Page 72 of 998 FirstFirst ... 2262646566676869707172737475767778798082122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 14967

Thread: Syrian Uprising - Photos & Videos - no discussion, no conversation

  1. #1066
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    I think czechmate uploaded it but it was removed

  2. #1067
    Senior Member kalerab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    11,384

    Default



    Fighting in Damascus

  3. #1068
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Surrey England
    Age
    47
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Attack on T-72 - cameraman fluffs it though. What version of the tank is it please?


  4. #1069
    Senior Member gresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Probably thought it would be a good idea to duck. That looks awfully close.

  5. #1070
    Senior Member Piano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian wolf View Post
    Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of the prime-minister Vladimir Putin about Syria from 3:55
    "Assad regime - is legitimate regime"
    This man is a servile buffoon. What a waste of BBC time.

  6. #1071
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saratov, Russia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    776

    Default

    T-55AMV

    T-72AV

    From Military in the Middle East blog.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  7. #1072
    Member hopeinen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    206

    Default

    How many tanks with ERA/reactive armour does Syria have? To me it would make more sense to use them in cities as they would hold up better against low quality RPGs and AT weapons compared to regular T-72M1/A and BMPs.

  8. #1073
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saratov, Russia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeinen View Post
    How many tanks with ERA/reactive armour does Syria have? To me it would make more sense to use them in cities as they would hold up better against low quality RPGs and AT weapons compared to regular T-72M1/A and BMPs.
    If I'm not mistaken - about 200 T-72AV and the same amount of T-55AMV.

  9. #1074
    Senior Member mptrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    sin ar bhealach
    Posts
    2,187

    Default


    Defection of captian and soldiers from a pioneering battalion. 3/22/2012

  10. #1075
    Senior Member themacedonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian wolf View Post
    Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of the prime-minister Vladimir Putin about Syria from 3:55
    "Assad regime - is legitimate regime"
    At the moment the Assad regime is legitimate government of Syria.

  11. #1076
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Surrey England
    Age
    47
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeinen View Post
    How many tanks with ERA/reactive armour does Syria have? To me it would make more sense to use them in cities as they would hold up better against low quality RPGs and AT weapons compared to regular T-72M1/A and BMPs.
    Conventional doctrine is that Armour should be supported by infantry in urban areas- infantry and ERA do not mix.

  12. #1077
    Senior Member gresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    At the moment the Assad regime is legitimate government of Syria.
    Depends on your definition of legitimate. He definitely doesn't have popular support amount the Syrian people. Legitimate dictator of Syria, yeah.

  13. #1078
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Surrey England
    Age
    47
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themacedonian View Post
    At the moment the Assad regime is legitimate government of Syria.
    What ? A dictator that inherits a dictatorship from his dad- who himself grabbed the country from a dictatorship?
    Is that what counts as legitimacy where you are from? A maniac prepared to kill absolutely everybody to remain king is not legitimate. Nobody voted for him or chose him.

  14. #1079
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [64]Lynx View Post
    If I'm not mistaken - about 200 T-72AV and the same amount of T-55AMV.
    Much more. According to the contract signed by Russia and Syria in 2006, Russia modernizes the 1000 syrian T-72. Most of these tanks have already upgraded and returned to Syria, this year should be upgraded last 100-200 tanks from this 1000 T-72.

  15. #1080
    Senior Member themacedonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czechmate67 View Post
    What ? A dictator that inherits a dictatorship from his dad- who himself grabbed the country from a dictatorship?
    Is that what counts as legitimacy where you are from? A maniac prepared to kill absolutely everybody to remain king is not legitimate. Nobody voted for him or chose him.
    Inherited yes. It is an established rule. An established government. Needs to change. Not a nice government. Not a friendly government. However more legitimate than Saudi Arabia or some other states for that matter where there is an absolute autocracy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •