Page 1 of 123 1234567891151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Born in Albania, Raised in Macedonia(Thess),Living in The Netherlands.

Default Mass Effect 3

HUGE fan of Mass Effect here.
    Wanted to create this thread for any news, developments regarding ME.

First topic of discussion.
    I heard the earliest date for ME3 release is late 2011.

Yes I have heard that too, but I have also heard 2012. Cant ref to a source though. Good to hear that u are a fan too, I'm totally lost in the game !

BioWare: Mass Effect 3 Shaped by 1,000 Story Variables

By Mike Sharkey | Aug 4, 2010 Your choices in ME and ME2 will have a big impact on how ME3 plays out.

Your Mass Effect 3 will likely be very different than mine. If you've played the first two installments of BioWare's sci-fi epic, the developer reports that you've been given more than 1,000 opportunities to uniquely shape Commander Shepard's experience in the franchise's third installment.

In an interview with CVG, Mass Effect 2 project lead Casey Hudson revealed BioWare has its hands full tailoring the story to accommodate gamers that plan to transfer their Commander Shepards from the first two games to the third.

[CENTER][/CENTER]

"We plan out the larger plot points of the story from one game to the next, but it would be impossible to plan it all in advance," Hudson said. "More importantly, we'd never be able to plan as many creative opportunities if we'd do it all up front."

"Instead, we record what a player has done in a play-through, and then we have all of those choices available that writers can refer to as they build storylines," he continued. "Numerically, it's over 1,000 variables that we'll have access to for shaping the Mass Effect 3 experience for people who've played the previous games."

Hudson also stated that Mass Effect 3 will be much more of a continuation of the second game and wouldn't feature as many gameplay changing features players saw from the original to Mass Effect 2.
    http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-3...1110345p1.html

Quote Originally Posted by trondjac View Post
    Yes I have heard that too, but I have also heard 2012. Cant ref to a source though. Good to hear that u are a fan too, I'm totally lost in the game !
    The only game(ME1 and ME2) I have installed in my PC.
    The desktop without the ME icons feels lonely.

It is not so mouch the shooting and going levels up. It is the choices, the story, the depth of characters....... for those who have played it they know what I mean.

you've been given more than 1,000 opportunities to uniquely shape Commander Shepard's experience in the franchise's third installment.
    Oh, my god..!

It is not so mouch the shooting and going levels up. It is the choices....
    I've played through ME1 here lately, and for me it is as u say, the story and choices. But coming back to ME2 again, I must say that I missed the way ME2 handles the shooter aspect.

Its an awsome game, stupid question, but you have played the Lair of the shadow Broker?

Oh, my god..!

I've played through ME1 here lately, and for me it is as u say, the story and choices. But coming back to ME2 again, I must say that I missed the way ME2 handles the shooter aspect.

Its an awsome game, stupid question, but you have played the Lair of the shadow Broker?
    Yes and it was worth it, I recommend it strongly. Can't say the same thing for the other DLC.
    Kasumi was too short, didn't had enough depth.
    Zaeed was more convincing than Kasumi even though he had even smaller role.
    Overlord was so so.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Bundy View Post
    Yes and it was worth it, I recommend it strongly. Can't say the same thing for the other DLC.
    Kasumi was too short, didn't had enough depth.
    Zaeed was more convincing than Kasumi even though he had even smaller role.
    Overlord was so so.
    Same here, the kasumi dlc was... nah, I got a new submachine gun, cool. thats that.. Zaeed was cool, but as u said too short. And Overlord was to hallow, and jumping from rock to rock in a hoovercraft was boring, I'd by a mario game if I want to precision jump! But Lair of the Shadow broker, upgrades, a cool new hub to dock. A great story which brought Liara more into ME2. I thought her involvement was disappointing in the Orginal ME2.. But it still annoys me that she now only says "Thanks for coming by.." Really liked to play a long a squad mate from ME1, and this time, there where a lot of conversation I like!

Next must be a Ash/Kaiden DLC !

Your Mass Effect 3 will likely be very different than mine. If you've played the first two installments of BioWare's sci-fi epic, the developer reports that you've been given more than 1,000 opportunities to uniquely shape Commander Shepard's experience in the franchise's third installment.
    They said the same **** about ME2 and the only differences were random people coming up and saying thank you for not killing me or some random chatter between NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lov3ll View Post
    They said the same **** about ME2 and the only differences were random people coming up and saying thank you for not killing me or some random chatter between NPCs.
    Hehe, just hope thay Bioware dont use much time writing new emails from various people u encountered..
    But wayway, hope that your choices you'll make in ME2 will impact the story in ME3 to a wider degree

Same here, the kasumi dlc was... nah, I got a new submachine gun, cool. thats that.. Zaeed was cool, but as u said too short.
    Their recruitment was short and their mission was just a visit in a forest/villa.
    They should have more dialog options in the ship so to give some idea of depth.

And Overlord was to hallow, and jumping from rock to rock in a hoovercraft was boring, I'd by a mario game if I want to precision jump!
    The hovercraft was boring as well, make the ME1 Mako look cool.

But Lair of the Shadow broker, upgrades, a cool new hub to dock. A great story which brought Liara more into ME2. I thought her involvement was disappointing in the Orginal ME2.. But it still annoys me that she now only says "Thanks for coming by.." Really liked to play a long a squad mate from ME1, and this time, there where a lot of conversation I like!
    Yes Liara was very underdeveloped when I first bought the game.

Next must be a Ash/Kaiden DLC !
    I want to see their faces only in ME3. I didn't pursue any romance so Ashley better be worth the loneliness my Shepard endured.

Quote Originally Posted by Lov3ll View Post
    You mean Fist, Helena Blake....
    Wrex and Rachni queen (can't think anyone else at the momnet) will have bigger roles in M3.
    You will probably mass their forces with those of the rest (geth, quarians....) to fight the Reapers.

The hovercraft was boring as well, make the ME1 Mako look cool.
    I'd buy the mako with hoover ability

I want to see their faces only in ME3. I didn't pursue any romance so Ashley better be worth the loneliness my Shepard endured.
    I've romanced Liara, so I got what I want now I want to know what happens to the other team mates, I don't want to have ME3 like a ripoff of ME2 where u have to recruit your teammates and gain their trust once again, If most things between u and the older team was sorted out before ME3, I would be happy. I wounder what kind of new mates u are going to team up with next, hope a mix of old and new.

I'd buy the mako with hoover ability
    I've romanced Liara, so I got what I want now I want to know what happens to the other team mates, I don't want to have ME3 like a ripoff of ME2 where u have to recruit your teammates and gain their trust once again, If most things between u and the older team was sorted out before ME3, I would be happy. I wounder what kind of new mates u are going to team up with next, hope a mix of old and new.
    IMO
    This is not going to happen unless you managed to kill Shepard and your team. If you have then propably your team will be Joker, Ash/Kaidan, Liara, Wrex(if alive)...
    In ME3 you will have to earn the trust of the Geth, Rachni, Quarian, Krogan.... so they join the Galactic fleet.
    In the meanwhile you will be kicking some Cerberus as.s
    Last edited by Al-Bundy; 10-18-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Bundy View Post
    IMO
    This is not going to happen unless you managed to kill Shepard and your team. If you have then propably your team will be Joker, Ash/Kaidan, Liara...
    In ME3 you will have to earn the trust of the Geth, Rachni, Quarian, Krogan.... so they join the Galactic fleet.
    In the meanwhile you will be kicking some Cerberus as.s
    Guess you are right there, shep doesn't have the trust of those yet, can see that is going to make quite some interesting missions I made Mordin keep the "Cure" of the genophage, I wounder how I will be able to use it? as a weapon, a barging tool or just as an email replay from some company.....

Guess you are right there, shep doesn't have the trust of those yet, can see that is going to make quite some interesting missions I made Mordin keep the "Cure" of the genophage, I wounder how I will be able to use it? as a weapon, a barging tool or just as an email replay from some company.....
    The cure will play a big role for sure but still I can't think how the Krogans will learn to behave. They are after all "programed" for violence. During the whole Mordin dialogs I was 100% agreeing with him but I had to do the Paragon so I told him the genophage was wrong.