Thread: Protests in Syria - Discussion Thread

RT?.. No thanks. "Wolf! wolf!" works with them just as in the tale.

I hope Clinton was sincere about her words on the Kurdish issue. As in Iraq, it'll prove to be a successful move to have an influential Kurdish movement in the post-Assad government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17255912

One woman, who had walked for three days to escape, said that on Friday troops had taken 36 men and boys from one area and killed them.
    "My son's throat was cut," she said. "He was 12."
    Her husband said he was hiding about 50m away and saw one soldier hold down their son's head with his boot while another killed him.
    "I could hear their screams," he added.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17255912

One woman, who had walked for three days to escape, said that on Friday troops had taken 36 men and boys from one area and killed them.
    "My son's throat was cut," she said. "He was 12."
    Her husband said he was hiding about 50m away and saw one soldier hold down their son's head with his boot while another killed him.
    "I could hear their screams," he added.
    yet. somehow. we gotta hear that "they're terrorists" when they ghost an ******* in a uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMonolith View Post
    yet. somehow. we gotta hear that "they're terrorists" when they ghost an ******* in a uniform.
    do you have kids?

Banned user

do you have kids?
    what makes you ask that question, considering what i just wrote?

if I had it my, the vast majority of the syrian army would be gone by now. the incident you just mentioned more than warrants it.

Where are the westerners who went to defend Palestinians from the evil Israelis.

Why arent they in Syria defending their beloved Arabs.

It seems when arabs massacre each other, there westerners seem to loose interest in human rights very quickly..............when the going gets tough..............

what makes you ask that question, considering what i just wrote?

if I had it my, the vast majority of the syrian army would be gone by now. the incident you just mentioned more than warrants it.
    because there is no way in hell a father will listen and watch to his son being cut 50m away from him and not do anything about or run to tell the story. No one. Ask anyone. Certainly not an Arab father. No way.

Syria is going back to normal, no need to listen to bbc

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_UA View Post
    Syria is going back to normal, no need to listen to bbc
    Yeah, one province out of government control, in several others nothing short of open warfare, third largest city beeing shelled to bricks means anything but "going back to normal".

Banned user

I wonder whats gonna happen if the regime really goes overboard with the retaliations.

At some point, if we dont act, we lose credibility. And somehow I have a hard time seeing that as something desirable for the West at this point in time.

BBC is a propoganda organisation , all that it has been doing all throught the conflict is just propogating one side of the story without giving the other side even a minute of Air time. Hardly can be called a fair reporting .I remember during the 90's when Kashmir terrorist supported by Pakistan was at its peak in my country BBC would just put out one side of the story that of Pakistan and its sponsored terrorist and fabricating lies and stories on Human right abuse of Indian Army based on terrorist information. Finally after 9/11 things changed 180 degrees .No wonder in India BBC is known as Biased Broadcasting Corporation.
    Last edited by AustinJ; 03-05-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Canada bans all dealings with Syrian central bank, closes Syria embassy

Canadian foreign minister: Continuing, appalling violence perpetrated by the Assad regime on the people of Syria compels us to again tighten the vice on those responsible.

By [*******#434141]The Associated Press[/COLOR] and [*******#434141]*******

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...bassy-1.416688
    [/COLOR]

But my hand was made strong by the hand of the Almighty!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinJ View Post
    BBC is a propoganda organisation , all that it has been doing all throught the conflict is just propogating one side of the story without giving the other side even a minute of Air time. Hardly can be called a fair reporting .I remember during the 90's when Kashmir terrorist supported by Pakistan was at its peak in my country BBC would just put out one side of the story that of Pakistan and its sponsored terrorist and fabricating lies and stories on Human right abuse of Indian Army based on terrorist information. Finally after 9/11 things changed 180 degrees .No wonder in India BBC is known as Biased Broadcasting Corporation.
    yea, but it's not just BBC. it's the entire western media as well as Aljazeera. The funny part is that Al jazeera links are frowned upon on threads about Israel-arab conflicts but somehow they are now the ***** because the Sunni Arab caliphate in ME share the same interest as the West in Syria. Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I wonder whats gonna happen if the regime really goes overboard with the retaliations.

At some point, if we dont act, we lose credibility. And somehow I have a hard time seeing that as something desirable for the West at this point in time.
    Credibility with whom?

Quote Originally Posted by africaemerging View Post
    Where are the westerners who went to defend Palestinians from the evil Israelis.

Why arent they in Syria defending their beloved Arabs.

It seems when arabs massacre each other, there westerners seem to loose interest in human rights very quickly..............when the going gets tough..............
    Why must the West bleed everytime people in the world decide to put on their crazy hats and butcher each other? Whole world out there, you know?

Feel free to write down a single reason why Americans or Belgians should bleed for Syrians.