Page 2942 of 2942 FirstFirst ... 19422442284228922932293429352936293729382939294029412942
Results 44,116 to 44,122 of 44122

Thread: Protests in Syria - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Do yourself a favor and a great favor for us. READ THIS THREAD before posting again.
    Read 3000 pages?!
    I had followed this thread for some time, but not regularly. And I had followed the civil war as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    I'm sorry, are you trying to talk to me about media standards? Apologies but this isn't something I care about and ONCE AGAIN, I'm not talking about the media, I'm talking about the press releases and the drivel spouted by various foreign ministries and the American state department. Those are my pleasure to seek out and shoot full of holes.
    You want to argue about who has the higher ground, who is better? Don't bother because for the most part they are completely worthless with the exception of a gem here and there. Unless the subject pertains to Syria, I'm not going to respond again. I have no time to pay attention to media circle jerks. Unless the subject pertains to Syria, I'm not going to respond again. I have no time to pay attention to media circle jerks.
    I’m talking about the media, because today she is much more influential on the Syrian civil war subject, than some press releases from government institutions. Is this right or not?
    And speaking of foreign ministries, once again, the Russians and Iranians have the biggest influence on the Syrian internal affairs, right from the start. The US state department can’t even compare to them. So, basically, you are knocking on the wrong door, or "shoot full of holes" in the wrong direction, wherever how you like to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    In the beginning they were on the fence, many I know were hopeful for change, but now, they are Pro-Assad, every last one.
    The protection of Armenians can’t and will not justify the terror and genocide against Sunni population, carried out by Assad. And those who collaborate with these crimes, shouldn't expect a better treatment by the opposing side.
    I still wish the best for your people, but if they don’t leave the sinking ship before it’s too late, they will go down with him. You can’t rely forever on Hizzbulah and Iranian fighters, Russian military aid, and immunity in the UN security council.
    It's that simple, and all the anger in your posts can’t change it.
    Last edited by The Boogeyman; 2 Hours Ago at 04:32 AM.

The Syrian foreign ministry on Wednesday accused the United Nations and UN-Arab League envoy Lakhdar Brahimi of obstructing the Geneva II peace process aimed at ending the country's three-year conflict."The UN and its envoy Lakhdar Brahimi, who has taken sides and is no longer an honest mediator, are responsible for obstructing the Geneva II talks," a ministry official said, quoted by state television.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#axzz2zmzd2m7p

They don't want to negotiate with the opposition, now they don't want Brahimi as well...

Quote Originally Posted by The Boogeyman View Post
    The protection of Armenians can’t and will not justify the terror and genocide against Sunni population, carried out by Assad. And those who collaborate with these crimes, shouldn't expect a better treatment by the opposing side.
    I still wish the best for your people, but if they don’t leave the sinking ship before it’s too late, they will go down with him. You can’t rely forever on Hizzbulah and Iranian fighters, Russian military aid, and immunity in the UN security council.
    You have some things mixed up. Armenians don't collaborate in anything, they just defend themselves against the islamist revolution. The same thing as Kurds.

It's the Sunni islamist ideology that wants to ethnically cleanse Christians, Shiites, Kurds, Alawites... through hard means (terror incursions like the one in Latakia) or soft means, like sharia imposed extortion tax on non-muslims. Are you suggesting that minorities just pack up, leave ("the sinking ship") and give up their homes or submit to islamic fundamentalists? Well, that's not gonna happen. Other religious and ethnic minorities have no future under a sharia ruled islamic dictatorship, so they might as well stick with the secular one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZapB View Post
    You have some things mixed up. Armenians/Christians don't collaborate in anything, they just defend themselves against the islamist revolution. The same thing as Kurds.

It's the Sunni islamist ideology that wants to ethnically cleanse Christians, Shiites, Kurds, Alawites... through hard means (terror incursions like the one in Latakia) or soft means, like Sharia imposed extortion tax on non-muslims. Are you suggesting that minorities just pack up, leave ("the sinking ship") and give up their homes or submit to islamic fundamentalists? Well, that's not gonna happen.
    The Armenians are pro-Assad (if what Laworkerbee said is true). This is not evan cloce whit the Kurds, who refuses to take side and flushed out both the Regime and the Jihadist from their territory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boogeyman View Post
    The Armenians are pro-Assad (if what Laworkerbee said is true). This is not evan cloce whit the Kurds, who refuses to take side and flushed out both the Regime and the Jihadist from their territory.
    The Kurds want to found their own state/more autonomy, which is why they fight Assad. As far as I know there are no similar Armenian demands. Plus, the Armenians have neither the manpower or the connections to organise a succesfull defence organisation by themselves, thus they have to support Assad to ensure their protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
    The Kurds want to found their own state/more autonomy, which is why they fight Assad. As far as I know there are no similar Armenian demands. Plus, the Armenians have neither the manpower or the connections to organise a succesfull defence organisation by themselves, thus they have to support Assad to ensure their protection.
    Agreed. But like I said, the protection of minorities can’t justify the terror and genocide, carried out by Assad. That's why the negociations between the opposing sides were so important. And evan afther Brahimi put the blame for their failure on the Regime, this thread is still flooded with pro-Regime/anti-Western propaganda.

The western governments have given up on regime change in Syria and admit that Assad government will have to be part of any peace deal. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-in-power.html