Page 79 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2969717273747576777879808182838485868789 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1778

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Is it me or everyone out there has a better idea how to finish ME3 than Bioware?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagir View Post
    Is it me or everyone out there has a better idea how to finish ME3 than Bioware?
    That's just another symptom of how ****ty the endings are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Monkey View Post
    That's just another symptom of how ****ty the endings are.

And to add insult to injury (and to satisfy my masochistic streak) I am reading Bioware's replies.

Seriously, do these guys believe that their players are 13 year old boys? Or completely retarded?

I hate that stupid "corporate speech" they use. "We hear you and take everything under consideration" stuff, while STILL releasing day 1 DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagir View Post
    And to add insult to injury (and to satisfy my masochistic streak) I am reading Bioware's replies.

Seriously, do these guys believe that their players are 13 year old boys? Or completely retarded?

I hate that stupid "corporate speech" they use. "We hear you and take everything under consideration" stuff, while STILL releasing day 1 DLC.
    probably enough suckers who buy those day 1 DLC for them to keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaito View Post
    probably enough suckers who buy those day 1 DLC for them to keep doing it.
    I admit that I shamelessly downloaded it. Payed for the LotSB and Arrival in ME2 (I never saw point in wasting my money on appearance pack or weapons pack), however after what I payed full price for the game wanting from me another 10 bucks for content which half was already on the disc? Just no.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
    I just found out what the original ending and plot twist should have been. If you are interested watch this guy's vid, its great:

*Go to 3:05 for the original story concept*

Its pretty obvious that EA rushed the whole game now.
    Bioware should humbly apologize for this massive ****up, and hire this guy.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    The amount of rage is well over 9000.
    While I can understand most of it, it isn't really worth getting worked up over it that much.
    Maybe you're right, but think of this not only as a protest against a badly written ending but also against crappy customer relations and callous sales policies. The ending of Mass Effect 3, or rather how it came to be, was so different from the whole series you can easily claim false labeling.

California Literary Review gave ME3 rating 2,5/5

Here is authors perspective on ending

Without giving anything away, (directly, as all subsequent links will contain some spoilers) the ending, by which I mean the final five to ten minutes, of Mass Effect 3 is easily the worst finale I’ve seen compared to the preceding quality that came before it – in any medium. At literally every level, it’s objectively terrible.

Sloppy execution that reuses art assets reveals that it’s a hurried inclusion. The under thought and over pretentious dialogue does nothing but create bizarre, confusing plot holes. It even commits the same sin The Devil Inside did earlier this year, and has the gall to add an advertisement by the producers at the end of the credits, which is frankly insulting.

Far more importantly though, it betrays key themes and values well established by the series thus far. Past player choice impacting the shape of events is negated in favor of an arbitrary and poorly explained “pick your favorite color” moment. Science fiction justification in an otherwise material world is abandoned for magical deism, since quite literally, a god in a machine appears. Unification through altruism and sacrifice is thrown out for pure nihilism: each of the choices you’re forced to make results in Shepard committing some level of genocide or another, with the benefits removed from any relatable emotional touchstone to the intangible space of far flung statistics. It even manages to make The Reapers, one of the more imposing forces of antagonism in recent memory, come across as foolish pawns.
    Normally, I’d find it wrong to support consumer demand altering authorial intent just to fit the vociferous opinion. Except in this case, the authors simply aren’t justified by the “statement” made. Aside from being a hackneyed mess of bad ideas running counter to everything this series has stood for, the sheer tonal shift prevents absorption for someone paying attention – the inability to convey intent is the definition of failed art.

For anyone with perspective, I know I’m belaboring a point – a bad ending can ruin all, from prose to play – but the sad fact is: no other professional review of Mass Effect 3 factored this ending into their universally positive ratings for the game, even though many acknowledged it as a problem. Not being one to claim conspiracy is to blame, I’d rather point to the more obvious culprit: ineptitude. A critic that can’t realize that narrative is often as important as gameplay – especially in an RPG – and that poorly constructed endings tarnish narrative quality – especially as it is the last thing the audience sees – is a poor critic indeed.

The gestalt of Mass Effect 3 is an end unjustified by its means, unworthy of defense. During its final moments it commits storytelling suicide, and the taste of decay it leaves in the mouth cripples the otherwise impeccable quality of what came before, poisoning even nostalgia against it. At best and being fair to the game’s other traits, the quality comes out a wash – simply mediocre.

Casey Hudson, the Director of the Mass Effect series, said in a recent interview that he wanted the endings to be “memorable.” I, for one, think he succeeded and I hope we all remember this game well.

Those who forget the history of bad ideas are doomed to repeat them.
    http://calitreview.com/24673

And also someone with obviously lot of free time has written this 10 A4 essay in support of indoctrination theory

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...sle=true&pli=1

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/11146ye.jpg[/IMG]

Mass Effect 3 Song - "N7 With Pride" - Borderline Disaster

Metacritic shows the huge disconnection between those who need to suck corporate game **** (IGN et al) and those who don't (consumers).

PC "professional" review aggregate: 91

Consumer aggregate: 3.6

Nothing new there. I have learned to wait out a week or two after release before purchasing any game these days.

Banned user

How Bioware came up with the endings:

Quote Originally Posted by CMNot View Post
    Metacritic shows the huge disconnection between those who need to suck corporate game **** (IGN et al) and those who don't (consumers).

PC "professional" review aggregate: 91

Consumer aggregate: 3.6

What this shows mostly is that one should not give a damn about consumer ratings. Because these are simply the result of internet bandwagons (reddit et al) and without any objectivity.
    Would be simply stupid to not buy a game just because of the last 10 minutes.