Page 3285 of 3285 FirstFirst ... 22852785318532353275327732783279328032813282328332843285
Results 49,261 to 49,270 of 49270

Thread: Protests in Syria - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Sayers View Post
    By my reckoning ISIS are simultaneously fighting:

- The FSA
    - The Islamic Front
    - Jabhat al Nusra
    - Assorted minor rebel groups
    - The SAA
    - The NDF
    - Hezbollah
    - Iraqi militias in Syria
    - Other pro-govt militias
    - The YPG
    - The PKK
    - The Peshmerga
    - The Iraqi army
    - Shia militias in Iraq
    - The SyAAF
    - The Iraqi airforce
    - Western and Arab intelligence agencies
    - occasional direct conflict with the Turkish and Jordanian militaries.

The crazy thing is that for the most part they are winning their battles.
    They hardly ever advance against more than one enemy at the same time..

Good observation thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pinochet View Post
    These sorts of large scale Attacks must be coming in at a major cost for ISIS...

its absolutely unbelievable how their estimates are always in the low thousands, yet they take on many enemies at the time, Capture/hold territory and seem unfazed by their casualty count...

Something here is off... There is no way in hell the common estimates "mainstream media" provides for ISIS can be close...
    My bet is that they are using the same strategy as the Mongols in the 13th century. Relatively few in number, but holding control over large areas due to sheer terror inflicted upon the population.

Charles Lister @Charles_Lister 20m
    Extraordinary ISIS progress in 48hrs #SYRIA: Regiment 121, S. Hasakah city & 17 Division. #IRAQ: Approaching Baghdad Airport & Golden Div'n.

My comment - I think the fall of the artillery regiment base is probably worse than Division 17 and am dreading to think how many more artillery pieces and shells ISIS have just acquired. I would imagine Division 17 used up a lot of its ammo before falling but this place hasn't seen that much fighting around it - although presumably a lot of their pre-war stocks have been sent to active fronts.

Google translate of the end of this Arabic report states:

"when the 320 component, and 10 rocket launchers, and 3 cannon 130.4 mortar, and 12 machine gun 23, and 8 submachine 14.5, and 22 snipers, ammunition depots and 8."

http://www.sirajpress.com/%D9%85%D9%.../#.U9O9lfRDsQM

Quote Originally Posted by thegogoman View Post
    I may not be the best informed person about it but I don't think the Russians have any relevant PMGs to supply. A Predator type MALE UAV with Hellfire like missiles and light LGBs would have been perfect in the current battlefield. The Russians the seemed to have missed the bus here. Last I heard they were trying to import the Damocles designator pod from the French. The only possible alternative is China which has be displaying quite a few different UAVs and PGMs in trade shows etc. But I'm betting the Saudis will try to buy them over if they already haven't.
    Chinese are offering large variety of different guided bombs.
    http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-GBU.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Sayers View Post
    Charles Lister @Charles_Lister 20m
    Extraordinary ISIS progress in 48hrs #SYRIA: Regiment 121, S. Hasakah city & 17 Division. #IRAQ: Approaching Baghdad Airport & Golden Div'n.

My comment - I think the fall of the artillery regiment base is probably worse than Division 17 and am dreading to think how many more artillery pieces and shells ISIS have just acquired. I would imagine Division 17 used up a lot of its ammo before falling but this place hasn't seen that much fighting around it - although presumably a lot of their pre-war stocks have been sent to active fronts.

Google translate of the end of this Arabic report states:

"when the 320 component, and 10 rocket launchers, and 3 cannon 130.4 mortar, and 12 machine gun 23, and 8 submachine 14.5, and 22 snipers, ammunition depots and 8."

http://www.sirajpress.com/%D9%85%D9%.../#.U9O9lfRDsQM
    There has to be some sort of foreign intervention soon seriously. Otherwise i have no clue how IS is supposed to be defeated. Unles they overextend themself like Papadoc suggested.

SOHR: fierce clashes over sha'ar gas field in homs and reports that regime has recaptured it

Quote Originally Posted by Etkire View Post
    There has to be some sort of foreign intervention soon seriously. Otherwise i have no clue how IS is supposed to be defeated. Unles they overextend themself like Papadoc suggested.
    Calm down.

All they did was captured two remote bases which rebels failed to capture due to their delinquency. These are all in IS strongholds

SAA recapture Shaer gas field completely.

https://twitter.com/mutludc

Reported on twitter that 500 Syrian regular troops and 35 tanks have surrendered to YPG in Al Hasakah.

Could this be the Kawkab military base or escaping troops from regiment 121?

If this report is true, the YPG suddenly has a lot of heavy weapons....