Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a bump fire stock legal?

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

Default Is a bump fire stock legal?

Yes. They are stupid, but federally legal.

Yea we had a discussion on this type of stocks long time ago.
    AFAIK the ATF has strict regulations and procedures on categorizing what is "legal". Since the stock has nothing to do with the FCG it seems to be legal and stocks have been certified as such.

http://militarygunsupply.com/index.p...oducts_id=1082

The thing is, this one (your video) is home made and not been reviewed by the ATF... so i wouldnt say its "legal" in the true sense

You can bump fire on a regular stock too. I would not waste the money on it.

It looks like with practice (as with anything) he could control bursts and be fairly accurate, add a drum...

Quote Originally Posted by beNder View Post
    It looks like with practice (as with anything) he could control bursts and be fairly accurate, add a drum...

out side of sh.it and giggles, why? Maybe for the same reason some guys get inflatable love dolls, they can not afford the read thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    out side of sh.it and giggles, why? Maybe for the same reason some guys get inflatable love dolls, they can not afford the read thing?
    I'm thinking more in the line of some nutter acquiring one, making it an automatic weapon.

But its NOT an automatic weapon, believe it or not for each shot you saw the trigger had to be pulled each shot. you could get that fast with any Semi Auto with some practice.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by beNder View Post
    I'm thinking more in the line of some nutter acquiring one, making it an automatic weapon.

Answer
    Quote Originally Posted by LD2 temp View Post
    But its NOT an automatic weapon, believe it or not for each shot you saw the trigger had to be pulled each shot. you could get that fast with any Semi Auto with some practice.
    A nutter would probably be the least of my concerns using one of these.

You guys are trying to be too rational or over-analyzing something like this....IT is just PLAIN FUN!! Geezz get a grip. I bought one of the Slide Fire stock and it is a hoot....you burn up a lot of ammo, but so what! I went out today and met up with a buddy and he has a bump fire stock and I had my select-fire M16....I played with his bump fire about as much as I played with my M16. We burned through about 500-600 rounds doing both semi and full auto drills. Geez, I swear some of you have your underwear too tight around your nuts or something.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by HK in AK View Post
    You guys are trying to be too rational or over-analyzing something like this....IT is just PLAIN FUN!! Geezz get a grip. I bought one of the Slide Fire stock and it is a hoot....you burn up a lot of ammo, but so what! I went out today and met up with a buddy and he has a bump fire stock and I had my select-fire M16....I played with his bump fire about as much as I played with my M16. We burned through about 500-600 rounds doing both semi and full auto drills. Geez, I swear some of you have your underwear too tight around your nuts or something.
    I have select fire nutz...

That is the drawback to full auto, your ammo bill. It took me four before I came to grips with it. I actually like my DD better than my MG's because of it.

Meh, I guess I'm not that interested in Paying for ammo to spray it everywhere. Got that out of my system as a Machinegunner 25 years ago and a Weapons Squad leader

I take mine out (full autos) and have a range day, but most of my time is spent with precision rifles. There is just something about calling a shot and hitting it at distance. The only problem I have is to find areas to shoot that are controllable (open space) and give me the range I need (1,000+ meters).

Edit: Plus, my ammo is a business expense!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK in AK View Post

Edit: Plus, my ammo is a business expense!!
    I hate you