Thread: Australian Defence Force - Thread

True story.

I heard somewhere more were heading to choco units, but after the recent gutting I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    True story.

I heard somewhere more were heading to choco units, but after the recent gutting I'm not so sure.
    In about a decades time.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfishsoldier View Post
    In about a decades time.
    Hand me downs when LAND400 comes online then?

ROFL!!!!

Nice name change Dig.

Just out of curiosity, how many Bushmasters does Army actually need? I thought there were a ***** tonne just lying around not getting used, and now Pet-Ops has something about 1118 all up in service?

Lets hope they get the proper radio gear for them...

Unless of course the extra are for 2 Div.
    Hey i got the infomation from the Defence Materials Organisation. I initially got the numbers incorrect about the total number of Bushmasters that are in-service. The correct number is currently standing at 1,052. Deliveries under Production Periods 1, 2 and 3 for the original acquisition contract of a total of 838 Bushmasters had been complete. A further two Production Period has been added to the contract. During 2012-13 the focus of the project is the completion of the delivery of 101 protected mobility troop variants under Production Period 4 to address attrition and future operational requirements. Delivery of these vehicles commenced in February 2012 and is scheduled to conclude in April 2013.

The project will then commence delivery of the 214 PMVs under Production Period 5 during the course of 2013-2014.

Here is a link to the Bushmaster Project (LAND 116) http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/lsd/land116/index.cfm
    Last edited by Aussie-Pet-Ops; 01-18-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Lets hope they get the proper radio gear for them...
    [*******#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The Battle Management System project will deliver vehicle-mounted, battle group level Battle Management Systems (BMS) including command post systems to the ADF and Advanced Communications Systems. This project is being delivered in cooperation with Project LAND 125 Phase 3A (which is delivering the dismounted BMS) , JP2072 Phase 1 (which is providing the new Combat Radio System) and a new Blue Force Tracker System.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The project is delivering into a Brigade group in support of land network-centric warfare roadmap milestones. Initial Materiel Release was achieved in June 2011.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][*******#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Initial operational test and evaluation activities will be conducted in mid 2012 and Final Materiel Release for the system is due in 2013.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][*******#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]During 2012-13 the project will complete the majority of remaining acceptance and quality assurance procedures for installation of the BMS into a number of platforms. It will also achieve full-rate installation into priority variants of the Protected Mobility Vehicle.

For more infomation about the Battle Management System, click on the link: http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/esd/land75/index.cfm
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Enhancements of the Bushmaster includes during late 2011, a sizable number of Bushmasters have received a Combat Survival Enhancement package which consists of shock absorbing seats and reinforced floors which is co-developed by the ADF’s Land Platform Development Program, Land Engineering Agency and the Land Systems Division and manufactured by Stratos Seating Australia. Other enhancements include CROW Remote Weapons Systems being mounted on over 44 Bushmasters since 2007.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][*******#000000]
    CROW RWS Source: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]http://www.defense-update.com/products/c/CROWS.htm[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3][*******#000000][FONT=Calibri]Combat Survival Enhancement Source: Australian & NZ Defence Magazine, Issue Number, Page 59[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-Pet-Ops View Post
    The correct number is currently standing at 1,052.
    Might be that many delivered, there is no was that many are in service though.

I'm Australian which means to reach adulthood I've survived horrors you couldn't imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-Pet-Ops View Post
    [*******#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The Battle Management System project will deliver vehicle-mounted, battle group level Battle Management Systems (BMS) including....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Please stop.

[*******white]Please.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    Might be that many delivered, there is no was that many are in service though.
    The Defence Materiels Organisation has confirmed that the Army will except a total 1,052 Bushmasters by the end of 2014.
    See for your own eyes and check out the link. http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/lsd/land116/

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

I've seen for my own eyes the wrecked ones that are no longer in service. That many may have been delivered, but in the last 14 years of war we've trashed a few...

I have a video of a ASLAV that had to be destroyed! The Gov didnt discuss anything about that did they? Dont always believe what the Gov puts up just a general thumb rule How many troops do you "hear" about that come back injured physically? As Dig said how many Bushmasters do you know of that have been damaged? I would love to know and see the pictures to see what the effects they have.

But probably wont see many for a few years until books start coming out.

Heres a picture :
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Does anybody, by any chance, have any more photos of the [SIZE=3][*******#000000][FONT=Calibri]HAWKEI PMV-L[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]? Really large photos?

Thanks, y'all! =)

Banned user

I want Thales to upgrade our mothballed Leo's, would be interesting to see what they would be able to do with them.

I don't even care if they would never be used in a combat role, within the time period of acquiring new MBTs.

They're all parked up in front of RSLs filled with concrete. Thales might be able to come up with a coat of paint that stops f[*******#000000]u[/COLOR]ckwit taggers leaving their stain on them, that's about it.

I would love to know and see the pictures to see what the effects they have.

But probably wont see many for a few years until books start coming out.
    Dutch Military pictures thread have some pics of Bushmasters damage.