Page 52 of 307 FirstFirst ... 242444546474849505152535455565758596062102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Libyan Conflict - Photos and Videos

RAF E-3D Sentry operations (very interesting video with explanation of the role of each crew member)

Confirmed civvie. Head down, arse up, taking cover firmly behind the sofa.

Disturbing video report by ITN from Tripoli.

A woman claiming to have been assaulted by Gaddafi's henchmen is whisked away into custody by the 'secret police'.

http://www.itv.com/news/libya-woman-silenced94934/

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post

A mecanic checks a Rafale, on March 26, 2011, at the aerial military base 126 - Capitaine Preziosi aka Solenzara base, in Ventiseri, on the French Mediterranean island Corsica, after a mission in Libya. Libya's rebels have thanked France for its role in the Western-led military blitz against the Kadhafi regime but said 'outside forces' could now leave the country, in a letter published today.
    I don't think it's a Rafale. Green camo and central pylon lead me to think that it's a 2000D.

Very very nice picture BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I don't think it's a Rafale. Green camo and central pylon lead me to think that it's a 2000D.

Yep it's a 2000D (the plane )

nationality? Beautiful lady.

Banned user

Rafale... French?

"The measure of one's character is greater than the depth of one's skin."....South Texas, USA

X2 on the pic.....nice. LOL.. No burka for this young woman. Thanks for posting all the pics He219.

it's not rafale.

I hardly noticed the fully armed plane above her.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Kuno View Post
    See the stamp: Republique du Tchad.
    Definietly not a Libyan ID Card. On a Libyan ID Card you do not find any latin letters at all. The use of latin letter writing is forbidden by law...
    It is not a Libyan ID card. It's a Chadian Embassy Foreign Registry Entry/card.

IE a Chadian National that has been registered as "Ex-Pat" in Libya at the Chadian Embassy in Libya. Hence the Arabic letters so that local authorities can id the man.

HE219: You're right. Simply noting that these people might have been "rounded" up from Libyan Illegal Immigration detention centres. It makes the death of this man even more awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    X2 on the pic.....nice. LOL.. No burka for this young woman. Thanks for posting all the pics He219.
    What is the logic behind this this comment?
    What burka have to do with a french servicewoman?

"The measure of one's character is greater than the depth of one's skin."....South Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Bundy View Post
    What is the logic behind this this comment?
    What burka have to do with a french servicewoman?
    I don't even want to know what your problem is, tell it to a mod. I will elaborate tho...She is a beautiful professional, doing a great/purposeful job she has chosen, and hopefully enjoys. I thought of all the freedoms she enjoys/practices as opposed to someone in a "plastic trash bag". That is all, have a nice day. Please stay on topic, I was just admiring a nice picture.

EDIT: Hopefully this satisfied your curiosity. If you don't have a problem, then I am glad for that. I will say in my opinion, your qestioning 'sounded'/read demanding to me. Especially when you start by wanting 'logic', lol. I am sorry for any misunderstandings. I edited this post as to not funk up the photos and videos thread.
    Last edited by Sideline; 03-26-2011 at 07:05 PM.

A man waves a French flag atop a captured tank belonging to forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in Ajdabiyah March 26, 2011. Libyan rebels backed by allied air strikes retook the strategic town of Ajdabiyah on Saturday after an all-night battle that suggests the tide is turning against Gaddafi's forces in the east.

A rebel walks atop the barrel of an SPA vehicle belonging to forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in Ajdabiyah March 26, 2011.

A rebel hands an AK-47 rifle to a man as he stands atop a destroyed tank belonging to forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi after an air strike by coalition forces in Ajdabiyah March 26, 2011.

A boy holds a Mannlicher Carcano M38 rifle as his family takes part in celebrations on the western outskirts of the town of Ajdabiyah March 26, 2011.

A rebel looks on as a man holds a piece of destroyed weaponry after air strikes on armoured vehicles on the western outskirts of the town of Ajdabiyah March 26, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    I don't even want to know what your problem is, tell it to a mod. I will elaborate tho...She is beautiful professional, doing a great/purposeful job she has chosen and hopefully injoys. I thought of all the freedoms she enjoys/practices as opposed to someone in a "plastic trash bag". That is all, have a nice day. Please stay on topic, I was just admiring a nice picture.
    How you came to the conclusion I have a problem, just plain curiosity.

Banned user

Chinese PF-98? Nope not even close...looks like some AT-4 but it isn't an AT-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Originally Posted by He219

I didn't proof the caption for obvious reasons. Spanx for the correction.
    Mechanic is also misspelled, how come y'all didn't catch that one?!
    (I know why ..)

A French pilot gets into the cockpit of a French army Mirage 2000 jet fighter, on March 26, 2011, at the aerial military base 126 - Capitaine Preziosi aka Solenzara base, in Ventiseri, on the French Mediterranean island Corsica, for a mission in Libya