Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448486878889909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1420

Thread: US Military as a foreigner.

15. When you're 16, all your future plans you make today could have taken a 180° turn. Here's an advice: stop playing computer games, study hard to get good grades in school, date some girls and have fun. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to wrack your brains over your possible military career and/or how to obtain a Green Card at this age, in my opinion.

Nyusu, you never know how your destiny is going to be. So first, get a bit of education from your family and then come to this forum.

Raganarok, I know Its hard to join there, but I will try, What should I study? I have a nice physical condition, I go out with friends, I play football regularly (and i will keep to become a strong person). I´ve gone much times with my dad to the spanish army, he just stays behind a computer doing nothing. He goes to the university to get a "master" so they cant make him go away from Las Palmas. It´s just boring and boring. I know how is the life of an Spanish soldier, I dont know how an US army soldier is, but I want to change, this island is so so so boring.

So the thing is, Whats the easier way to get the green card?, What should I study? And, if I join the army, do I have to get a house or anything or I just leave in a barrack or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Raem View Post
    I´ve gone much times with my dad to the spanish army, he just stays behind a computer doing nothing. He goes to the university to get a "master" so they cant make him go away from Las Palmas. It´s just boring and boring. I know how is the life of an Spanish soldier, I dont know how an US army soldier is, but I want to change, this island is so so so boring.
    In all honesty, you seriously think the military career of your father is representative for the whole Spanish Armed Forces? Boy, you've a long way to go.

You can only hope Miguelencanarias will never stumble into this thread.

You buy me drinkie [RNZE]Sapper's Avatar

Nyusu, you never know how your destiny is going to be. So first, get a bit of education from your family and then come to this forum.

Raganarok, I know Its hard to join there, but I will try, What should I study? I have a nice physical condition, I go out with friends, I play football regularly (and i will keep to become a strong person). I´ve gone much times with my dad to the spanish army, he just stays behind a computer doing nothing. He goes to the university to get a "master" so they cant make him go away from Las Palmas. It´s just boring and boring. I know how is the life of an Spanish soldier, I dont know how an US army soldier is, but I want to change, this island is so so so boring.

So the thing is, Whats the easier way to get the green card?, What should I study? And, if I join the army, do I have to get a house or anything or I just leave in a barrack or something like that?
    Have you considered joining the Imperial Guards? Plenty of action, get to travel to exotic locations and if you're lucky you can make it to your.......16th Hour!

I think you're missing the point. We're all trying to tell you to wait to grow up a bit more and gather at the very least a bit more information on your own military before just brushing it off. Your father obviously doesn't represent the entire Spanish military, so do some research.

http://www.goarmy.com/
    http://www.marines.com/home

go to the above, find the recruiter contact info stuff, ask your questions there. They will probably tell you what you have been told here, but more up to date and relevant. Perhaps they have a method for you to get in there, but I know experienced and qualified Australian combat soldiers who have not been able to join the US military. So your chances are fairly slim in my opinion. However, ask the recruiters and if you dont like their answers - thats a bit of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggi_Horse View Post
    Be grateful that your country has military. I'm Icelandic and there is not military service here

Hottest chicks in the world make up for that.

For sources refer to my Avatar.

Suspended for infractions Anthony91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kombattant View Post
    Hottest chicks in the world make up for that.

For sources refer to my Avatar.
    She looks like an older duck-faced Miley Cyrus.

I wanted (still want to if i can) to join the Rangers and i looked into it spoke to a US Army recruiter and was told i needed a green card something impossible to get......

Quote Originally Posted by Carbean View Post
    I wanted (still want to if i can) to join the Rangers and i looked into it spoke to a US Army recruiter and was told i needed a green card something impossible to get......
    Actually you need to be a US Citizen to become an Army Ranger (RASP contract), because everyone in Regiment needs to be eligible for Secret level security clearance. The primary prerequisite for obtaining a security clearance is American citizenship.

raem, I've sent you a pm (in Spanish). The odds are really against you, but I've got some recommendations that could better the odds a bit.

Banned user

Since I'm not here to judge you or want to know what your motivation is, I'll just go along and answer your list of questions.

Aside from being a Refugee or seeking an asylum, the only way for someone around your age group to be qualified for a green card is to enter the lottery which is conducted by the U.S. Department of State, or to marry a US Citizen or a Green Card holder which will qualify yourself into receiving one. See more here: Source

Before entering the military, all recruits must take the ASVAB test which will determine which roles in the military you will be qualified for. The test involves questions about Math, Science, English...etc. However, I recommend you be very proficient with math, especially with Algebra and Geometry, and English, since these two are usually the two most important. Just remember that since you only have a Green Card, you will be restricted from MOS which will requires secret clearance. Once you become a US Citizen, this restriction will be removed.

Depending on whether you're married or not, if you are a single Soldier, you must live on base in a barrack accompanying by other soldiers, unless you're an NCO E-4 or higher I believe. Married soldier on the other hand must live off-base such as in a military housing and you will also be issued an allowance (BAH) to help pay for bills and other costs.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Why people just critic instead of help?
    You've got all the info you need in this thread. You need a green card. Green card is hard to get.

This is not a troll topic, If you think Hitler was stopping just conquering France, you are wrong, these man was probably totally crazy, he wasn´t stoping till he conquered all Europe. Anyway, I dont want to discuss about Hitler, I JUST WANT TO JOIN THE US ARMY.
    Yelling, very mature.

Thanks to people that helps me, so i am not still sure about what should I study and how to get the green card. By lottery?
    The lottery is a lottery, especially for your part of the word. You've got as much chance of winning the euro lottery and being able to get an economic visa into the US.

15 but more mature than +18 people
    No you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony91 View Post
    She looks like an older duck-faced Miley Cyrus.

That picture does not do justice to her, search Unnur Birna Vilhjálmsdóttir, she was crowned Miss World 2005.

Hi Guys

I'm looking for advice on joining the Marines. First of all I am a South African but I do have have an American citizenship. It's been really difficult to get information over here, speaking to the embassies and searching the internet. Is it possible for me to contact a recruiter via email?

Brandon