Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The evolution of H2O's bullpup M14

BDS Enhanced Dual Sling attached
    to the Magpul RSA and MSA.

At the rate you're going, that thing is going to weigh the same amount as a MK48.........

Never knew drum mags existed for M14s either...

What the jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo1-1 View Post
    At the rate you're going, that thing is going to weigh the same amount as a MK48.........

Never knew drum mags existed for M14s either...
    Close... Wiki says the MK48 is just over 18 lbs. empty and about 25 lbs. w/100 rounds.

According to XS-Products their X-14 drum mag weighs 4.9 lbs. loaded with 50 rounds.

The weight of my bullpup with optic and all of the accessories pictured above is just over
    14 lbs. empty (no mag in the receiver) and just under 19 lbs. w/50 rounds and the drum mag.

BTW,
    Dino Brunetti, the National Sales Director for JUGGERNAUT TACTICAL,INC. reluctantly admitted to me that JTac sales have sky rocketed
    and it's all due to my spreading the good word online with my positive reviews, detailed pictures, honest evaluations and practical modifications.
    It seems that I do a much better job of marketing their product than they have... that's why Dino sought me out in the first place.
    Understand that I receive no compensation from JTac for my hard work - nothing, but it is good to know my work is appreciated by the consumer.
    Last edited by H2O MAN; 02-21-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O MAN View Post
    OMFG LOL, Where does the Pizza Oven hook up to it?

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    OMFG LOL, Where does the Pizza Oven hook up to it?
    It does have two electrical outlets...

Close... Wiki says the MK48 is just over 18 lbs. empty and about 25 lbs. w/100 rounds.

According to XS-Products their X-14 drum mag weighs 4.9 lbs. loaded with 50 rounds.

The weight of my bullpup with optic and all of the accessories pictured above is just over
    14 lbs. empty (no mag in the receiver) and just under 19 lbs. w/50 rounds and the drum mag.

BTW,
    Dino Brunetti, the National Sales Director for JUGGERNAUT TACTICAL,INC. reluctantly admitted to me that JTac sales have sky rocketed
    and it's all due to my spreading the good word online with my positive reviews, detailed pictures, honest evaluations and practical modifications.
    It seems that I do a much better job of marketing their product than they have... that's why Dino sought me out in the first place.
    Understand that I receive no compensation from JTac for my hard work - nothing, but it is good to know my work is appreciated by the consumer.
    Wow, I was closer than I thought on the weight then lol.

From a subjective standpoint, I still prefer your other EBRs over this bullpup model though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo1-1 View Post
    Wow, I was closer than I thought on the weight then lol.

From a subjective standpoint, I still prefer your other EBRs over this bullpup model though.
    I have to agree with you there.
    The Rogue never made me want to give up my SAGE stocks as my salesman stated it would.
    I do like the bullpup conversion and I'm glad I have one, but the SAGE EBRs are lighter, much more practical and easier to use.
    Last edited by H2O MAN; 02-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.

double post. please delete.

Update:

It's been fun, but I no longer have a functional bullpup M14... I have removed the action and accessories,
    they have all been set aside for use in a new M14.CA Blackfeather stock that's heading my way from Canada.

I have decided to sell my modified #1Rogue stock to a friend... he will continue the evolution I started.

Last edited by H2O MAN; 03-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.

I have been asked about it's weight.

The basic kit weighs just over 6 pounds… that’s before you install a barreled action and accessories.
    A complete Scout barreled action weighs just under 6 pounds… a ***** Rogue will weigh 12 pounds and it only gets heavier from that point.

If you are considering buying a Rogue there are a few things you should know about it.

1. It's heavy... it's heavier than any of my SAGE EBRs and TROY MCS that I've owned.

2. The Rogue trigger uses a steel rod to reach back to the rifles trigger, you feel the added linkage and the rod rattles.

3. Mag changes require a 'reach around' technique that is cumbersome and slow.

4. Optics require additional height... I used a riser and a set of tall rings to get proper scope alignment.

5. Unlike the SAGE EBR, the Rogue chassis is not designed to enhance your rifles accuracy.

6. The Rogue conversion kit is expensive, expect to spend around $1k to get a basic kit.

Bottom line:

The Rogue is probably the best conversion kit currently available, but it could be better... it could be a lot lighter.

I'm not sad to see you get rid of it....and I don't mean that as a knock against you (as you do great write ups). The design of the frame/conversion may have appeared nice on paper, but just on what I've seen in what you've shared in implementation (with cost, actual design, weight, etc), this probably should have just stayed as a 'proof of concept.'