Thread: Syrian Uprising - Photos & Videos - no discussion, no conversation

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Leaper View Post
    Don't do that in this thread please. People have flipped for less before and ruined fine threads.
    That derogatory term could be used as an equivalent to 'dude' or 'bloke' in some communities across the US. You even have some white kids and latinos referring to each other as nigg*s so go figure. So for example 'u mah n*gga?' translates to 'Are you with me?' or 'Can I depend on you?'. So no offense to African Americans is implied really. Although white folks need to be careful throwing that around

I wonder how all these tank losses (which seem to be fairly substantial) are going to effect Syrian Army doctrine in the future, assuming Assad's regime survives this anyway. Maybe Syrian army will stop having ~4,000 mostly obsolete MBT's and focus on building up some small numbers of T-90's/Modern T-72's, as most of Syria's T-72's are the same export variant (T-72M/M1's) which got blasted in 1991 Gulf War. Or maybe Assad will send in more T-62's to the slaughterhouse next revolt and/or against IDF or Turkey. Either wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletForTheBear View Post
    Really? Are you sure? No VBIED ever used by Sunni terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by EITAN88 View Post
    Suicide car/truck bombings used to be a unique Hizbollah M.O... look how far we've come
    Did you notice this part?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by BulletForTheBear View Post
    That derogatory term could be used as an equivalent to 'dude' or 'bloke' in some communities across the US. You even have some white kids and latinos referring to each other as nigg*s so go figure. So for example 'u mah n*gga?' translates to 'Are you with me?' or 'Can I depend on you?'. So no offense to African Americans is implied really. Although white folks need to be careful throwing that around
    its pretty prevalent in north america among youth and even older ppl regardless of their socio economic statue

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    I wonder how all these tank losses (which seem to be fairly substantial) are going to effect Syrian Army doctrine in the future, assuming Assad's regime survives this anyway. Maybe Syrian army will stop having ~4,000 mostly obsolete MBT's and focus on building up some small numbers of T-90's/Modern T-72's, as most of Syria's T-72's are the same export variant (T-72M/M1's) which got blasted in 1991 Gulf War. Or maybe Assad will send in more T-62's to the slaughterhouse next revolt and/or against IDF or Turkey. Either wouldn't surprise me.
    You can achieve objectives with ~4000 old MBTs in a conventional war if you use proper tactics. The Russians for example were able to defeat Georgians relatively quickly in 2008 with pretty much obsolete hardware by employing good old Soviet tactics meant to achieve strategic superiority on the battlefield which is move armor in columns, when making contact with enemy do not stop to engage, maneuver to flank while isolating pockets of resistance cutting off resupply and communications. It's simple and effective when done right and it's all about speed and maneuvering. That said Assad's forces are worse than incompetent when it comes to tactics in general so tasks that should take hours take them days and weeks. It's all about training. Although getting a crack force of some very capable hardware to serve as a force multiplier never hurts.
    Last edited by BulletForTheBear; 08-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Mother Base, i.e., Snake and Kaz's offshore clubhouse for men

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
    its 4 research purposes
    Just stop before you make yourself look like an even bigger dumbass.

Flying around inside a government Hip.

Banned user

^^ clever retort

Too bad tlass vid is a fake ***** !
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid...680206341&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by Hisroyalhighness View Post
    Again, how old are you?

Looks like the Rebs managed to capture an intact T-72M with ERA.

It shows T-72AV and ARV (stands rear to to tank) all suggests it is ARV which recovered unmanned tank was ambushed and both captured.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
    sorry guys no more idiocy i promise

I see you can foretell your future on this forum.

destroyed T-72AV in Homs , Era on top but not on sides ? thats wierd

Quote Originally Posted by hasan2k6 View Post
    Not when the biggest threat comes from RPG's fired from roof tops and third floor windows it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by hasan2k6 View Post

But there is ERA on the sides... look right above the tracks.
    IMO, the ERA covered side skirts probably got ripped off. Look at other pictures and video of T-72's in this forum, the ones with ERA almost universally have ERA installed on the side skirts as well. You'll also find a lot of pictures of T-55's and T-72's with their side skirts/dirt flaps ripped off, probably as a result of grinding against debris, especially in the urban areas.

Look at the front of the tank. The front right track's dirt cover has been ripped off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    But there is ERA on the sides... look right above the tracks.
    IMO, the ERA covered side skirts probably got ripped off. Look at other pictures and video of T-72's in this forum, the ones with ERA almost universally have ERA installed on the side skirts as well. You'll also find a lot of pictures of T-55's and T-72's with their side skirts/dirt flaps ripped off, probably as a result of grinding against debris, especially in the urban areas.

Look at the front of the tank. The front right track's dirt cover has been ripped off as well.
    ya i guess , probably after the tank got hit and abandoned , they ripped off everything they could

do u think it got hit by IED or missile

Does this captured MANPAD in the center look 'complete' to you guys too?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADBqZbNjU8I