Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Australian Regiment Stomp for Support

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Exclamation Royal Australian Regiment Stomp for Support

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=287729051249734

All Ex serving and current members of the Royal Australian Regiment are called upon to dust of the boots and help raise funds and show support for our troops serving overseas.

Stomp to Support the Troops,

When you're overseas, No matter where you go, No matter what you face know that there is a Strong Band of Brothers that will get your back regardless of Current political party or what the latest headline is, We will always have you forefront of mind and will support you the best we can.

DUTY FIRST.

General information

Current and Ex members of the Royal Australian Regiment will marching distances ranging from 10KM's to 32KM's in different locations across Australia please come out and meet the guys and cheer them across the line while donating some coins to the great cause that is Legacy.

Time
    Thursday, 26 January 2012 06:00 - 09:00
    At this point in time (and I don't see it changing this time) the stomp is for current and former members of the Royal Australian Regiment.

Spread the word.

"I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Anyone who feels like throwing some coin at a mob of old blokes working up a thirst, some blisters and sore backs on Australia Day 2012, please feel free to help out. http://www.everydayhero.com.au/RARbuddiesstomp

Nice find Dig, but the Facebook link is broken.

I'm thinking it might be because it's a private event, RAR only. Sign up to RAR buddies on facebook.

ANZAC Moderator Ngati Tumatauenga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    At this point in time (and I don't see it changing this time) the stomp is for current and former members of the Royal Australian Regiment.
    To include affiliated Regiments?

The boys haven't done this before and they're pretty paranoid about legal implications of walking as a group out in public, or of an old bloke going t[*******#000000]i[/COLOR]ts up during the event, or of a certain rabble raising religious figure (who is currently kicking up a fuss against the ADF) protesting the event. So they're keeping it to the boys they trust.

ANZAC Moderator Ngati Tumatauenga's Avatar

Legal implications? Meh...

I seem to remember a situation like this once upon a time.

Statesman: My good king! My good king! The oracle has spoken. The Ephors have spoken. There must be no march!
    Theron: It is the law, my lord. The Spartan army must not go to war.
    King Leonidas: Nor shall it. I've given no such orders. I'm here, just taking a stroll, stretching my legs...
    [pauses and looks back]
    King Leonidas: These 300 men are my personal bodyguard.

Haha, I'm of the same opinion, but the guys organising it are keen to have it go smoothly, so they're playing the game. I'd go for the it's easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission scheme myself.

I'v joined the facebook site and will make effort to do march.I'm passing the word around.

Total is up to $5700 with another $1500 or so in pledges to come through. We're hoping the shirts will raise +$4000 as well.

There is also a white supporters shirt that will be available through pimps and mercs.

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

Great cause Dig, as you know I work very closely with Legacy. I had the honour of attending last weeks dinner with the current 2 CDO commander, WO 2nd Class who is the first recipient of the Star of Gallantry and also a Sgt of the helo crash in Kandahar 2010. Fantastic bunch of blokes, humble doesn't even to begin to describe them.

Just a shame that non RAR members can't be involved but I completely understand the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    WO 2nd Class y
    Just a WO2 (Whoa two) mate, they're not real big on being called second class...

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digrar View Post
    Just a WO2 (Whoa two) mate, they're not real big on being called second class...
    My other mate is in Intelligence for years, I love calling him second class although he generally kicks may ass when I do - now I know why.

http://pimpsnmercs.com/pages/shop/ra...porters-shirt/

Supporters shirts now available at pimps and mercs. I'm pretty sure $6 from each shirt is going to Legacy.

I may be across the ditch for some meetings about then give or take a week.

Great idea. Awesome tshirt