Thread: Protests in Syria - Discussion Thread

Banned user

Conflicting reports emerged Tuesday on clashes between Syrian regime forces and rebel troops along the Lebanese-Syrian border in the northern Bekaa Valley.
    ******* quoted residents as saying that Syrian troops entered northern Lebanon, clashed with Syrian rebels and destroyed a farm building.
    "More than 35 Syrian soldiers came across the border and started to destroy houses," a resident in the Bekaa village of Al-Qaa told *******.
    “Another resident said that the soldiers, some traveling in armored personnel vehicles, fired rocket-propelled grenades and exchanged heavy machinegun fire with rebels,” ******* reported.

Meanwhile, a resident of the area told NOW Lebanon that the Syrian army entered Lebanese territory with “the help of the Lebanese army.”

He added that “the Lebanese army arrested many Lebanese nationals [pursuant to the] orders of the Syrian army.”

“We don’t know whom to run from, the Lebanese or the Syrian army.”
    “We are at war, we are sitting in the [farm] fields now. I heard that [the Syrians] were going to [move in farther] in a while, around three kilometers into Lebanese land.”
    However, AFP quoted the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights as saying that clashes took place on the Syrian side of the border between government troops and rebel soldiers, not in Lebanon.
    Also, the National News Agency denied that Syrian forces crossed into Masharee al-Qaa.
    http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...aspx?ID=380581

[FONT=inherit]The opposition leaders were not clear with us. They did not openly give us a clear picture, they did not show us their programme or strategy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]They did not identify themselves. They did not say to whom they belong, to which organisations.[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]Who are the members of the Syrian National Council? Who are these people?

There is a reason for that my dear.

The Kurds seem also to be out of the opposition after realizing that their support will taken for granted.[/FONT]

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

The Kurds seem also to be out of the opposition after realizing that their support will taken for granted.
    Interesting! Is there a source on this in mainstay news like BBC or something? If true, Assad has already won

I dont see how they'll win without the Kurd's support, or hell, anyh of the other minorities like the Assyrians/etc

If this is truly an Islamist takeover, its already over

There were reports last weeks from opposition sources saying that there were shortage in black market supplies and they were running out of ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    Interesting! Is there a source on this in mainstay news like BBC or something? If true, Assad has already won

I dont see how they'll win without the Kurd's support, or hell, anyh of the other minorities like the Assyrians/etc

If this is truly an Islamist takeover, its already over
    http://www.*******.com/article/2012/...82Q0TC20120328

Syrian opposition reunites, but Kurds walk out

The deal satisfied all but the Kurds, who stayed away due to the refusal of some SNC members to accept their demand for a reference to Kurdish rights in the group's vision for a post-Assad Syria.
    Kamal al-Labwani, an opposition leader who had split from the SNC last month, said he doubted whether the opposition would hold together, but for now their accord will help Arab and Western governments make Assad stop his brutal repression.
    "I have had to make deals here today with people I am morally opposed to dealing with," Labwani told *******. "By agreeing here today we will help avoid civil war in Syria."

Banned user

Foreign fighters in Syria
    Assad jihadists declare a Holy War

Abu Rami is Lebanese, but he shed his blood for Syria: The 40-year-old is one of hundreds of Arabs who are fighting alongside the rebels against the Assad regime. Many of these volunteers are veterans of the Iraq conflict - they also feel comfortable in Syria in the Holy War.
    http://translate.google.de/translate...4061%2C00.html

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

Meanwhile the Lebanese president on twitter:
    "All the events in the Arab World should not detract us from seeking justice and resolution for our main cause, #Palestine"

https://twitter.com/#!/SleimanMichel...75884562272257

I doubt that it is him writing. He probably has his PR staff working on his twitter/FB and other accounts.

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by kalerab View Post
    I doubt that it is him writing. He probably has his PR staff working on his twitter/FB and other accounts.
    I think so as well. Still, I find this pretty typical.

There's been a counter-revolution against the Arab Spring recently by the Assad/Iran camp to refocus obsession on the poor Palestinians as an attempt to undermine the opposition in Syria. This is all part of that.

[*******#333333]"All the events in the Arab World should not detract us from seeking justice and resolution for our main cause, #Palestine"

Haahahahhhahahhahaha you gotta love these people. Never mind your own people being slaughtered, concentrate your efforts on the evil Juice. Until the Arabs wake up and smell the coffee they will continue to wallow in their rubbish.[/COLOR]

Banned user

Osama Al-Mallouhi of the Syrian Opposition Suggests Jews Use Syrian Blood for Passover Matzos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKN9-J4dPxg

I don't think anyone in Israel expects Syria to be friendly if Assad falls.

So does Israel want a democratic government in Syria or a responsible one? Not that Assad has been responsible but I think Israel could have worked with him more than the new mob.