Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1618192021222324252627282930313233343676 ... LastLast

Thread: The Comic book Thread

hve they killed iron man yet? Now i am already pissed they killed wolverine and have just started reading comics...

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Hand of God View Post
    I stoped reading after they've killed off Wolverine during the Ultimatum; now that they've killed Peter Parker, I'll never read those comics again.
    The Marvel Ultimate comics are in a separate universe; there is still the mainstream one in which most of the important arcs occur in.

**** that Ultimate Universe. It can be entertaining but, it just screws everybody up.

Quote Originally Posted by victis honor View Post
    hve they killed iron man yet? Now i am already pissed they killed wolverine and have just started reading comics...
    Don't worry; that's only the Ultimates Universe instead of the 616 (i.e regular) universe. The Ultimates Universe has been crap ever since they started out with Mark Millar and Jeff Loeb as the main writers. We're lucky that they didn't decide that the new Spirder Man is in a incestuous relationship with his sister.

Now in the 616 Universe Spiderman is still Peter Parker...its just that all of Manhattan is getting infected with his powers for some reason.

Nice post Frank.

616 616 616 616.......

Well the civil war is over, bit of a letdown at the end tbh he shoud have crushed tony's skull and be done whit it.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    The Marvel Ultimate comics are in a separate universe; there is still the mainstream one in which most of the important arcs occur in.
    Still, the Ultimate universe is the one I used to read. Less convoluted continuity. Now I'm enjoying PunisherMAX and Red Star, both pretty good.

I understand most people here probably don't read manga but I'd like to recommend one that I think might be interesting even to people who don't like them usually.

Eden: It's an Endless World!

It's got a real epic story and leaves out most of the usual manga stereotypes (similar to Berserk in that aspect).
    I'm impressed by how the individual stories of the main protagonists evolve and tie in with the background story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden:_I..._Endless_World!

I like all kinds of haze FrankBooth's Avatar

Akira and Lone Wolf & Cub are the only two I've really read, LW&C being one of my favorite pieces of work from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBooth0 View Post
    Akira and Lone Wolf & Cub are the only two I've really read, LW&C being one of my favorite pieces of work from anything.
    I've read LW&C and watched the TV series

During filming.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Keep in character, they shouldn't be exchanging pleasantries.

His cape looks like a bad curtain too.

[*******darkslategray]Celebrating 30 Years of Alan Davis[/COLOR]

Davis is perhaps best known for his work on "Captain Britain" and "Excalibur"
    As a rather fabulous start to the panel spotlighting creator Alan Davis' work at Comic-Con International in San Diego, the writer/artist was awarded a CCI Inkpot Award in comic art. "That was a surprise," Davis exclaimed, as he took a seat amidst a roar of applause. "I don't have anything to promote or any axes to grind, so I'm here to answer any questions anyone would like to ask..."

An audience member opened by asking a simple question about Davis' process: "I've seen duplications of your detailed penciled pages. On average, how long would you say it takes you to do a penciled page?"

"It really depends on the storytelling," Davis explained. I don't like to do drawings that don't tell a story. The only real problem I have is symmetry, so I try not to draw faces head on.

"When I first started working professionally on comics doing 'Captain Britain' and 'D.R. & Quinch' I was doing 36 pages a month, but that was too much," Davis continued. "Now If I can do a page a day I'm happy."

Continues: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=33741

[*******blue]The Strangest Comic Book Stories of All Time[/COLOR]

This is a collection of all the past I Love Ya But You’re Strange installments! I Love Ya But You’re Strange is about looking at instances in comic book history where somewhat strange occurrences took place. The slightly odd stuff like, say, Luke Cage telling Doctor Doom “Where’s my money, honey” after Doctor Doom stiffs him on a gig. Stuff that is not BAD, per se, but it’s still odd, hence “I love ya, but you’re strange.”

1. A 1965 issue of Journey Into Mystery where Thor gets caught up in the Vietnam War.
    2. An issue of Spidey Super-Stories where Spider-Man has to face Thanos…in the Thanos-copter!?!?!
    3. The second-ever Wonder Woman “impossible story” (wait until you see how “impossible stories” are created!)
    4. Supergirl looks for the perfect woman for Superman but discovers that the perfect woman for Superman just might be…her?!?!
    5. Superman uses an amnesiac to teach Lois Lane a lesson
    6. Barry Allen uses Mirror Master’s tools to mess with Iris West’s mind.
    7. Luke Cage stars in a really offbeat take on A Christmas Carol. REALLY offbeat.
    8. Superman and Jimmy Olsen encounter a world based on horror movies
    9. Batman and Robin…mummy crime fighters!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/06/12/i-love-ya-but-youre-strange-archive

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Dividing my time between the far east and the east coast.

For Sale: one copy of Kingdom Come, mint condition. Only been read once.
    Basically a good premise wasted on a lot of shallow, relativist hand-wringing. Superman agonizing over whether or not he has the right to imprison unlawful "meta-humans"? Seriously? Also, I think the illustrations and character designs sucked. Thou guys didst leadeth me astray with this one.

Fortunately, it wasn't a total wash because I'd also ordered a copy of Batman: Year One. I have a few minor quibbles with some of the plot elements (I found it pretty hard to believe both Flass and Gordon were formerly Spec. Ops, for example) but overall, it's pretty much everything I could ask for in a comic book. Easy to see why it's a classic. Like All-Star Superman, I'd recommended it to anybody.

Sorry you didn't like KC, I like it and that means you suck. /end

Year One is really on ground level and that is one of its biggest appeals. Batman is kind of an idiot starting out.

I thought KC was very over rated. DC trying to cash in on MARVELS and although it was a huge seller,at the time, was just so-so. Wanted to like it. Good covers.