alpha Company outside the Holy Trinity Church at Millers Point, NSW.

Guard Commander Major Terry Nye leads the parade as it marches up the street in The Rocks, Sydney, NSW.

Soldiers of Alpha Company, 2nd/17th Royal New South Wales Regiment (2/17 RNSWR), present arms for a salute to their Battalion Colours.

Guard Commander, Major Terry Nye, belts out commands at soldiers from Alpha Company, 2nd/17th Royal New South Wales Regiment, (2/17 RNSWR) before marching to the Annual Church Parade at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Millers Point, NSW.

Corporal Michael Rockley, from Alpha Company, 2nd /17th Royal New South Wales Regiment (2/17 RNSWR) briefs his troops before forming up at the Rocks, for the Annual Church Parade, in Sydney, NSW.

Default M1a1

1st Armoured Regiment provided a Firepower demonstration to 7 Brigade, showing off the ability of the M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank (MBT) at Shoalwater Bay Training Area (SWBTA), Rockhampton.

Default No.4 SQN Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Unit

Members of No.4 SQN Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Unit conduct continuation training in the field around RAAF Base Williamtown.

Members of No.4 SQN Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Unit conduct continuation training in the field around RAAF Base Williamtown.

Default Afghanistan

Private William Roberts scans the surrounding countryside for any potential threat as he and his fellow infantry soldiers provide a security screen for Australian Army Engineers conducting survey work for future reconstruction projects in Oruzgan Province, southern Afghanistan.

Sergeant Ricky Morris stands knee deep in a rapid flowing Afghan stream as he and fellow engineers from the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force survey the location for a much needed river crossing in southern Afghanistan.

Local Afghan children go about their daily chores, oblivious to the Australian patrol from the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force, who are visiting their area in preparation for future reconstruction missions.

Captain James Scott (left) and soldiers from the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force patrol through the Mirabad region of southern Afghanistan, during a mission to inspect reconstruction works and inspect the locations of future projects.

Captain James Scott, a Project Engineer with the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force moves across the Afghan countryside. Captain Scott is on this patrol to survey future reconstruction projects in Oruzgan Province.

Private Daniel Sudweeks (centre), moves ahead of his fellow 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force soldiers during a reconstruction patrol in Oruzgan Province.

Private Damian Boxall patrols through a wheat field in Oruzgan Province during a reconstruction inspection and reconnaissance mission in support of the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force.

Private Bradley Halpin an Infantry soldier from the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force’s Combat Team Tusk prepares to step off during a mission to inspect reconstruction projects and survey for future works. Private Halpin and his fellow platoon mates are tasked with providing security for the Australian Engineers, responsible for the reconstruction works in the region.

Bombardier Ryan Ohnemus from the 1st Mentoring and Reconstruction Task Force moves out during a mission to inspect reconstruction projects and survey for future works in Oruzgan Province, southern Afghanistan.

Brilliant photos.

Thanks, Vor'.

the AUG looks even worse on parade than the SA80/l85a1/2. I know a minor point for a military rifle.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Quote Originally Posted by vor033 View Post
    I'd like to see the Captains mag change drill.

Ex sunny 1 BDE darwin, Shoulda stayed in school, but on the other hand Ive done Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Slouch View Post
    No, reserves are still steel potting it. The only time they get Kevlar is if they borrow it from one of the battalions (wife is posted to a chock CSSB in an ARA position).
    RE: TIN POTS. Remember wearing one at 1RTB a bit, it was pink and had a propeller on top since then no never saw one. Hang on WTF !!!!

Paratus
    Last edited by bucketman; 02-10-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Tip your waitress.

Gods Country, Where women glow and men plunder.

Cool pics as always.

You'll find a lot of the JTAC guys from No.4 SQN, end up jumping ship & joining the Commando's.

I'm Australian which means to reach adulthood I've survived horrors you couldn't imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    Cool pics as always.

You'll find a lot of the JTAC guys from No.4 SQN, end up jumping ship & joining the Commando's.
    Whats the current entry stream for JTACs? Are they taking ex-Arty JTACS or only RAAFies?

Gods Country, Where women glow and men plunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Slouch View Post
    Whats the current entry stream for JTACs? Are they taking ex-Arty JTACS or only RAAFies?
    Not to sure, i can only say what my Adgie mates have told me about it. As far as i know JTACs have to be Commando qualified, so as long as you pass & meet all requirements i dont see why they wouldnt take anybody. I believe 4 Sqn role is to support SF operations.

Default Live-Fire Exercise during exercise Talisman Saber 09

Default Afghanistan

12 May 2010: Patrol Base Atiq into Sinha of Mirabad Valley, Afghanistan, with Afghan crops reaching knee high in the green zone,First Mentoring Task Force soldiers are increasing the patrol tempo in an effort to drive the insurgents from local villages

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    I'd like to see the Captains mag change drill.
    Probably the only one he has left with his basic pouch left wide open.