Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223242526272829303272 ... LastLast

Thread: US Military as a foreigner.

I have dual polish and canadian citizenship, now with the whole eu thing not sure how easy it would be for me to enlist into the british forces..

Default Re: Canadians and the USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Brozozo
    Hopefully someone skilled in US Immigration policy can help me with this one...

I've got a younger cousin (17) who has his heart set on enlisting in the USMC. Unfortunately for him he lives in Canada and has Canadian citizenship but not US. He also does not have any relatives living in the US or who are citizens. I've been trying to help him find info on how he can immigrate into the US and join the Marines next summer. I've combed through INS sites and just ended up getting lost in the mountains of policy information present. Neither one of us had time to contact the US Consulate yet so I'm posing my question to the forum members here.

What steps should he take in order to recieve a Green Card and eligibility to join the USMC?
    Why dosn't the boy join the Royal Marines in the UK???
    http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/141.html

He would have no problems what so ever if he is a Canadian citizen.

[*******red]Nationality and Residence

To be Eligible for entry into the Royal Navy as a Royal Marine you must:
    At all times since birth have been a citizen of Britain, Ireland or a Commonwealth country.

Have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years immediately prior to making an application. In certain circumstances, in particular if you are of UK origin, a shorter period of residency may be accepted.
    You will be subject to a detailed security clearance procedure prior to joining. [/color]
    http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/2666.html

I dont know, I have not nothing against the US Armed Forces but as a Canadian I feal that loyalty is to be served to Canada then the Commonwealth!

Tell him to become a Royal Marine Commando. I bet it'll be a good go and harder then the USMC.

Plus remember!

[*******red]USMC are Born and Paid to Die!

Canadians are Born and Paid to Fight and Make the other Sucker Die for his Country![/color]

Sorry Trigger Puller!

But I think the boy should go Marine Commando!

^^
    Agreed.

That's what I meant.

I think the idea of relying on the US for defence is pathetic. I wouldn't be too surprised or angry if the US was as enthusiastic about defending Canada as we were to join the War in Iraq.

I dont know, I have not nothing against the US Armed Forces but as a Canadian I feal that loyalty is to be served to Canada then the Commonwealth!
    So I should join the Nigerian or Pakistani Army before I join the US Military?

I always wanted to grow up and be Hugh Hefner.
    Ron Jeremy for me.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

You're my favorite hedgehog.

I agree with Joe, although you may not like the way the CF is being run; you should serve in your own Armed Forces. I'd never serve anywhere but the Canadian Armed Forces, if I lived in England, Australia then I'd serve there.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe
    Chicks dig me.
    we know, they do. Thats why you are the moderator.

Yeah, it's that bad. Analysts estimate it would take a 50% increase in defense budget to maintain the CF at their current level on a durable basis. We're not even talking about improvement yet.

And to top it off, a recent survey shows roughly 70% of the population thinks that the defense budget should either stay the same or be further diminished...Is it just me, or is there no light at the end of this one?

As I said, I think CF soldiers are fine professionals. The way this country treats them turn me right off, and so do the professional development prospects.

About your offer, I'll pass. Good morals are still a requirement to be a respectable soldier. Now, if the army ever learns I've been around you guys, much worse work for you, I can kiss my career goodbye...

Its all those pansy ass hippies from the States (no offense) that came over the border in the 60's. They're voting for those liberal douchebags, I say. You can have'em back, or someone can have'em back; cuz we seriously don't need them.

Default Re: Canadians and the USMC

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    Tell him to become a Royal Marine Commando. I bet it'll be a good go and harder then the USMC.

Plus remember!

[*******red]USMC are Born and Paid to Die![/color]
    wtf is this?

Banned user

You want the oppourtunity to do your job? You want to be deployed overseas when there is a war (and when there is not)? You want to be a warrior? You want specialized and high-tech gear?
    Try out for JTF-2 if you think your good enough.

Why foreign nationals (or non-residents) aren't allowed to serve in the American armed forces (or the military of other nations) is a mixture of military and international law, security and public relations concerns. Its a widely debated and contenous issue whether foreign nationals serving captured in war time would be protected by the Geneva Convention and other statutes.

Citizens of Commonwealth nations are allowed to serve in the British armed forces (at enlisted ranks in certain trades only - not officers if I remember correctly) is because the Commonwealth is an internationally ratified organisation and all countries within it have the same nominal head of state - the Queen.

I have met plenty of Canucks, Aussies and Kiwis in the service of, or on secondment to the British Army. Not sure how our Air Force or Navy friends deal with Commonwealth recruits though.