Thread: Libyan Conflict - Photos and Videos

  1. #3766
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_MP View Post
    I think there were some at the beginning of the thread, though those were destroyed Dana's.
    Can anyone else recall this? I have followed this thread from the start and don't remember any Danas being photographed during this conflict. Perhaps there was some confusion with other destroyed SPGs such as the Palmaria, of which there were alot of photos floating about early on.


    To date this is the only photograph I have come across of a Libyan Dana, along with a relatively low quality video of a number on parade in Tripoli.


    Hope more images do surface, would make an interesting article for my blog.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  2. #3767

    Default

    73mm Recoilless and 73mm from the BMP-1 use the same projectiles, but different propelling charges. It is generally inadvisable to fire a recoilless weapon in the confines of a turret.

  3. #3768
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Surrey England
    Age
    47
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
    Can anyone else recall this? I have followed this thread from the start and don't remember any Danas being photographed during this conflict. Perhaps there was some confusion with other destroyed SPGs such as the Palmaria, of which there were alot of photos floating about early on.


    To date this is the only photograph I have come across of a Libyan Dana, along with a relatively low quality video of a number on parade in Tripoli.



    Hope more images do surface, would make an interesting article for my blog.
    Maybe this one? I'm not sur of the veracity but those soldiers do seem to be wearing regime colours.


  4. #3769
    Member Mrufka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Trust your feelings, if it doesn’t feel right it probably isn't.
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Two converted pick ups almost get knocked out by Gaddafi forces so Rebels send in a tank

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyzee...layer_embedded

  5. #3770
    Member PUMPKINbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrufka View Post
    Two converted pick ups almost get knocked out by Gaddafi forces so Rebels send in a tank

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyzee...layer_embedded
    repost sir

  6. #3771

    Default

    Video embed....WHY YOU NO WORK?!?!

  7. #3772
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Surrey England
    Age
    47
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUMPKINbig View Post
    repost sir
    Twice - I posted this about 4 days ago. There is also a version with subtitles.

  8. #3773
    Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Thessaloniki, HELLAS
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Website with many photos from Libya, some I've seen before, some not. Warning for some graphic content.

  9. #3774

    Default

    WHy is it when rebels are supported by Europe or US thier called Freedom Fighters, but when thier against those nations thier called terrorist?

    AlJazeera Live Tv

  10. #3775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ridzy View Post
    WHy is it when rebels are supported by Europe or US thier called Freedom Fighters, but when thier against those nations thier called terrorist?

    AlJazeera Live Tv

    because of either you're with us or against us motto

  11. #3776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Website with many photos from Libya, some I've seen before, some not. Warning for some graphic content.
    I posted that already on page 271 . Some good photos there nevertheless.

  12. #3777
    Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Thessaloniki, HELLAS
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    I posted that already on page 271 . Some good photos there nevertheless.
    I somehow missed your post. Good job, buddy.

  13. #3778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ridzy View Post
    WHy is it when rebels are supported by Europe or US thier called Freedom Fighters, but when thier against those nations thier called terrorist?
    Maybe it cause rebels tend not to do so much terroristic things such as welcoming a mass-murdering terrorist like Al-Megrahi home as a hero and they simultaneously fight for freedom from such people who do? P.S. - It's spelled "They're" ya troll.


  14. #3779
    Banned user
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DKconfiguration View Post
    Maybe it cause rebels tend not to do so much terroristic things such as welcoming a mass-murdering terrorist like Al-Megrahi home as a hero and they simultaneously fight for freedom from such people who do? P.S. - It's spelled "They're" ya troll.

    what do you think,how much those who welcomed that terrorist are now between rebels!? i think ,most of them!

  15. #3780
    Senior Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    11,758

    Default



    From Brega frontline

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •