Thread: Syrian Uprising - Photos & Videos - no discussion, no conversation

  1. #3166
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaper View Post
    Don't do that in this thread please. People have flipped for less before and ruined fine threads.
    That derogatory term could be used as an equivalent to 'dude' or 'bloke' in some communities across the US. You even have some white kids and latinos referring to each other as nigg*s so go figure. So for example 'u mah n*gga?' translates to 'Are you with me?' or 'Can I depend on you?'. So no offense to African Americans is implied really. Although white folks need to be careful throwing that around

  2. #3167
    Senior Member Bloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,324

    Default

    I wonder how all these tank losses (which seem to be fairly substantial) are going to effect Syrian Army doctrine in the future, assuming Assad's regime survives this anyway. Maybe Syrian army will stop having ~4,000 mostly obsolete MBT's and focus on building up some small numbers of T-90's/Modern T-72's, as most of Syria's T-72's are the same export variant (T-72M/M1's) which got blasted in 1991 Gulf War. Or maybe Assad will send in more T-62's to the slaughterhouse next revolt and/or against IDF or Turkey. Either wouldn't surprise me.

  3. #3168
    Senior Member EITAN88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Great Rift Valley
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletForTheBear View Post
    Really? Are you sure? No VBIED ever used by Sunni terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by EITAN88 View Post
    Suicide car/truck bombings used to be a unique Hizbollah M.O... look how far we've come
    Did you notice this part?

  4. #3169
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletForTheBear View Post
    That derogatory term could be used as an equivalent to 'dude' or 'bloke' in some communities across the US. You even have some white kids and latinos referring to each other as nigg*s so go figure. So for example 'u mah n*gga?' translates to 'Are you with me?' or 'Can I depend on you?'. So no offense to African Americans is implied really. Although white folks need to be careful throwing that around
    its pretty prevalent in north america among youth and even older ppl regardless of their socio economic statue

  5. #3170
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    I wonder how all these tank losses (which seem to be fairly substantial) are going to effect Syrian Army doctrine in the future, assuming Assad's regime survives this anyway. Maybe Syrian army will stop having ~4,000 mostly obsolete MBT's and focus on building up some small numbers of T-90's/Modern T-72's, as most of Syria's T-72's are the same export variant (T-72M/M1's) which got blasted in 1991 Gulf War. Or maybe Assad will send in more T-62's to the slaughterhouse next revolt and/or against IDF or Turkey. Either wouldn't surprise me.
    You can achieve objectives with ~4000 old MBTs in a conventional war if you use proper tactics. The Russians for example were able to defeat Georgians relatively quickly in 2008 with pretty much obsolete hardware by employing good old Soviet tactics meant to achieve strategic superiority on the battlefield which is move armor in columns, when making contact with enemy do not stop to engage, maneuver to flank while isolating pockets of resistance cutting off resupply and communications. It's simple and effective when done right and it's all about speed and maneuvering. That said Assad's forces are worse than incompetent when it comes to tactics in general so tasks that should take hours take them days and weeks. It's all about training. Although getting a crack force of some very capable hardware to serve as a force multiplier never hurts.
    Last edited by BulletForTheBear; 08-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.

  6. #3171
    Senior Member Hisroyalhighness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mother Base, i.e., Snake and Kaz's offshore clubhouse for men
    Posts
    11,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
    its 4 research purposes
    Just stop before you make yourself look like an even bigger dumbass.


    Flying around inside a government Hip.

  7. #3172
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    ^^ clever retort

  8. #3173
    Senior Member yves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lyon,France
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Too bad tlass vid is a fake ***** !
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid...680206341&_rdr

  9. #3174
    Senior Member Baron Harkonnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dune
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hisroyalhighness View Post
    Again, how old are you?


    Looks like the Rebs managed to capture an intact T-72M with ERA.

    It shows T-72AV and ARV (stands rear to to tank) all suggests it is ARV which recovered unmanned tank was ambushed and both captured.

  10. #3175
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    24,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
    sorry guys no more idiocy i promise

    I see you can foretell your future on this forum.

  11. #3176
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default





    destroyed T-72AV in Homs , Era on top but not on sides ? thats wierd

  12. #3177
    Crow Killer Laworkerbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California Über Alles
    Age
    45
    Posts
    44,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasan2k6 View Post
    destroyed T-72AV in Homs , Era on top but not on sides ? thats wierd
    Not when the biggest threat comes from RPG's fired from roof tops and third floor windows it isn't.

  13. #3178
    Senior Member Impartial Bias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Korea, Republic of, South
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasan2k6 View Post


    destroyed T-72AV in Homs , Era on top but not on sides ? thats wierd
    But there is ERA on the sides... look right above the tracks.
    IMO, the ERA covered side skirts probably got ripped off. Look at other pictures and video of T-72's in this forum, the ones with ERA almost universally have ERA installed on the side skirts as well. You'll also find a lot of pictures of T-55's and T-72's with their side skirts/dirt flaps ripped off, probably as a result of grinding against debris, especially in the urban areas.

    Look at the front of the tank. The front right track's dirt cover has been ripped off as well.

  14. #3179
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    But there is ERA on the sides... look right above the tracks.
    IMO, the ERA covered side skirts probably got ripped off. Look at other pictures and video of T-72's in this forum, the ones with ERA almost universally have ERA installed on the side skirts as well. You'll also find a lot of pictures of T-55's and T-72's with their side skirts/dirt flaps ripped off, probably as a result of grinding against debris, especially in the urban areas.

    Look at the front of the tank. The front right track's dirt cover has been ripped off as well.
    ya i guess , probably after the tank got hit and abandoned , they ripped off everything they could

    do u think it got hit by IED or missile

  15. #3180

    Default

    Does this captured MANPAD in the center look 'complete' to you guys too?!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADBqZbNjU8I

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •