Thread: Syrian Uprising - Photos & Videos - no discussion, no conversation

Documentary film Russian TV (with english subtitles)
    Syrian Diary. Film Anastasia Popova (She is a journalist of Russian state TV in Syria and recently was honoured with the Medal “For Courage” in Russia)
    Warning:graphic

youtube.com/watch?v=JWUjgSmrN7Y
    Last edited by ImpNavigator; 12-31-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Bomba, I think those claims against Al Assad are right, he was/is a monster. Now the FSA and friends, are their hands clean? For those whose hands are not clean, they are the ones who raises doubts about the FSA. Their actions have given them the same title as Assad, terrorist.

FSA needs to control all of the anti-Assad forces and enforce the rules of warfare.
    I think the problem and danger for any Regime with this civil wars is that it is all about revenge. The Regime starts shooting its own people and the downward spiral begins with relatives and friends picking up weapons to get justice. The more force these Regimes use the more radicalised the opposition becomes. Its hard to get control over people that will not stop before they revenged their mother, brother, childs....
    As long as Assad will not spare the civilians he will be definitely on the loosing side because every shell or bomb dropped on civilians will recruit more people for the FSA and the radical groups in Syria.
    Will the FSA be able to unite all of those groups and fight like a regular Army? I don´t think that will happen before this war ends. Are there acts of terror happening in Syria? Well for us obviously on both sides but i think the people in Syria don´t see their actions as terrorism but more as an eye for an eye. So i think before the opposition can unite and enforce any rules of warfare they would need the see the things with our eyes but then again what are you going to say to a father who is digging out his family from the rubbles of his house.

MiG-23BN over Deir ez-Zor

Government's artillery, looks like 130-mm M-46

Syrian general meets with troops.

SAA BMP

FSA PK gunner outside the Meng airbase

Senior Member Kaiser Prussotroll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImpNavigator View Post
    Syrian Diary. Film Anastasia Popova (She is a journalist of Russian state TV in Syria and recently was honoured with the Medal “For Courage” in Russia)

Holy piece of propaganda.

Göbbels would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpNavigator View Post

Very interesting footage. Cheers mate.

The problem that the regime is putting all strategy food in military basses and they are targeting all barkeres so even if he left the area and deliver it to the FSA he will put the opposition in bad situation and they have to find solutions for food problems

Omar, how is the siege of Aleppo international airport going? I heard it was shut down by the regime and even unconfirmed reports that regime forces retreated but I heard nothing after that?

Default fsa in aleppo

[IMG]http://oi45.*******.com/4i0951.jpg[/IMG]

you better take your cat and leave this place kid....

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/2h3sevo.jpg[/IMG]

give me the bullets you waster, i'll show them jamels who the boss is

[IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/1dwk0.jpg[/IMG]

allahu ekberrrr yer *****es,...allaaahuu ekberrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyjim View Post
    FSA scouts planning their next attack, one seems to get shot by Syrian military sniper in the lower back, notice one of them has western desert camouflage! Can anyone identify please?[/video]
    The old desert six colors US camo is one of the most used in arab armies, most of these patterns are asian made and the rest are locally produced. Used by libya, egypt, iraq, gulf states, yemen, etc...

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Flt.Sgt.Frantisek View Post
    The deliberate targeting of civilians or the reckless waging of war in civilian areas are both war crimes and we know that the Assad regime does both. whether that is the case in this video is moot. the Syrian airforce has shown no ability to target anything ..it seems to simply unload bombs by district. So arguably criminal and militarily fairly useless.
    Excuse me, but what do you expect the Syrian Army/Police to do when armed militants start to infiltrate and occupy cities? Simply shrug their shoulders, put away their weapons and surrender/run away?

I am pretty sure the Syrian Army would love to avoid armed conflict in the cities (they are fighting in their own country after all) and combat the FSA in empty rural areas. However, it is the FSA that is choosing to engage the Syrian Army while hiding in civilian-populated areas, so they bear the majority of the responsibility for civilian casualties and collateral damage.

Besides, "All is fair in love and war".

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    I think the problem and danger for any Regime with this civil wars is that it is all about revenge. The Regime starts shooting its own people and the downward spiral begins with relatives and friends picking up weapons to get justice. The more force these Regimes use the more radicalised the opposition becomes. Its hard to get control over people that will not stop before they revenged their mother, brother, childs....
    As long as Assad will not spare the civilians he will be definitely on the loosing side because every shell or bomb dropped on civilians will recruit more people for the FSA and the radical groups in Syria.
    Will the FSA be able to unite all of those groups and fight like a regular Army? I don´t think that will happen before this war ends. Are there acts of terror happening in Syria? Well for us obviously on both sides but i think the people in Syria don´t see their actions as terrorism but more as an eye for an eye. So i think before the opposition can unite and enforce any rules of warfare they would need the see the things with our eyes but then again what are you going to say to a father who is digging out his family from the rubbles of his house.

I agree

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Excuse me, but what do you expect the Syrian Army/Police to do when armed militants start to infiltrate and occupy cities? Simply shrug their shoulders, put away their weapons and surrender/run away?

I am pretty sure the Syrian Army would love to avoid armed conflict in the cities (they are fighting in their own country after all) and combat the FSA in empty rural areas. However, it is the FSA that is choosing to engage the Syrian Army while hiding in civilian-populated areas, so they bear the majority of the responsibility for civilian casualties and collateral damage.

Besides, "All is fair in love and war".

What is the country talking about you?!

A year and a half Syrian revolution was peaceful without a one bullet by the people. Assad and his regime fascist response to the peaceful demonstrations by bullets and tanks ، reads Yours reply Almost feel your description of peaceful regime's army like the Swiss or Swedish army on a peace mission ! 60000 killed by the fascist army of regime And you talk about Army to defend himself! Do not you see criminal bombardment by barrels Stuffed with explosives Do not you see the using of sarin gas in the city of Homs A tremendous war crimes committed The regime soldiers photographed On their mobiles watched the world ?

WTF am I doing with my life? Token White Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Prussotroll View Post
    Holy piece of propaganda.

Göbbels would be proud.
    The Jews and US are always to be blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Token White Guy View Post
    The Jews and US are always to be blamed.
    And FSA, like the Mujahedin of the 80s are peace-loving angels, not.
    Sad truth: both sides are baddies. on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bomba View Post
    A year and a half Syrian revolution was peaceful without a one bullet by the people. Assad and his regime fascist response to the peaceful demonstrations by bullets and tanks ، reads Yours reply Almost feel your description of peaceful regime's army like the Swiss or Swedish army on a peace mission ! 60000 killed by the fascist army of regime And you talk about Army to defend himself! Do not you see criminal bombardment by barrels Stuffed with explosives Do not you see the using of sarin gas in the city of Homs A tremendous war crimes committed The regime soldiers photographed On their mobiles watched the world ?
    Just because the regime is bad, it doesn't mean those who oppose it are necessarily better (for the average Syrian or the minorities there). They're not. Look for their funding and see what exactly their sponsors' moral fiber is all about... it's a proxy war and Syrians loose in both cases.