Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4585878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1466

Thread: US Military as a foreigner.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuultz View Post
    Who runs Landstuhl?
    Army does.

Foreigners could definitely enlist in the US military, I don't see why they can't. They can also deploy to warzones like Afghanistan, it's just the high rank they won't be able to receive immediately. Also, joining the US military as a foreigner earns you citizenship in the US of A.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

No, you're wrong.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogta4 View Post
    Also, joining the US military as a foreigner earns you citizenship in the US of A.
    Not automatic.
    One still must undergo the naturalization process.

They can also deploy to warzones like Afghanistan
    There are certian job classifications that limit entry for non-citizen servicemen. For example, on my ship, non-citizen sailors were restricted from serving on a nuclear powered vessel. We had a Filipino non-rate recruit that was sent to us by accident. We had to cross deck him to a fossil burner.

it's just the high rank they won't be able to receive immediately
    One must be a US Citizen to be a commissioned officer.

Default Joining the US Army

Hey everyone.

I'm rather young, but I'm trying to plan myself a future. I've though about being a programmer(I'm VERY good with both software and hardware, better than anyone else I know at my age) but I've decided wasting my entire life sitting in front of a monitor isn't for me. I want something more active, something that won't get be bored. I play lot of computer games so i know much about computers.

I thought if it's possible for me to develop a military career. I live in Spain but I really hate this place so I want to move to the US. My English is good, all english i have learnt it has been on the computer, and i am trying to learn more enlgish, but I heard it's hard to get there. My dad works on spanish army, I dont like it.

Other than that I though about developing a military career at the US army. I might change my mind, but I just wanna know how much of my plan is possible for now.

Once I get there I wanna sign up to the army immediately. I'm not even sure I need a house as the army provides all I need, so I can basically live there. At first, I would like to join the 101st Airborne or I would like to serve at rather high-risk force(snipers,seals,etc) for as long as I can and then still work for the army at a more passive job, such as engineering, or research and development.

I know it might sound weird and stuff, but I really wanna be a soldier. Please tell me if my plan is possible, comment or correct it.

My parents think that: "Just a kid, probably tomorrow he will forget it..., he just watched that film and ...etc"

Thats just wrong, i wanna be part of one of the finest armys in the world, become a soldier, train my main and my body..."

Also, they came to europe to defend us from old germany (nazi), lot of their soldiers died. So I think I should help them, cause they help us with their lives.

So, what should i do? Should i study something special? I was thinking about engineering, but i dont really know if its gonna be useful.

Thank you

Alberto

Talk to a recruiter.

How? I live in Spain in a small island in the atlantic (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)

Banned user

You need a green card to enlist the US military, it isn't the FFL.

How about spanish army?

I think in US you would need a green card, which is not easy to get.

And you say you are young. Just take care of your shape and dont think it too much. As a youngster i myself thought i would like to make a career in army, but after my conscript service ended I decided otherwise. The idea you have about it right now probably has nothing to do with reality.

Also, ease on the video games and spend time with your friends.
    Last edited by PEMM; 03-15-2012 at 11:18 AM.

It would be interesting to know how old you are, because frankly, I think your parents are indeed right with their assumption:

My parents think that: "Just a kid, probably tomorrow he will forget it..., he just watched that film and ...etc"
    Reading stuff like this

I play lot of computer games so i know much about computers.
    is kind of... amusing - especially in connection with your "hate" towards Spain, and the interest for US SOF.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

PS: If I may add:

Also, they came to europe to defend us from old germany (nazi), lot of their soldiers died. So I think I should help them, cause they help us with their lives.
    Try to learn something about your country's history, before you waste more precious time with playing computer games.

I mean I play games but not like COD or BF3 or this s*** about marines.

My dad is on the spanish army but he does same **** everyday, this life is totally boring. I know it won┤t be much different from the United States but I would like to at least be a nice soldier who fought by a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Raem View Post

My dad is on the spanish army but he does same **** everyday, this life is totally boring. I know it won┤t be much different from the United States but I would like to at least be a nice soldier who fought by a reason.
    This statement is so golden...

Raem, I'm pretty sure you can also be a "nice" soldier in the Spanish armed forces and serve your country well, without doing some boring stuff day in day out. You should ask your dad (who has obviously some experience in the Spanish army) about the possibilities your country's armed forces offer (army, navy, air force) for a man who is eager to be a soldier.

€dit: Here's the Spanish Armed Forces picture thread of MP.net. I suggest you take a look at it before you judge your country. http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...-Forces/page66

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Raem View Post

I used to live on a small island part of a greater kingdom too, the island life is extremely boring.
    But you need to experience continental life, especially in a great country like spain, to be able to judge it.
    I say you should wait till your 18, and in the meanwhile read up on your own country's history. It seems you don't know your own greatness.

And if you are going to judge ww2 by means of sacrifice you'd best join the russian armed forces, not even mentioning that spain was neutral during ww2 after just having experienced a long civil war

Troll thread...I hope...