Page 80 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3070727374757677787980818283848586878890 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1843

Thread: Mass Effect 3

WTF am I doing with my life? Token White Guy's Avatar

His name is Marauder Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Token White Guy View Post
    but sometimes Marauder Health...

Suspended for infractions Anthony91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xaito View Post
    You're reading things into this.
    People are upset because they've followed the trilogy, gotten to like the setting, story and characters. Then gotten served an unfinished and lackluster ending that spat in their faces and devaluated the whole invested play time and story up to that point.
    That's happened to dozens of highly respected and loved series, regarding the [important] fact that its highly customizable, why should we have any thoughts about wanting to change BioWare's creative vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony91 View Post
    That's happened to dozens of highly respected and loved series, regarding the [important] fact that its highly customizable, why should we have any thoughts about wanting to change BioWare's creative vision?
    Because a game is not a movie or a book - It is an interactive media, and because they promised us endings based on our actions and choices throughout the game series. Their "creative vision" can suck my ba**s, because it simply does not do my character nor the story any justice. And don't get me started on the plotholes the size of quasars.

Seriously, stop it with the "creative/artistic vision" bulls*it - they simply messed it up. That's it. The sooner they acknowledge that and patch it up, the sooner all of this bs will die down. Untill then, hold the line.

And before calling bs on them "never promising anything" and "they have the right to end their series as they see fit" - http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10056886/1

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony91 View Post
    I don't believe this is BioWare's creative vision, it's like so many other things that became obvious after playing the game, just a result of the rush in which they seem to have been in to get the next installment of the game out after the success of ME2.
    And after reading the real writer's (the one who left bioware) thoughts on the ending, I'm also sure this is not how ME was supposed to end. If the decisions didn't end up with people who obviously valued their own ideas over players choice, we possible wouldn't have ended up with this disaster which ignores many things the ME series stood for.
    The real writer said it best when he said that a artsy emo ending isn't what the majority of the players want to see - not after playing through 3 games of "saving the universe" - it's sad that so many players were left with enormous regrets of ever finishing the trilogy. It's also sad that choice, the one game mechanic ME revolved around (until ME3 with auto-choice cut-scenes came along), was not possible at the one point where it would have counted the most - letting players finish their story, how they liked.

Another exceptional review that sums up things quite well

http://www.videogamessuck.com/review471.html

The amount of rage is well over 9000.
    While I can understand most of it, it isn't really worth getting worked up over it that much.

Mainstream games like Mass Effect are like Hollywood movies today, they are exactly as creative, artistic and intellectually challenging as a Michael Bay movie.
    This is simple economics.

Seriously, whenever I hear that "your choices matter" I only think of the Witcher 2. Where your choices DID matter.

You can have as much artistic vision as you want, you try to force feed me a turd and tesiticle curry? I aint gonna eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagir View Post
    Seriously, whenever I hear that "your choices matter" I only think of the Witcher 2. Where your choices DID matter.
    Well, RED is (was) small Polish studio where devs simply wanted to make Wiedzmin justice (TV series and movie sucked) by making game which they never expected to be as successfull as it was and simply did what they wanted and when they wanted. Hell, they even contacted Sapkowski and talked with him about the game and his perspective. When Sapkowski was in Bratislava, I went there to listen to him (read his Wiedzmin novels back in 90s, great times) and he said about the game that it was "kurwa dobra". BioWare was like that once as well.

Gaming will simply become like movies:
    If you feel intellectually superior to EA games, play indie games.
    Just like if you don't like Hollywood, there's plenty of indie/smaller films to choose from.

Actually the border between mass effect 1 and 2 pretty much can serve as an example how a game series changed from creator driven to commercially driven.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    Gaming will simply become like movies:
    If you feel intellectually superior to EA games, play indie games.
    Just like if you don't like Hollywood, there's plenty of indie/smaller films to choose from.

Actually the border between mass effect 1 and 2 pretty much can serve as an example how a game series changed from creator driven to commercially driven.
    Which does not seem to be the issue here though.
    A standard, cheesy Hollywood ending would have been enough to satisfy most.

look it up
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

SC3's story expanded on the mystery of the Precursors' disappearance, and introduced new enemies in the form of the Hegemonic Crux.

In Star Control 3 it is revealed that to protect themselves from the Eternal Ones, a race that inefficiently consumed the energy of all sentient beings once an eon, the Precursors genetically modified themselves to mentally resemble the intelligence of a cow. They created mindless robots (the Daktaklakpak) to reverse the process after the Eternal Ones left. They also left huge caches of their technologies on planets in hopes other races could find how to defeat the Eternal Ones. During the last feeding, their robots malfunctioned, leaving them stranded at that intelligence level for thousands of years. Humans, forever searching for the Precursors but oblivious to their plight, along with many other races found the meat of the Precursors, called by them Ortogs (a 6-legged cow), more delicious than cow, and hence raised, domesticated, and consumed them in massive quantities. The process was able to be temporarily reversed on a single Precursor, giving this knowledge to a captain before it died, instructing him to keep the nature of the Ortogs secret, but to stop their consumption as a food product.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control_3

Cows? Seriously?

I don't remember the Rage having this much rage over its ending btw. There was some.. for a day or two.