Thread: USN Senior Chief(E-8) being court martiled for horseplay

The soul that is within me no man can degrade bd popeye's Avatar

Thumbs down USN Senior Chief(E-8) being court martiled for horseplay

This senior chief is accused of physical & verbal abuse with junior personnel under his charge. If this is true >>> What an idiot. Here's 1/3 of the story below. Go to the link for the remainder.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/seni...ne-sailors-say

Senior chief's horseplay crossed line, sailors say..

By Kate Wiltrout
    The Virginian-Pilot
    April 6, 2011
    NORFOLK
    Does "consensual horseplay" between a senior chief petty officer and lower-ranking sailors violate Navy regulations?

If junior sailors begin treating their senior chief the way he treated them - with verbal insults and physical abuse - does that let the senior chief off the hook for his actions?

The Navy's prosecution of Senior Chief Petty Officer Kevin M. Curtis may hinge on the answers to those questions. Curtis faces more than 15 counts of physically abusing younger masters-at-arms who worked for him in the security division of the aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush. If he is convicted of all the charges against him, he could face more than 50 years in prison.

Wow. Horseplay has it's place, but that senior chief not only stepped over the bounds, he took a running leap over them. Spastically violent and unstable people like that don't belong in the service.

The soul that is within me no man can degrade bd popeye's Avatar

Spastically violent and unstable people like that don't belong in the service.
    I agree. How did he last at leat 14 years? Somebody goofed. Or he has some sort of latent mental problems that have now surfaced.

While horse play is a part of military life. Seems quite a bit of what he suppsedly did went well above what most would consider horseplay.

Horseplay is supposed to be fun, this guy was flat out assaulting people...

What a ****, power corrupts.