Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idef 2011

Remov,
    if you r still there, ask CZ about semiautomatic version of the Scorpion EVO. I'll owe you a beer.

Lekomin, I am not in Brno, but in Istambul, behind the city wall of Constatine (ex-Byzantium, ex-Constantinople). And I am not surrounded by a few good-natured smaženı sır and tatarská omáčka eaters, but cordoned by 11 millions of angry kebap scoffers (wannabe EU-men). "Turkce bilmiyorum" my device, "anlamadim" my motto. There is not a CZUB stand at the IDEF, but for sure there is one, at the IDET (it should be world premiere of the new CZUB sniper rifle, I was told). But, sooner or later I ask about the semi-automatic version of the EVO, for sure. Send me the beer, just in case. "Herbowe" from Browar Koreb my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by REMOV View Post
    .... but for sure there is one, at the IDET (it should be world premiere of the new CZUB sniper rifle, I was told).
    Something other than the CZ 750 S1 M1? That's good news.
    Teşekkür ederim Remov.

P.S. Have you tried the baklava yet?

BTW, Did they show the new Kalekalip/MKEK rifle in 7.62x51?

Aselsan Leopard 2NG upgrade solution (Its an upgraded Leo 2a4)
    For more info watch the video: http://youtu.be/4frziRdqN6o

Aselsan Aselpod

Altay MBT mockup, Four prototypes to be developed before one of them is chosen in 2015.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by Jedigman; 05-12-2011 at 11:39 AM.

IDEF 2011: Turkish MBT prototype unveiled at IDEF

May 12, 2011
    The newest main battle tank (MBT) prototype for the Turkish Armed forces has been unveiled this week at IDEF 2011 in Istanbul by Otokar. If the programme goes according to plan the MBT, known as ‘Altay’, will be the first indigenously developed tank for Turkey.
    The Turkish Armed Forces already operate the Leopard 1A and 2A models and the new tank will offer a significant upgrade to existing capabilities.
    Ali Eren Topcu, System Requirement Management Section Manager for Otokar, told Shephard that the tank is currently in the first phase of the programme and will enter production pending approval by the Turkish Armed Forces.
    Following the preliminary review Otokar will develop two further prototypes, a mobile testing rig and fighting testing rig ahead of a Critical Design Review. If accepted by the Turkish Armed Forces Otokar expects the MBT to enter service in around 2016.
    ‘So far the Turkish Armed Forces are very interested in the prototype, and the capabilities it will bring them’, Topcu said. He declined to comment on how many vehicles Otokar hopes to develop with the programme.
    The tank features a L55 gun, remote weapon station, and a 1,500hp engine. Both the gunners’ and commanders’ stations have identical capabilities in terms of visual systems, and also feature many of the same elements as those on the newly revealed Aselsan Leopard 2 Upgrade Solution. Along with full life support system, and air-conditioning, it is fitted with a fully digitised command and control station and an active protection system.

Claire Apthorp, Istanbul

http://www.shephard.co.uk/news/landw...-at-idef/9048/

Quote Originally Posted by alvarhanso View Post
    BTW, Did they show the new Kalekalip/MKEK rifle in 7.62x51?
    As i read no :/ but Turkiye and Azerbaycan sign deal for this rifles.

@REMOV why so angry ? O_O

Last edited by Jedigman; 05-12-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulytau View Post
    As i read no :/
    Well... yes and no. Officialiy there is not, but unofficially... being in the right time in the right place is a key to success. No photos allowed, unfortunately, am I not Turkish prime minister - the project is still highly classified The nameless (at least for now) short stroke AR-10 lookalike, but different inside.
    but Turkiye and Azerbaycan sign deal for this rifles
    Yes, but I am not quite sure what will be a role of the 7,62-mm battle rifle in Azerbaijan military. I doubt it would be the same as in Turkish army. The Azeri base assault rifle is the AK-74/74M and they stick with them plus add some rails here or there.
    @REMOV why so angry ? O_O
    I am not angry at all, just making a little fun of everything. The Turkey (or Istambul to be precise) is such a nice place, the brown-eyed Turkish people are friendly and helpful, the kebap is tasty, the WiFi in the hotel works fine, the horns beeps all the time, day and night, the muezzin close to the hotel is vocally gifted, and the Turkish way of driving is still far far away from my ability

Turkish weapon manufacturer MKE sense of humour
    Last edited by REMOV; 05-13-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REMOV View Post

Turkish weapon manufacturer MKE sense of humour
    So what? I am not sure of the reliability of the source. But, assuming that what's told there is right, what's wrong with MKE's statement?
    MKE is a state owned company and its roots go back to Ottoman era. Of course one cannot say MKE is around 560 years old but, again
    assuming the cannons were made by that man told in the link, there is no contradiction. As its name implies, Ottomans had an empire,
    which means there was a big mixture of a wide range of nationalities (even a small community of Poles, descendants of whom live in a village called Polonezköy in Istanbul). It's really hard to understand your point here.

MKE needs to be privatized, their imagination level for making new weapons is being hampered by the government.