Page 96 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4570

Thread: Libyan Conflict - Photos and Videos

That last car has been through a little, wonder if he takes it to his insurance agent when this is all done.

Technically Libya isn't considered a 3rd world because of it's oil wealth, but I understand what you write ..
    In (AFAIK) 2008 Poland was added by USA to 3rd world countries list, now we are searching for oil all over country

Quote Originally Posted by marko16 View Post
    That last car has been through a little, wonder if he takes it to his insurance agent when this is all done.
    You think that one's bad? Remember these guys two weeks ago ...

Patched together again, just like new!

Banned user

NBC boots?

I wonder if those rebel tanks were taken out by NATO air or Libyan ground forces?
    This may lend validity to the reports of 'rebel tanks' blasted a week back by NATO ..
    Last edited by He219; 04-15-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Note that all the captured tanks had the top part of the barrel painted in yellow, which might be the way NATO identifies the rebel tanks.

According to the Khadafi soldiers in the video, they are saying that they managed to capture some of them and destroy the rest, while only being equipped with pick up trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DZMCO View Post
    .. saying that they managed to capture some of them and destroy the rest, while only being equipped with pick up trucks.
    I really think they learned a ton in the Toyota War against Chad back in the late 80's ..

I'm impressed at how the Libyan government troops have been performing given their disadvantage against NATO air-strikes

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post
    I really think they learned a ton in the Toyota War against Chad back in the late 80's ..

I'm impressed at how the Libyan government troops have been performing given their disadvantage against NATO air-strikes
    My Thoughts Exactly, khadafi has strong support among Touareg in the South of libya, and they are good at the Toyota war.
    In addition to that, he gave the Libyan citizenship to some Chadian tribes that live in the border region with Chad, plus he is a buddy of Iddriss Deby

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by He219 View Post

If i get myself time machine, i'm going back in time to tell Degtyarev and Shpagin that they ain't inventing AA gun for Soviet Tanks, but best accessory for Toyota pickup

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    If i get myself time machine, i'm going back in time to tell Degtyarev and Shpagin that they ain't inventing AA gun for Soviet Tanks, but best accessory for Toyota pickup
    Funny thing , they call them "Dushka" just like soviet tankers during WWII

Note that all the captured tanks had the top part of the barrel painted in yellow, which might be the way NATO identifies the rebel tanks.
    Rest assured that if this is true then it's likely that Loyalist units are doing the same. The loyalists have proven quite flexible and have adapted well.
    I don't see how they can lose when compared to the rebel fighters.

Banned user

My Thoughts Exactly, khadafi has strong support among Touareg in the South of libya, and they are good at the Toyota war.
    In addition to that, he gave the Libyan citizenship to some Chadian tribes that live in the border region with Chad, plus he is a buddy of Iddriss Deby
    I concur, He219 has been providing photographic evidence (Misurata "greens") on that matter (Tuaregs and Chadians). This goes on to show that this isn't going to be a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbody View Post
    Funny thing , they call them "Dushka" just like soviet tankers during WWII
    in fact almost all the middle eastern armies call it ''Dushka'' at least I'm sure that Iraqis, Syrian and Egyptian do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Scorpion View Post
    in fact almost all the middle eastern armies call it ''Dushka'' at least I'm sure that Iraqis, Syrian and Egyptian do so.
    They call it "DUTSHKA"

A Libyan rebel honor guard fires into the air during the burial of Ramadan Omar Balah April 15, 2011 in Benghazi, Libya. Balah, a rebel against longtime Libyan ruler Moammar Gaddafi's rule, was killed a day ago by Gaddafi sympathizers on the outskirts of Benghazi, a reminder of the brutal civil conflict that is engulfing the north African country. Life in the rebel capital of Benghazi continues on, even as troops loyal to battle with rebel fighters at front lines about 100 miles away, and while residents wonder whether they can escape the pull of Gaddafi's 42-year long rule.