Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Green Mountain Rangers (Airsoft)

Default The Green Mountain Rangers (Airsoft)

My god....

The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkPvraqd ... re=related

The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0YEHQ65_HY

The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSuOwFmy ... re=related

The Green Mountain Rangers : Operation Pine Plains 3 Airsoft Documentary Part 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiDjX4cb ... re=related

What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad01 View Post
    What you think?
    What I think? Well. Simply put, it's 'wow'.

They're meh. Back when they started up they were legit, but lately I heard there have been a lot of inter-team problems. Also, in the last few years they have gained a bad rep for cheating and acting arrogant to everyone else. A friend of mine said at BFT a few years back a verbal argument about hit calling almost went physical...
    Last edited by Squeezee; 08-14-2011 at 06:10 PM.

I think they need a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezee View Post
    They're meh. Back when they started up they were legit, but lately I heard there have been a lot of inter-team problems. Also, in the last few years they have gained a bad rep for cheating and acting arrogant to everyone else. A friend of mine said at BFT a few years back a verbal argument about hit calling almost went physical...

Serious? I just stumbled upon them on Youtube so dont know a whole lot. Having said that I was impressed by there teamwork and tactics etc. The only thing that stood out in the clips was the cockyness of their "Team Leader" lol, he didnt like his fellow team mate standing INFRONT of him lol at 6:40:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HighRead.../8/5612mBhl6DU

Quote Originally Posted by Brad01 View Post
    Serious? I just stumbled upon them on Youtube so dont know a whole lot. Having said that I was impressed by there teamwork and tactics etc. The only thing that stood out in the clips was the cockyness of their "Team Leader" lol, he didnt like his fellow team mate standing INFRONT of him lol at 6:40:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HighRead.../8/5612mBhl6DU
    That is what I have heard from various players in the New England area. They work great as a team and have good tactics but I've heard bad things about their honesty and willingness to call hits.

Take a look at the comments on some of their other vids.

I play airsoft in the New England Area (just got home from an event right now lol) and we have a few guys who talk to them. I also checked out GMR's forums, they seem nice enough there, but keep in mind I haven't heard anything about them since 2010. I'm gonna talk to some guys to see if they know anything.

having played with and against them since 2006 I can tell you the OLD GMR were a great bunch of guys and seriously changed the face of airsoft in the Northeast, teams had to really step up to even compete with them, fast forward to 2010 and Ronin and his little gang have had multiple issues with them not calling hits, out right cheating and attitude on and off the field, they didn't even attend Pine Plains 5 this year and only blackjack was there as a TAC (former team leader). The team seems to have disappeared in the last year, they did revamp there website but there forums are hardly active.

these guys hardly rate there own thread and don't be fooled by all the gear, there main tactic is simple...zerg a room with as many guys inside as can fit as quickly as possible, in all that noise and confusion its hard to tell who's hit, and the fact all that gear blocks any sense of feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    these guys hardly rate there own thread and don't be fooled by all the gear, there main tactic is simple...zerg a room with as many guys inside as can fit as quickly as possible, in all that noise and confusion its hard to tell who's hit, and the fact all that gear blocks any sense of feeling it.
    Yes but unfortunately this tactic works wonders in airsoft since A. nobody wants to sit there and argue with a bunch of douches and B. nobody wants to get shot repeatedly in a CQB situation.

How was OPP5 anyway?

Suspended for infractions Anthony91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    in all that noise and confusion its hard to tell who's hit, and the fact all that gear blocks any sense of feeling it.
    Out here in the Pacific Northwest, we hunt each other down in nothing but bear fur, plastic knives, and Starbucks in our canteens. New England Pussies.

But anyways, that is an absurdly horrid amount of kit those players are using. It would take the fun out of the game completely if I had to lug around so much unneeded stuff.

Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll Pretty bro-cool.

Just out of curiosity, is there any other teams that perform similiar? In the Airsoft world..

RIP Leslie Nielsen and Stompin Tom Connors

Nice shooting without glasses on that last vid, that sets an excellent safety example.

the rules at OPP are FULL SEAL GOGGLES ONLY, this video is further proof how "above the rules" GMR thinks they are.

squee, OPP5 was awesome, Alpha lost by a bunch of but definitely the hardest airsoft game i've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by dacanadianbomb View Post
    Nice shooting without glasses on that last vid, that sets an excellent safety example.
    I would never even dream of shooting like that without minimum eye protection, I value my eyesight too much as it is.