Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115

Thread: The Green Mountain Rangers (Airsoft)

  1. #1
    Member Bradles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    808

    Default The Green Mountain Rangers (Airsoft)

    My god....

    The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkPvraqd ... re=related

    The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0YEHQ65_HY

    The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSuOwFmy ... re=related

    The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiDjX4cb ... re=related

    What you think?

  2. #2
    Recycled Material Maine Finn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Adrift Downeast
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad01 View Post
    What you think?
    What I think? Well. Simply put, it's 'wow'.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Squeezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    6
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    They're meh. Back when they started up they were legit, but lately I heard there have been a lot of inter-team problems. Also, in the last few years they have gained a bad rep for cheating and acting arrogant to everyone else. A friend of mine said at BFT a few years back a verbal argument about hit calling almost went physical...
    Last edited by Squeezee; 08-14-2011 at 06:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member custodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Save the world, off a shrink.
    Posts
    11,495

    Default

    I think they need a new name.

  5. #5
    Member Bradles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeezee View Post
    They're meh. Back when they started up they were legit, but lately I heard there have been a lot of inter-team problems. Also, in the last few years they have gained a bad rep for cheating and acting arrogant to everyone else. A friend of mine said at BFT a few years back a verbal argument about hit calling almost went physical...

    Serious? I just stumbled upon them on Youtube so dont know a whole lot. Having said that I was impressed by there teamwork and tactics etc. The only thing that stood out in the clips was the cockyness of their "Team Leader" lol, he didnt like his fellow team mate standing INFRONT of him lol at 6:40:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/HighRead.../8/5612mBhl6DU

  6. #6
    Senior Member Squeezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    6
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad01 View Post
    Serious? I just stumbled upon them on Youtube so dont know a whole lot. Having said that I was impressed by there teamwork and tactics etc. The only thing that stood out in the clips was the cockyness of their "Team Leader" lol, he didnt like his fellow team mate standing INFRONT of him lol at 6:40:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/HighRead.../8/5612mBhl6DU
    That is what I have heard from various players in the New England area. They work great as a team and have good tactics but I've heard bad things about their honesty and willingness to call hits.

    Take a look at the comments on some of their other vids.

  7. #7

    Default

    I play airsoft in the New England Area (just got home from an event right now lol) and we have a few guys who talk to them. I also checked out GMR's forums, they seem nice enough there, but keep in mind I haven't heard anything about them since 2010. I'm gonna talk to some guys to see if they know anything.

  8. #8
    Hunter of Wannabes Blasphemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the Kennels.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    730

    Default

    having played with and against them since 2006 I can tell you the OLD GMR were a great bunch of guys and seriously changed the face of airsoft in the Northeast, teams had to really step up to even compete with them, fast forward to 2010 and Ronin and his little gang have had multiple issues with them not calling hits, out right cheating and attitude on and off the field, they didn't even attend Pine Plains 5 this year and only blackjack was there as a TAC (former team leader). The team seems to have disappeared in the last year, they did revamp there website but there forums are hardly active.

    these guys hardly rate there own thread and don't be fooled by all the gear, there main tactic is simple...zerg a room with as many guys inside as can fit as quickly as possible, in all that noise and confusion its hard to tell who's hit, and the fact all that gear blocks any sense of feeling it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Squeezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    6
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    these guys hardly rate there own thread and don't be fooled by all the gear, there main tactic is simple...zerg a room with as many guys inside as can fit as quickly as possible, in all that noise and confusion its hard to tell who's hit, and the fact all that gear blocks any sense of feeling it.
    Yes but unfortunately this tactic works wonders in airsoft since A. nobody wants to sit there and argue with a bunch of douches and B. nobody wants to get shot repeatedly in a CQB situation.

    How was OPP5 anyway?

  10. #10
    Suspended for infractions Anthony91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    15,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    in all that noise and confusion its hard to tell who's hit, and the fact all that gear blocks any sense of feeling it.
    Out here in the Pacific Northwest, we hunt each other down in nothing but bear fur, plastic knives, and Starbucks in our canteens. New England Pussies.

    But anyways, that is an absurdly horrid amount of kit those players are using. It would take the fun out of the game completely if I had to lug around so much unneeded stuff.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Death.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,587

    Default

    Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll Pretty bro-cool.

  12. #12
    Member Bradles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Just out of curiosity, is there any other teams that perform similiar? In the Airsoft world..

  13. #13
    Senior Member dacanadianbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    RIP Leslie Nielsen and Stompin Tom Connors
    Posts
    3,636

    Default

    Nice shooting without glasses on that last vid, that sets an excellent safety example.

  14. #14
    Hunter of Wannabes Blasphemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the Kennels.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    730

    Default

    the rules at OPP are FULL SEAL GOGGLES ONLY, this video is further proof how "above the rules" GMR thinks they are.

    squee, OPP5 was awesome, Alpha lost by a bunch of but definitely the hardest airsoft game i've ever played.

  15. #15
    Ranga Kap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dacanadianbomb View Post
    Nice shooting without glasses on that last vid, that sets an excellent safety example.
    I would never even dream of shooting like that without minimum eye protection, I value my eyesight too much as it is.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •