Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345678910111353 ... LastLast

Thread: US Military as a foreigner.

Default Canadian wants to join US forces

I`ve been looking for info about U.S. foreign recruiting but cant find any good info. tried marines.com but its not enough. I was planning to go infantry here in canada, i applied and so did my brother and it takes over a year before you go to basic in most cases for this trade because it`s always full/closed due to poor funding.Now i want to go marines or Army either would be great , i have my grade 11, been lifting weights for 4 years and i`m 19. The mental or physical aspect doesnt worry me at all and my dad was army 25 years and what happened to him makes me frown on canadian politics/forces in short he had 2x brain aneuryzms* typo while serving and they covered it up . I would go to the us embassy but its about 2hrs away and i work and they would probably refer me elsewheres so i thought someone here would know something.

any help would be nice thx

I'm in the same boat as you.
    I called the US Embassy who referred me to the US State Dept who reffered me to a recruiter who referred me to the USINS website.
    I'm getting tons of info soon though so I'll hook you up if need be.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

It's gonna be very hard for you to obtain a residential status here in US now, you'll have to go through the immigration process which is very, very long. I suggest you find a woman with an American citizenship that will marry you, this way she can sponsor you and you'll get your green card much quicker. Anyway, best of luck.

If your box is green, you might have a yeast infection. -MrSkorotsnoy

Im just going to wait it out and join the Canadian army, it wouldnt feel right with any other flag then the Canadian flag on my shoulder.

I remember serving with guys that didn't have their citizenship... is it too difficult to just get a green card?
    Last edited by digrar; 01-10-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyringo
    I remember serving with guys that didn't have their citizenship... is it too difficult to just get a green card?

Must have at least green card to service in the US military... and yes, it is damn difficult to obtain one nowdays... I got mine through my father, he's a US citizen, I'm going to swear for my citizenship next year.

This is what I found at marines.com in the f.a.q.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently live outside the US. My address information cannot be entered into the registration fields on the Web site. Can I still join the Marines?
    If you are a United States citizen or Resident Alien and meet other eligibility requirements, you can join the Marines. Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for more information.

I am not a citizen of the United States, but I would still like to be in the Marines. Is this possible?
    In most cases you must be a United States citizen or resident alien to join the Marines. Upon establishing permanent legal residence in the U.S., you should address specific questions regarding your enlistment to your local Marine Corps recruiter. President Bush is currently promoting legislation that will help naturalization of foreign members of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Not the first time i hear someone wanting to join us forces. Maybe it is time for a us foreign legion?

From what I've heard so long as your in the process of getting a Green Card you can join.

Banned user/ Numpty

Quote Originally Posted by radon
    Not the first time i hear someone wanting to join us forces. Maybe it is time for a us foreign legion?
    We already have a lot of foreign-born Americans serving in our armed forces for a longggg timee now. They don't call Americas a melting pot for nothing.

I served with Native Americans that caught gaming checks as well as N/A that didn't and all of them served with PRIDE... They deserve every penny they get...

Personally I've never heard of a case like that before. You should definately get ahold of a new recruiter and give it a second chance.
    As far as I know you dont need any voluntary firefighting or drivers course, Im pretty sure that probably has to do with the regiment you were planning on joining.

Actually we are quite capable of defending ourselves (p.s. can I borrow a battery for my CF-18? )

Besides its not the quantity of soldiers its the quality, everyone I've ever asked about the good old Canadian military said they were to be respected by allies and feared by enemies
    You should be proud of your nationality and where you are from, you are Canadian who lives in Canada, serve your country with pride.
    papasmerf....I couldnt say it better myself.

Go Brits, or Aussies. I presume you're a Canadian citizen, which means you're a member of the commonwealth. Therefore it's a lot easier for you to join a commonwealth army. And if you join the Paras, Royal Marines, or 4 RAR under their Spec For recruiting program. Well there's your high Op Tempo.

Of course there is allways the French Foreign Legion. France couldn't give two shakes about what happens with the Legion.

Finally, and this is pure speculation. With the Op Tempo the US has been, and will be having for the next few years atleast, guys are not going to be reenlisting. Which means if they don't allready have one they'll soon be having manpower shortages. And if you see where I'm going the Recruiters won't be as **** about INS pre-requisites. And if you've got the sense ensure you get a Ranger Contract with OSUT.

Or you could just go Brits. But if you're smart go Aussie. It's just like Canada, except it's warm. And don't forget about the Aussie chicks. But what do I know?

trying to be celibate
    Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

Quote Originally Posted by enderr
    Go Brits, or Aussies. I presume you're a Canadian citizen, which means you're a member of the commonwealth. Therefore it's a lot easier for you to join a commonwealth army. And if you join the Paras, Royal Marines, or 4 RAR under their Spec For recruiting program. Well there's your high Op Tempo.

Of course there is allways the French Foreign Legion. France couldn't give two shakes about what happens with the Legion.

Finally, and this is pure speculation. With the Op Tempo the US has been, and will be having for the next few years atleast, guys are not going to be reenlisting. Which means if they don't allready have one they'll soon be having manpower shortages. And if you see where I'm going the Recruiters won't be as **** about INS pre-requisites. And if you've got the sense ensure you get a Ranger Contract with OSUT.

Or you could just go Brits. But if you're smart go Aussie. It's just like Canada, except it's warm. And don't forget about the Aussie chicks. But what do I know?
    Emmigrate to Canada and send prisoners to Australia? Hmmmm