Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Green Mountain Rangers (Airsoft)

The Garlic Fields of Transylvania, Romania.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I think they need a new name.
    Cabbage Patch Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Connaught Ranger View Post
    Cabbage Patch Kids!
    i'll relay the message to them

RIP Leslie Nielsen and Stompin Tom Connors

Although I must admit, it is so typically airsoft when they packed up the collapsable ladder, and where going to awesomesauce assault over the top of a wall .
    Reach the wall and find they could also crawl under it. Well if it wasnt for the large amount of gear they had on.

Quote Originally Posted by dacanadianbomb View Post
    Although I must admit, it is so typically airsoft when they packed up the collapsable ladder, and where going to awesomesauce assault over the top of a wall .
    Reach the wall and find they could also crawl under it. Well if it wasnt for the large amount of gear they had on.
    Lolwut, they had a ladder? That's the gheyest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah, third vid I think it was , they packed up and strapped on a ladder to one dude.
    Im sure every experienced airsofter has had it that they packed something that was going to be a awesome thing to use, only to find out its application ended up being somewhat...limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad01 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there any other teams that perform similiar? In the Airsoft world..
    Yes, Stirling Airsoft in the UK, these guys are the **** when it comes to Airsoft and Tactics, they even have their own SAS Selection Course (with Ex-SAS Instructors) when it comes to getting new teammates.
    http://www.stirlingairsoft.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DaXXter View Post
    Yes, Stirling Airsoft in the UK, these guys are the **** when it comes to Airsoft and Tactics, they even have their own SAS Selection Course (with Ex-SAS Instructors) when it comes to getting new teammates.
    http://www.stirlingairsoft.com/
    well then it isn't an SAS Selection Course then is it? it's just another airsoft training course.

GMR used to be the team everyone else looked up too and the new players wanted to be, now there a bunch of elitist douchebags who no one wants to play with, it all started at Berget 2008 and went from there.....

Seem like douchey wannabes who think cool guy gear makes them better players. These are the kind of players I could see myself having problems with on a field.

The videos make them look really good. The airsoft "teams" in my area are mostly unorganized groups of kids who leave trash in the woods behind them. Personally I would probably do something like an Eastern Bloc/Soviet impression just to be different than everyone and their brother who is doing US/NATO SF or similar.

I'm curious, do airsoft games ever use those 6mm paintballs? I messed around with some kids a few times and they had the all plastic el-cheapo battery guns and they used the paintball bb's instead of solid plastic in order to recognize hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike 7.62 View Post
    I'm curious, do airsoft games ever use those 6mm paintballs? I messed around with some kids a few times and they had the all plastic el-cheapo battery guns and they used the paintball bb's instead of solid plastic in order to recognize hits.
    6mm paintballs have a strong tendency to break inside higher end weapons since they don't handle the velocity well, so not really.

Ahahaha! Grow some ballz and join the REAL military.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezee View Post
    6mm paintballs have a strong tendency to break inside higher end weapons since they don't handle the velocity well, so not really.
    That would explain it, thanks.

click, airsoft is a hobby, nothing more. A lot of vets are on airsoft teams and a lot of airsofters go on to serve in the military. And the rest have careers and families and lives. I'm a confederate Civil War re-enactor, would you suggest that I desert the Army and fight against it with my muzzle loader?

I know. I airsoft and I am a Marine (although, I havent sone it since joining) I just find it hard to accept so called "reenactors" of the current era. I have yet to deploy, but I have buddies who have deployed to combat zones, and know many more heading that way in the next year.

This is making light of the sacrifice we/they make to put on that uniform and do our nations dirty work. I erned the right to wear the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. I mean it seriously when I tell them to join their nations' military. Of course I think they look silly"reenacting", but I encourage the men of our nation to join. It is a great life experience and helps you cherish what you are fighting for in a very real sense and you make some lifelong friends.

I realize some have families, or are too old, but if you want to play airsoft, play. Dont reenact. Its a GAME. And if you must dress up (yes, I have reenacted WW2 and 11th Century Norman before as well so I understand reenacting too) Dont do it from the current time period. It is hard to put into words, but it seems like a slap in the face those who are now in danger. Reenact Vietnam or the cold war if you want to run around with an armalite. It isnt hard to have fun and get into a time period and enjoy the difference in play style.

Whatever. Im sure what Im saying is falling on deaf ears. The airsoft community is stuck in its ways and Im not changing it much/at all by posting here.

My $.02

I should grow some ballz ? You need to wind that neck in and not come in here like someone owes you something. Congratulations on passing boot , but **** you kid.

As for ex SAS trainers, if I had a euro for everytime someone had a training with a real ex SAS guy, I would be organising trainings with ex-SAS guys. There are only so many of them to go around.
    Im not saying Stirling is lieing, it is simply something that is frequently thrown around in the UK airsoft world, and I know people who have been screwed over in this regard ( NOT referring to Stirling airsoft!)
    Can anyone say Bob Spour?

As for most airsofters, any training they get from someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in using small unit tactics is usually better than anything the airsofters could think of on their own.

some of GMR are ex military, blackjack is Army airborne, 2 tours to Iraq, Ronin acts like he is military but the only thing he has is he is a firearms/tactics instructor for SIG, not sure on the rest, there roster keeps changing.