Page 18 of 990 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262868118518 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 14848

Thread: Syrian Uprising - Photos & Videos - no discussion, no conversation

  1. #256
    Senior Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    10,490

    Default

    Are you done or did you prepared another rant?

    I dont know who is in there and truth to be told I dont really care that much. Nor do I care that much about 8 armed irregulars on the roof of some abondoned building shooting with small arms and MGs on some convoy. Reason for that is simple - I dont live there and it doesn´t affect me at all. However reading the name of the thread and sub-section of the forum I kinda thought that adding video from Syrian conflict/uprising into photos and videos section isn´t that bad of an idea while giving describtion which was used by several media outlets and video itself. Now I don´t trully know if you can´t comprehend this or if you´re just seeking some attention but one way or another I´m done with it, I can waste my time in more enjoyable way than this.

  2. #257
    Banned User Laworkerbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California Über Alles
    Age
    45
    Posts
    43,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalerab View Post
    Are you done or did you prepared another rant?

    I dont know who is in there and truth to be told I dont really care that much. Nor do I care that much about 8 armed irregulars on the roof of some abondoned building shooting with small arms and MGs on some convoy. Reason for that is simple - I dont live there and it doesn´t affect me at all. However reading the name of the thread and sub-section of the forum I kinda thought that adding video from Syrian conflict/uprising into photos and videos section isn´t that bad of an idea while giving describtion which was used by several media outlets and video itself. Now I don´t trully know if you can´t comprehend this or if you´re just seeking some attention but one way or another I´m done with it, I can waste my time in more enjoyable way than this.
    So I lack comprehension and am attention seeking because I disagree you? Because I see men shooting up a bus and don't think they're the hero's Youtube claims them to be? Am I asking too much for people posting here to take just a single grain of salt with what they're seeing and being told in these videos? You know, using common sense, and logic, questioning what your eyes are seeing when the title infers something quite the opposite?

    If that makes me a incomprehensible attention whore then so be it.

    Since you don't seem to care about Syrians either way what does this make you? War voyuer?

  3. #258
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,146

    Default



    Below is a rough translation of their conversation:
    Resident:
    Let us tell you the truth. The problem does not involve observers in person or as a group. The problem lies in the Arab initiative itself. You have come here to supervise the implementation of an Arab League plan which is composed of several items. The first item is to immediately halt the killing.
    How can you be available in Homs, when 15 people got killed? We have not benefited from your presence as observers here. You have not protected people from getting killed. Yesterday [Tuesday], 10,000 people gathered at al-Sa’aa Square chanting their demands."
    Arab League official:
    This is our third day here. Do you expect what had occurred in six or nine or three months could be fixed in a day? Please be patient. Give us time. We will continue performing our duties to the point that would lead to dialogue.”
    To this, a second resident, visibly angry, replies:
    What dialogue? How can we reach dialogue while people get killed. We were told that security men would not kill anyone in the presence of Arab observers. But while the head of the observers team was here a child , among 15 other people, was killed. Have you been available there?”
    Arab League official:
    We are keeping a strict track of any incidents that take place here. This is only our first day here."
    A man who has been watching the conversation then says:
    We have been here for five days without bread. This is the first time bread has been distributed in the neighbourhood."

  4. #259
    Banned User Laworkerbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California Über Alles
    Age
    45
    Posts
    43,997

    Default

    Thank you, Trooper.

  5. #260
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    Thank you, Trooper.
    no problem.

  6. #261
    Senior Member LineDoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    38S MB 3661/8351
    Posts
    32,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalerab View Post


    FSA ambush of security forces convoy in Daraa province.
    1 How does anyone know what the hell the target was? I saw no markings on the White Bus as anything over that all the other white buses. How Do I as a observer know they didnt just shoot up a school bus of kids? because they say so?

    2 These Morons are so dangerous you see them shooting away the cinderblocks in front of them with highly inaccurate fires that look to be on a trajectory thats 50 feet above the targets.

    3 Is there 1 Arab in any combat video that can hold the fcuking camera straight without trembling like Michael Jackson in a nursery school? It's Like Michael J. Fox was filming.....

  7. #262
    Senior Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    10,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    So I lack comprehension and am attention seeking because I disagree you? Because I see men shooting up a bus and don't think they're the hero's Youtube claims them to be? Am I asking too much for people posting here to take just a single grain of salt with what they're seeing and being told in these videos? You know, using common sense, and logic, questioning what your eyes are seeing when the title infers something quite the opposite?

    If that makes me a incomprehensible attention whore then so be it.

    Since you don't seem to care about Syrians either way what does this make you? War voyuer?
    Although there is nothing I like more than someone pushing his own words into my mouths so far I saw one (well, two if you count bomba) person who is writing here about some heroes. And you see here´s the problem - you do not disagree with me simply because I never made any claim regarding the video other than I copied its describtion from media outlets which published it. To be fair here they are

    http://www.r*euters.com/article/2011...7BR0XB20111228
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/s...ush/52249520/1
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45806360.../#.Tvu4ftRlB2A
    http://www.mydesert.com/usatoday/art...CFrontpage%7Cp

    So I dont really understand where this source of the problem you have with something I have written come from. You asked what I see there as you see 8 *******s firing on a buses. I see 8 irregulars ambushing a convoy. The end. And I believe so does vast majority of population. Feel free to see all things around you with black-and-white glasses but that doesnt mean that same applies to everyone else, myself included. I dont know who was in those buses as I wasnt there what you figured out some hours ago but if you have such a problem with that describtion write your protest note to AP, AFP, R*euters and other agencies which came with it in the first place. And also the user who uploaded the video. Because you still seem to be convinced that I came up with that describtion by myself. I didn´t.

    And what? Its point of interest, hobby and also part of my job.

    Can we end this senseless discussion now?

    PS: At the end of the video you can hear someone returning fire.
    Last edited by kalerab; 12-28-2011 at 08:09 PM.

  8. #263
    Banned User Laworkerbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California Über Alles
    Age
    45
    Posts
    43,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalerab View Post
    Can we end this senseless discussion now?
    So it's senseless now? Maybe to you is it but not to me. You have a combat vet making almost the same observations I did, is he attacking you as well? No.

    I've not attacked anything you've written, but if you're going to get butthurt over someone discussing the video's your posting then perhaps you well shouldn't post them anymore if you're going to take it personally? I've not attacked you even after you've referred to me as an "incomprehensible attention whore" thanks for that by the way.

    This discussion isn't pointless, far from it. I'm not planning on staying quiet when I see men shooting up buses or war cheerleaders like Czechmate posting propaganda as truth.

  9. #264
    Senior Member LineDoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    38S MB 3661/8351
    Posts
    32,860

    Default

    Or insurgents at another position still firing.... The video really shows no apparent Security forces unless they travel by civvie bus with no markings. Did the insurgents just fire up a bus of choice? looked that way to me

  10. #265
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    guys may i remind you this place is for photos and videos not political discussion.

  11. #266
    Senior Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    10,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    So it's senseless now? Maybe to you is it but not to me. You have a combat vet making almost the same observations I did, is he attacking you as well? No.

    I've not attacked anything you've written, but if you're going to get butthurt over someone discussing the video's your posting then perhaps you well shouldn't post them anymore if you're going to take it personally? I've not attacked you even after you've referred to me as an "incomprehensible attention whore" thanks for that by the way.

    This discussion isn't pointless, far from it. I'm not planning on staying quiet when I see men shooting up buses or war cheerleaders like Czechmate posting propaganda as truth.
    Let me sum it up

    1. You are not satisfied with the describtion of the video, hence you attacked me and wrote that I´m a cheerleader and a fanboy
    2. After you figured out that describtion was copied from major media outlets and user who uploaded it you simply said that you don´t give a rats ass about what he wrote and kept on with your accusations about me beeing cheerleader and a fanboy
    3. Several hundreds letters later we are here.

    Good talking to you. And you´re welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Or insurgents at another position still firing.... The video really shows no apparent Security forces unless they travel by civvie bus with no markings. Did the insurgents just fire up a bus of choice? looked that way to me
    May be, I didnt think about another squad in distance firing at the same target. Whoever was inside is anyones guess, but civilian buses were and are used as means of transportation of regime non-military personell (I remember several videos here which shows them), like militias, and random picking of targets in middle of nowhere is just a waste of ammo. Chances are that they had intel about the bus or convoy and wether that intel was correct or not cannot be verified by anyone else. Also this video shows also another thing, cameraman identified this group as part of FSA which, at least according to its leader, is composed of solely defected soldiers. These guys looks like anything but persons who ever went through basic firearms training, Arab or not.

  12. #267
    Banned User Laworkerbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California Über Alles
    Age
    45
    Posts
    43,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mptrooper View Post
    guys may i remind you this place is for photos and videos not political discussion.
    Please point out where we are discussing politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by kalerab View Post
    Let me sum it up

    1. You are not satisfied with the describtion of the video, hence you attacked me and wrote that I´m a cheerleader and a fanboy
    2. After you figured out that describtion was copied from major media outlets and user who uploaded it you simply said that you don´t give a rats ass about what he wrote and kept on with your accusations about me beeing cheerleader and a fanboy
    3. Several hundreds letters later we are here.

    Good talking to you. And you´re welcome..
    This is my post responding to your video, please point out where I attacked you at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    What security forces? I see 8 *******s shooting up a bus and not taking any return fire. Funny because if this were Iraq these men would be terrorists, attack a bus in Syria and your hero's.

  13. #268
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    i did not mean it in that way i am just afraid it will turn it to one.

  14. #269
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,146

    Default


  15. #270
    Senior Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    10,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    This is my post responding to your video, please point out where I attacked you at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    So you tell me who is thinking now? I have a thought process that likes to make sense of what I'm seeing. You obviously see 8 hero's shooting up a tank, I see 8 *******s shooting up a bus, you go ahead and take their word on it, I won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    What security forces? I see 8 *******s shooting up a bus and not taking any return fire. Funny because if this were Iraq these men would be terrorists, attack a bus in Syria and your hero's.
    Here and here. I consider very few people as my heroes, rest assured insurgents on other side of the world fighting for whatever cause are not among them. Also I challenged your observation exactly zero times as I find it correct yet you somehow still keep going on with it even after I wrote twice that I dont know who was in that bus and that I did nothing more than copied the describtion from several sources which used it. You could´ve just posted your observation just as Linedoggie did, instead you automatically described me as obvious cheerleader and fanboy as czechmate and went with it again and again although I several times wrote you that I did not came up with that describtion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •