Thread: Syrian Uprising - Photos & Videos - no discussion, no conversation

thanks for the amazing pictures m4rs75

that building looks like a freemasoner building watching down on all those people living in Damascus

how big is that house man.. that picture where you see the palace and the city under it. that difference is mind blowing, look at the ordinary peoples house and look at his!

Here is a short video clip of the palace from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by memoli View Post
    i have searched through pictures about Syrias presidential palace and only found this picture:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2a9wfvp.jpg[/IMG]
    (is this the palace of president of Syria?)

wikipedia says the name of the palace is Tishreen palace. i searched on that to, but didn't find any pictures regarding the palace. only some pro-assad pictures shows up..

anyone that can help me with finding some pictures form his palace?
    What an ugly palace, it must have been built by Russian architects. But it's fit for a James Bond villain. It's also likely to have a network of underground bunkers, if Gadaffi is anything to go by.
    Last edited by Piano; 06-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finriswolf View Post
    It is believed that Assad spends more time at the smaller (more secure) palace, one mile to the SW of the larger palace. The security around the smaller residence has been greatly increased in the last few months - judging by sat imagery. I have annotated some of the new security features such as new crash barriers, pillboxes, outposts and new walls/fencing (red arrows). There are many other new security features outside the scope of the picture I posted.
    Attachment 182783Attachment 182784
    The Vogue interview with Asma al-Assad claimed that they (usually) live in an apartment in the city.

[SIZE=4]The presidential family lives surrounded by neighbors in a modern apartment in Malki. On Friday, the Muslim day of rest, Asma al-Assad opens the door herself in jeans and old suede stiletto boots, hair in a ponytail, the word happiness spelled out across the back of her T-shirt. At the bottom of the stairs stands the off-duty president in jeans—tall, long-necked, blue-eyed. A precise man who takes photographs and talks lovingly about his first computer, he says he was attracted to studying eye surgery “because it’s very precise, it’s almost never an emergency, and there is very little blood.” The old al-Assad family apartment was remade into a child-friendly triple-decker playroom loft surrounded by immense windows on three sides. With neither shades nor curtains, it’s a fishbowl. Asma al-Assad likes to say, “You’re safe because you are surrounded by people who will keep you safe.” Neighbors peer in, drop by, visit, comment on the furniture. The president doesn’t mind: “This curiosity is good: They come to see you, they learn more about you. You don’t isolate yourself.”

There’s a decorated Christmas tree. Seven-year-old Zein watches Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland on the president’s iMac; her brother Karim, six, builds a shark out of Legos; and nine-year-old Hafez tries out his new electric violin. All three go to a Montessori school.

Asma al-Assad empties a box of fondue mix into a saucepan for lunch. The household is run on wildly democratic principles. “We all vote on what we want, and where,” she says. The chandelier over the dining table is made of cut-up comic books. “They outvoted us three to two on that.”

A grid is drawn on a blackboard, with ticks for each member of the family. “We were having trouble with politeness, so we made a chart: ticks for when they spoke as they should, and a cross if they didn’t.” There’s a cross next to Asma’s name. “I shouted,” she confesses. “I can’t talk about empowering young people, encouraging them to be creative and take responsibility, if I’m not like that with my own children.”

[/SIZE][*******#000000]When Angelina Jolie came with Brad Pitt for the United Nations in 2009, she was impressed by the first lady’s efforts to encourage empowerment among Iraqi and Palestinian refugees but alarmed by the Assads’ idea of safety.
    [/COLOR]
    [*******#000000]“My husband was driving us all to lunch,” says Asma al-Assad, “and out of the corner of my eye I could see Brad Pitt was fidgeting. I turned around and asked, ‘Is anything wrong?’ ”[/COLOR]
    [*******#000000]“Where’s your security?” asked Pitt.
    [/COLOR]
    [*******#000000]“So I started teasing him—‘See that old woman on the street? That’s one of them! And that old guy crossing the road?
    [/COLOR]
    [*******#000000]That’s the other one!’ ” They both laugh.
    [/COLOR]
    [*******#000000]The president joins in the punch line: “Brad Pitt wanted to send his security guards here to come and get some training!”[/COLOR]
    Read the link here:
    http://www.presidentassad.net/ASMA_A...ruary_2011.htm
    Last edited by Piano; 06-28-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by memoli View Post
    that building looks like a freemasoner building
    Not even close try the Israeli High Court.

Wow, what an almost bizarre interview!
    [*******#000000]The president joins in the punch line: “Brad Pitt wanted to send his security guards here to come and get some training!”
    I'm willing to bet that Brad Pitt does not feel the same way now - and I would also bet that they are not staying in an apartment in the city. lol
    Thanks for the article!

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Piano View Post
    The Vogue interview with Asma al-Assad claimed that they (usually) live in an apartment in the city.

Read the link here:
    http://www.presidentassad.net/ASMA_A...ruary_2011.htm

I bet you they're not living in that apartment anymore or driving themselves around. That was before the conflict started and their apartment is even closer to where those bombs went off.

Syrian Army BMP hit by IED:

Man being arrested by the Syrian Army in Homs:

Captured Air Force Lt. General, Farage Shihada al-Maqat and Brigadier General (translation may be wrong on rank) Munir Ahmed Chleba from the Palestine Branch of the Military Intelligence Directorate. The Air Force general was abducted on Al-Adawi Street which is down the block from the UN mission's hotel and close to the home of a lot of foreign dignitaries. He's the highest ranking general to be captured by the FSA. They look like they've been tortured. The man from Palestine Branch is the same guy standing around taking cell phone pictures of mutilated corpses with Bashar's brother Maher after the Sednaya Massacre in 08 but I haven't been able to find very much information about him besides that. This is a pretty significant:

Syrian Army ammunition truck destroyed in Idlib:

Captured Syrian Army BMP in Idlib:

Another captured BMP:

pt.2:

Al-Nusra walking through the rubble where a man was injured in the arm and then attack a convoy of Syrian Army vehicles in Saqba:

FSA fighting in Idlib:

FSA fighting with Syrian forces on rooftops in Idlib:

Syrian Army fighting in Hama:

FSA training. They practice capturing prisoners and a tactical withdrawal:

Is this the palace on Mount Qassioun?

Quote Originally Posted by m4rs75 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by alexz View Post
    Is this the palace on Mount Qassioun?
    Yep.

Here's the info gleaned from the Turkish news site NTVMSNBC:

The camera (and a single RF-4E) was flying in light of testing the effectiveness of a ground radar (One can imagine that this is a mobile radar installed near Hatay due regional tensions) for this, it simulated approaches at different altitudes.

He made an initial approach from the east, then over Hatay he veered to the southwest.

At 11:37, he turned around, somewhere between Cyprus and Syria, while lowering its altitude.
    He crossed the Syrian territorial waters to 11:42 at an altitude of 200 feet.
    At 11:42, he received a warning from the Turkish controller alerted him that it was Syrian in space.
    The plane left Syrian space at 11:47.
    At 11:50 he was back on Hatay where he will ask its controller to a new level.
    At 11:58 he was hit by flak, 13 miles of the Syrian coast while its direction is southwest.
    It crashed at 12:02 in Syrian waters.
    There was at no time a Syrian warning.

^^

better try it on the thread in General discussions.

here i'll give you the link: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...close-to-Syria

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post

FSA training. They practice capturing prisoners and a tactical withdrawal
    I've heard some where online that their not taking prisoners...but in that kind of fighting, how can you really take prisoners?
    The only way they could take prisoners is if the FSA gets the upper hand, just like the Rebels in Libya did...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm22 View Post
    I've heard some where online that their not taking prisoners...but in that kind of fighting, how can you really take prisoners?
    The only way they could take prisoners is if the FSA gets the upper hand, just like the Rebels in Libya did...
    It varies. Some execute them, some exchange for prisoners etc.

Security forces fire on protesters in Aleppo with one injury:

FSA attacking a Syrian Air Force base in Aleppo with a technical that has a zu-23-2 in the bed: