Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft Bootcamps and Training Sessions

Default Airsoft Bootcamps and Training Sessions

Jericho Airsoft
    [LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=lucida grande]Our Jericho Airsoft 2011 bootcamp will have a real Marine Corps MOUT instructor, teaching airsofters real military tactics used by the marine corps.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerich...43788025661698

I think that there should be more and more of these types of events!

Having active duty or retired guys teaching airsofters the bases of combat, and also putting some sense into the "odd ones" can only be a good thing for this hobby/sport however you wanna call it.

Interesting. Who is the instructor? Background info?

sorry, i don't have any infos on it.

I do know that there are quite a few Marines from all kind of MOS, grunts, arty, MPs, that play there regularly and a few Soldiers and Sailors as well.
    They had an Army fire team come and demonstrate room clearing techniques before, but this should be better.

if you are interest i'd say contact the field owner directly, you might even know some of the guys or their companies...

Rick Lowe (805) 807-6850

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

I don't know if to applaud the idea or make jokes about it.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    I don't know if to applaud the idea or make jokes about it.
    I'd go with jokes.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

I see a point in studying military tactics for airsoft games but to me it's just that: A game. I'm afraid with a real DI dropping by it'll be just a gathering of kids who think they gonna get OMFG11!!D3lTA by just listening to that guy.

Ill teach a class free of charge, Ill teach you every tactic we use with a nice and juicy 850 page ppt followed by a 1hr safety brief on how to safely conduct these tactics. Pms are welcome you supply the training grounds and equipment ill bring the projector.

Ill be hosting classes soon. certified firearms/tactics instructor. $700.00 for a ten hour OMFG11!!D3lTA class. Bring cash.

Bring your reflective safety belts.

i get the sarcasm but why are you guys so against it?
    i think the idea is more about teaching the basics than trying to be spec ops...
    i may be wrong, as i said i don't know who is running the show, but i do know some of the guys that work there and they are all pretty down to earth easy going dudes.

is it really that bad if somebody is willing to show civilians of all ages, kids and adults, how to properly move and fight in an urban environment?

Quote Originally Posted by jzamp View Post
    i get the sarcasm but why are you guys so against it?
    i think the idea is more about teaching the basics than trying to be spec ops...
    i may be wrong, as i said i don't know who is running the show, but i do know some of the guys that work there and they are all pretty down to earth easy going dudes.

is it really that bad if somebody is willing to show civilians of all ages, kids and adults, how to properly move and fight in an urban environment?
    Yes key word civilians because one week or class of training wont teach you how to fight in a urban environment. Join up if you want to do that this just creates more people who think they know it all because of one week of training.

850 slide powerpoint...

I think I'll stick to what I already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrilla21 View Post
    Yes key word civilians because one week or class of training wont teach you how to fight in a urban environment. Join up if you want to do that this just creates more people who think they know it all because of one week of training.
    same goes for magpul high speed videos and all the other things so? are they all bad and useless or the problem is that here ppl shoot plastic balls?

looking, thinking: lifes too short to dance with fat chicks

and magpul make you pay?

and you pay how much for your kit?

and your going to to go to a guy who has a facebook page and pay him how much to learn about tactics ? (probably a quite high price)

no disrespect but the phrase "if you pay, you will be mugged off" springs to mind.

the reason that all these things ie magpul and the dudes who run those "bootcamps" exist, is because you will pay.

have you done a background check on them? how can you?
    is his/their experience/credentials what they say it is or has it been "Soouped up" so as to be more appealing.

"is it really that bad if somebody is willing to show civilians of all ages, kids and adults, how to properly move and fight in an urban environment?"

err, yes...because you dont need to know the latest TTP's...because its on a need to know basis and you dont need to know.

Boot camp for airsofters??