Thread: Protests in Syria - Discussion Thread

Two syrians in one day, one pro-SAA and one pro-FSA, this is going to be interesting, hope you guys are not posers. How is internet working in Syria anyway, what kind of connection do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mucholina View Post
    Two syrians in one day, one pro-SAA and one pro-FSA, this is going to be interesting, hope you guys are not posers. How is internet working in Syria anyway, what kind of connection do you use?
    Well if the first guy is legit than he is in Lebanon. Back in the days his name was mentioned here and there as a source for situation in Homs by several major media outlets. The maps he linked were also articles in NOW Lebanon Arabic written by him.

But if both are legit and some fight here will start I am looking forward to Hollis posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mucholina View Post
    How is internet working in Syria anyway, what kind of connection do you use?
    u have multi ways to access net in syria1- dial up up to actually down to 56 kb/s2- adsl up to 8 mega/s and this is the most used way in syria specially with wireless router 3- 3g with multi names like (surf) by syriateland (speed) by mtn up to 7 mega/s 4- others ways i didnt hear about ..!! From the very beginning of this thread and the other pic\vid thread im here people but only now im talkingand you definitely dont have the full picture of the situation in syria and i assure u imean the other 75% of good things in Syrians live

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by prince99x View Post
    u have multi ways to access net in syria1- dial up up to actually down to 56 kb/s2- adsl up to 8 mega/s and this is the most used way in syria specially with wireless router 3- 3g with multi names like (surf) by syriateland (speed) by mtn up to 7 mega/s 4- others ways i didnt hear about ..!! From the very beginning of this thread and the other pic\vid thread im here people but only now im talkingand you definitely dont have the full picture of the situation in syria and i assure u imean the other 75% of good things in Syrians live
    thats good to hear that you have good access to the internet. I have been following this conflict closely and i can say in my opinion the country is being besieged by terrorists sponsored by gulf states and the west. Is this true? not to impose but can you tell us your religion? and your views? goodluck my thoughts are with the syrian people.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by prince99x View Post
    syria was one of the only countries to help iran in the iraqi imposed war, do you feel like iranians are helping the syrian people right now in return? can you comment on their role?

PressTV Breaking News:

Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter jet pilots in Aleppo: Paper

Syrian Army troops have reportedly arrested four Turkish fighter jet pilots near a military airport in Syria's northwestern province of Aleppo, the Al-Watan newspaper reports.
    http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/1...lots-in-syria/

More info:

Syrian troops arrest 4 Turkish fighter pilots in Aleppo

DAMASCUS, Dec. 31 — Syrian troops arrested four Turkish fighter pilots near a military airport in the northern province of Aleppo, a pro-government daily said Monday.

The guarding troops of the Koerc military airport arrested four Turkish officers who were trying to sneak into the airport with an armed group, al-Watan said, giving no further details about the fate of the Turkish pilots but saying that the incident came to explicitly implicate Turkey.

Also in Aleppo, the paper said more than 100 armed men were killed when the Syrian air force bombarded the Finance Directorate in al-Sufaira town, where the armed men had been gathering.

In the central province of Homs, army units targeted armed groups’ positions in al-Rastan town, killing scores of them, al- Watan said, adding that violence and clashes have renewed in the Yarmouk camp for Palestinian refugees in the capital Damascus between local committees and armed rebels.

Meanwhile, opposition activists reported shelling on many hotspots nationwide by the Syrian army on Monday.
    http://www.nzweek.com/world/syrian-t...-aleppo-40321/

Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    Terrorist supporter or not, France is like all those other opportunistic western countries, who act like moralists, but meanwhile are doing business with various dubious regimes. One doesn't have to support terrorism to be (partially) responsible for the deaths of innocent people, or the oppression of minorities in Arab countries.
    France has no choice but to deal with some of them as all the states that produce oil have 'dubious regimes'.

I really can't understand why the US and other western countries are making the same mistakes all over again. Why for God's sake are western countries supporting extremist Sunny fractions in the Middle East?
    France does not support any extremist Sunny fraction in the ME.

Suspended for infractions

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    France does not support any extremist Sunny fraction in the ME.
    Maybe not directly, but France already recognized the "Syrian opposition" as the "legitimate representative of Syrian people" (which is itself a joke, since obviously the "opposition" doesn't represent all the Syrian people), while it's not even clear who the "opposition" is, what they really represent and what agenda they have (besides ousting Assad). It looks like that on the ground the strongest "opposition" that is going to win and dictate the future, are actually the Islamist groupings and not the secular pro-democracy ones.

But in the typical stupid and shortsighted politician fashion (I'm not referring to France specifically here, but the West in general), I guess that anything can be "corrected" with additional bombing. So what if with our (political & financial) help Syria fell to the islamists and become an Al-Qaeda breeding ground, we will just bomb them five or ten years from now, which will magically solve the problem...

About Turkish pilots issue,seriously EPIC,i can understand if they said special forces,commandos etc. but PILOTS.

If they captured Turkish pilots they would give info about their ID without thinking a second,seems some dudes are seeing dream.

And answer

Turkey denies reports on Turkish pilots arrested in Syria

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tur...&NewsCatID=359

Following imaginary news from Syrian & Iranian Media;

Turkish Military Chief arrested from Syrian Troops in Aleppo when he trying to attack Damascus with a nuclear bomb.

I guess our sneaky pilots were there to steal some of the Syrian high-tech stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ZapB View Post
    Maybe not directly, but France already recognized the "Syrian opposition" as the "legitimate representative of Syrian people" (which is itself a joke, since obviously the "opposition" doesn't represent all the Syrian people), while it's not even clear who the "opposition" is, what they really represent and what agenda they have (besides ousting Assad).
    The SNC is not a joke. It's an umbrella of all the diversity of political formations that oppose Assad. They don't have to have other common ground than that.

It looks like that on the ground the strongest "opposition" that is going to win and dictate the future, are actually the Islamist groupings and not the secular pro-democracy ones.
    There's no evidence to sustain this.

But in the typical stupid and shortsighted politician fashion (I'm not referring to France specifically here, but the West in general), I guess that anything can be "corrected" with additional bombing. So what if with our (political & financial) help Syria fell to the islamists and become an Al-Qaeda breeding ground, we will just bomb them five or ten years from now, which will magically solve the problem...
    If France and the West will stay out of it the Islamic states will fill the vaccum. IMO, we should have provided weapons to the FSA from the start. As we did not, Qatar, KSA came in and we see now the result with reinforced Islamic fractions.

It is quite possible that the airport has some helicopters in storage and they someone to fly them out.

Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    It is quite possible that the airport has some helicopters in storage and they someone to fly them out.
    In such case, the rebels should first take the airfield and then Turkish pilots could fly out the helicopters. But it does not make sense for Turkish pilots to participate to the assault, like in a James Bond film.