Page 64 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1454565758596061626364656667686970717274114 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Defence Force - Thread

Default Exercise Precision support 11-2

[FONT=Verdana]From November 23 until December 10, Exercises Precision Red 11-2 and Precision Support 11-2 will see Air Force practice how it uses transport aircraft and airfield services in a deployed setting. It will involve two Air Force C-130J Hercules and a C-17A Globemaster flying from RAAF Base Townsville to airfields in Shoalwater Bay and Townsville Field Training Areas, providing valuable preparation for crews before flying in the Middle East Area of Operations. A pair of C-130H Hercules will also fly from Townsville as part of Operational Conversion for crews. Approximately 474 personnel are expected to participate in Exercises Precision Red and Precision Support.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Members from No.322 Expeditionary Combat Support Squadron RAAF Base Tindal, practice for different scenarios (using blank ammunition), to defend the airfield during enemy attack at Benning Field during ‘’Exercise Precision support 11-2’’[/FONT]

Found this while searching for Australian War Posters.

Diggers offer peace at last for 'wandering souls'

Vietnam War

[LEFT][*******#000000]Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nati...#ixzz1foAtxsG2
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Love the sunnies on the chick in the second last pic

Tactical sunnies..

Hey Guys.

Thought you might appreciate this.
    Not 100% ADF news but i still think its highly relevant to this thread.

Crossfit.com has honoured the memory of Australian Army Sergeant Brett Wood in a 'Hero WOD'.
    This is the first time an Australian serviceman has had such been regconised in this manner.
    RIP

The Commando Welfare Trust was also given in the write up on the website. Hopefully more much needed money is donated to this cause with this exposure.

Details:
    http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/008043.html
    http://therxreview.com/wood-the-story-behind-the-hero/
    Last edited by DivingEngineer; 12-08-2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

Default 11 Days in Afghanistan

Just finished watching this on Channel 10 here in Perth. Thought I'd share it with the forum. The link below only works in Australia I think.

http://ten.com.au/watch-tv-episodes-...ovideo_p=40571

I'm Australian which means to reach adulthood I've survived horrors you couldn't imagine.

Is the extended version of Tour of Duty available online somewhere yet? I didn't get a chance to see it.

I found a ******* of it, but I don't live in Oz

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your clacker valve. Playing cricket

Quote Originally Posted by layman View Post
    Can be this ?
    Different docco, that one was replayed on Sunday morning.

Reported.....For not reporting T3ngu sooner Alfacentori's Avatar

Defence announces major Army restructure

The Defence Force has announced a major restructure of the Australian Army.
    Under Plan Beersheba three multi-role brigades will be created to include wider components of infantry, armour, artillery, engineers, logistics and communications.
    There will also be changes to the structure of the Army Reserve and the creation of a new amphibious force.
    Defence says multi-role brigades will enable more effective training in Australia and rapid deployment of forces overseas.
    It says the changes will also enhance the Army's ability to undertake sustained operations.
    Chief of Army Lieutenant-General David Morrison described the changes as a smarter way of delivering capability.

continued'
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-1...ucture/3726630

Good news or bad?

Alfa

I'm no expert on the structure of the army, but that actually sounds like a good thing. Of course it will have some sort of disadvantages.

It looks pretty good the way it has been explained to me. From an Infantry perspective it is definitely an enhancement of capability. A light battalion is pretty weak in terms of firepower, maneuverability, and interoperability with armour. Having vehicles doesn't mean you have to neglect the dismounted side either.

Default Project Overlander

[*******#000000][FONT=Verdana]​Minister for Defence Stephen Smith and Minister for Defence Materiel Jason Clare today announced that the Government had taken the next step in the $7.5 billion Project Overlander that will provide the Australian Defence Force with around 7,500 new vehicles over the next decade.
    [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Verdana]
    Project Overlander will replace the current fleet of Land Rovers, Unimog, Mack and S-Liner trucks and their associated trailers and modules.
    [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Verdana]
    These new vehicles represent a significant increase in capability, replacing multiple vehicles fleets that have been in service since the early 1980s

http://www.minister.defence.gov.au/2...-–-land-121-2/

[/FONT][/COLOR]