Thread: Russian Armed Forces News & Discussion thread

  1. #2581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubick View Post
    new models can carry 12000 tons of payload it seems)

    That gotta be one big Sukhoi.:P

  2. #2582
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Haha, I have no idea why I wrote tons instead of kg's.

  3. #2583
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubick View Post
    SU-32/34 has longer range and a bigger payload (new models can carry 12000 Kg's of payload it seems) also is far more suited as a bomber.
    Strike fighter would be more [*******#000000]appropriate[/COLOR] term, no ?
    Su-34 has a lot of other features which make it a superior strike fighter. It has a much more powerful inbuilt EW jammer suite and a radar optimised for ground targets and nap of the earth flying. There was a good discussion on paralay forums about it, and why it is a far better option than the Su-30 for ground missions.

  4. #2584
    Senior Member Elbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Pollos Hermanos
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunshipDemocracy View Post
    Yep, 72 per one Antey. Seems in the west nobody's going dare to say that elections legitimacy is in doubt anymore I am just wondering if flight time ~3 hours before reaching targets is not to long in order to suppress AMD before Russia answers with ICBMs response.
    You sound like you've got your fallout shelter, canned food, and VHS reruns all ready to go and can't wait for the fireworks to begin.

  5. #2585
    Senior Member Maximmmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Su-34 has a lot of other features which make it a superior strike fighter. It has a much more powerful inbuilt EW jammer suite and a radar optimised for ground targets and nap of the earth flying. There was a good discussion on paralay forums about it, and why it is a far better option than the Su-30 for ground missions.
    And its quite a pretty bird by itself, might look a bit awkward on the ground at first glance but then all the angles in the air really show it in the proper way.

  6. #2586
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    BTW who says the Oscar-2 can carry 72 Calbir ? Is that an official confirmation ?

  7. #2587
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinJ View Post
    BTW who says the Oscar-2 can carry 72 Calbir ? Is that an official confirmation ?
    Their tubes are big enough to carry at least 3 Clubs each (easily), and they have 24 tubes each.

  8. #2588
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Their tubes are big enough to carry at least 3 Clubs each (easily), and they have 24 tubes each.
    Even if that were to be True , I think they would carry the same payload as Yasen which is combination of Oniks and Kalbir.

    BTW is there any information on Oniks on other russian language forum , the range of ~ 290 km seems to be too low and could be export limitations.

  9. #2589
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinJ View Post
    Even if that were to be True , I think they would carry the same payload as Yasen which is combination of Oniks and Kalbir.

    BTW is there any information on Oniks on other russian language forum , the range of ~ 290 km seems to be too low and could be export limitations.
    The tubes are also big enough to carry 3x Oniks each from the looks of it as well. And yes, 290km is an export restriction, the domestic version is rumoured to have ~400km range or so. Could be more for newer variants, but Russia isn't in the habit of releasing such data about domestic weapons.

  10. #2590
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    The tubes are also big enough to carry 3x Oniks each from the looks of it as well. And yes, 290km is an export restriction, the domestic version is rumoured to have ~400km range or so. Could be more for newer variants, but Russia isn't in the habit of releasing such data about domestic weapons.
    400 km is still a good stand off range if thats was Oniks can achieve , Kalbir range was disclosed by Navy Chief at 2500 km.

    Even if they can get 2x Kalbir/Oniks over single Shipwreck thats still double the firepower.

  11. #2591
    Suspended for infractions
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pillau
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    MoD tender for 50 light helicopters failed, will be reinitiated http://lenta.ru/news/2012/03/23/fail/

  12. #2592
    Suspended for infractions
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pillau
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    MoD approved ARMATA project http://lenta.ru/news/2012/03/23/armata/

    All technical data approved. After 3 years there will be real prototype ready. This armor will be "Obj. 195" and "Black Eagle" descendant.

    wow, more and more news last times.

  13. #2593
    Suspended for infractions
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pillau
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    MoD started a large scale tanks, cars, and lorries utilization. T-55, T-62, T-64, GAZ-66, ZIL-31, UAZ-3551 will be completely removed. http://lenta.ru/news/2012/03/23/getridof/

  14. #2594
    Member Mr_Blob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    dans la ville de Sylvia
    Posts
    38

    Default

    About Popovkin recent "problems" : http://www.parabolicarc.com/2012/03/...le/#more-35943
    Coud someone enlighten me about what is BS and what is not in this article ?

  15. #2595
    Senior Member Raden5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blob View Post
    About Popovkin recent "problems" : http://www.parabolicarc.com/2012/03/...le/#more-35943
    Coud someone enlighten me about what is BS and what is not in this article ?
    There is a criminal case on "the development of the GLONASS system". Of course, some are not very pleased...

    P.S. Black PR - a very common phenomenon in the MIC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •