Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 418183848586878889909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1420

Thread: US Military as a foreigner.

I wasnt saying it would. But I need a green card to join and therefore I am asking about certain details concerning green cards.

Try looking on here: FAQ on US Green Card.

You can go to GOARMY.com. Then you can email or chat with someone from there to point you in the right direction. I went through basic with a guy from Canada. He had[*******#366388]dual citizenship[/COLOR], so he had to renounce his Canadian citizenship, so be warned.

The Army can be a very gratifying experience depending on what you want to do. I don't regret it for a second, if I did I sure wouldn't have re-enlisted.

Don't listen to any of the hippies on here. If you want to do something, you're the one that will live with the consequences, so good luck.

PS-Iraq isn't all that bad...

And in response to that clown a few posts above me...three trips and counting down with anticipation until my next one.

No. Don't bother the embassy staff. You cannot join any branch of the US Armed Forces unless you are either a US Citizen or Legal Resident. Scroll up to my post (#1403) to read more.

Super Special Member

I'd love to work for the US Military Health System in IM/IT

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodMarine View Post
    No. Don't bother the embassy staff. You cannot join any branch of the US Armed Forces unless you are either a US Citizen or Legal Resident. Scroll up to my post (#1403) to read more.
    Second that, I was able to enlist only after I got the Green Card on my own.

Super Special Member

what are the general thoughts of the health services that the US Army provides for its employees?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ladynadia View Post
    what are the general thoughts of the health services that the US Army provides for its employees?
    complete and utter CRAP. The Army hospital here is nicknamed "crippler" (name is Tripler) because of how god damn ****ty the service there is. My stepdaughter broke her arm recently, Ambulance brought her to a Civilian hospital first outside base, they got her calm and wrapped her arm..here pain was a 3 on the 1-10 pain scale they use, we go to Tripler for surgery and 10 minutes after we walk in she is back up to a 10 and screaming. Everytime i have gone to any US Army medical facility i absolutely hated it, Fort Leonardwood, Fort Benning and Tripler.

Super Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    complete and utter CRAP. The Army hospital here is nicknamed "crippler" (name is Tripler) because of how god damn ****ty the service there is. My stepdaughter broke her arm recently, Ambulance brought her to a Civilian hospital first outside base, they got her calm and wrapped her arm..here pain was a 3 on the 1-10 pain scale they use, we go to Tripler for surgery and 10 minutes after we walk in she is back up to a 10 and screaming. Everytime i have gone to any US Army medical facility i absolutely hated it, Fort Leonardwood, Fort Benning and Tripler.
    Well that really blows, I recently read the IM/IT strategic plan for 2010-2015 (yes I'm in IT) and it inspired me to look into employment at the DND CIO....

well i hope your more competent than half the MFers at these slaughterhouses they call "medical facilities"

Banned user
    Nova Scotia, Canada. Not the arse of the world, but damn near it.

well i hope your more competent than half the MFers at these slaughterhouses they call "medical facilities"
    I'm really surprised to hear that, really. Whenever the German military medical services want more money they like to say "look at what the Americans do" - and German military hospitals already tend to be top of the line compared to civilian hospitals.

Super Special Member

Well, I am paid well, so I assume I do my job well. Not every healthcare facility is top of the line; there are always people who don't really care about healthcare, it's just a job to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuultz View Post
    I'm really surprised to hear that, really. Whenever the German military medical services want more money they like to say "look at what the Americans do" - and German military hospitals already tend to be top of the line compared to civilian hospitals.
    im one guy and this is MY opinion, don't take it as fact there killer. I have also received medical care at Air Force and Navy medical facilities and both were MUCH better than the Army ones ive been too.

Banned user
    Nova Scotia, Canada. Not the arse of the world, but damn near it.

im one guy and this is MY opinion, don't take it as fact there killer. I have also received medical care at Air Force and Navy medical facilities and both were MUCH better than the Army ones ive been too.
    Who runs Landstuhl?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuultz View Post
    Who runs Landstuhl?
    Army does.