Thread: Fragmentation Ammo

Default Fragmentation Ammo

I've become very interested in this type of ammo as of lately. Just bought a small blister pack of Extreme Shock's EPR in .38 special for testing.
    I do not mean DRT or Fiocchi frangible ammo but ammo designed to fragment inside soft, watery mediums. Glaser Safety Slug have been around for a long time, I've got a few in Silver but are still too light for me for social work; great rounds for trapping though.
    Anybody else have any experience with them? They are awfully fun blowing up water jugs with.
    Here is a good example of what a frag bullet in .50 BMG can do (and not overpenetrate).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEdKw...eature=related

Looks like something from "Lamas" and or RBCD......Good luck....

If you're testing the ammo perhaps a penetration test, boxoftruth style?

Human rights organizations will go bananas over this

I had some extreme shock .223 100gr sub-sonic rounds. They were made to work and cycle in suppressed ARs. The rounds fired through a suppressed AR sounded almost the same as high velocity .223/5.56 rounds...maybe a tad bit quieter, but I could barely notice. That being said, they didn't go very far as most sub sonic rounds don't.

I did use them on live animals. My neighbor and his family had some cats. He lost all of his vision some years back and his family left him. So the end result was cats breeding in mass and causing problems on my property by getting in the dog food and trash. The best way to regulate the now wild domestic cat population was to hunt them at night, while not making alot of noise and waking up my neighbors. They work...pretty well. It defiantly got the job done.

The big issue I have with them is that the bullets weren't held tightly in the case. I had several rounds in which the projectile was stuck in the barrel when I unloaded the AR. I had gun powder all in my lower. The projectile was somewhat easy to extract by using a cleaning rod, but defiantly a hassle and not work the cost of the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanleu2002 View Post
    Looks like something from "Lamas" and or RBCD......Good luck....
    Nothing like RBCD.
    Their "blended metal" bullets are nothing more then a lead core over a nylon/polymer ball.
    A very light bullet makes for very fast speeds, the energy dump is massive though.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioSquid View Post
    If you're testing the ammo perhaps a penetration test, boxoftruth style?
    I haven't seen them test the EPR round yet and water jugs are about as high tech as I get so something along the lines of them.
    Here is a good idea of what they do to living flesh though.
    http://www.gunblast.com/ExtremeShock.htm

Quote Originally Posted by flanker7 View Post
    Human rights organizations will go bananas over this
    Apparently this ammo should have the opposite affect. You can shoot a gunman in a crowd of people and have a limited penetration ability that can damage bystanders (although based off that video they would get a nice shower).

I take 40 boxes to go plz, and a [SIZE=2]Accuracy International AW-5 to shoot it with [/SIZE]