Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Landmines

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoul33t View Post
    Holly cow! I'm seriously hopping this is for camera only. It's an outdated procedure by 30 years or so...

snip...

Either you use a mine clearance vehicle or you detonate them on site but you do not manipulate them with such an easy going attitude.
    I was wondering same thing!

No point of doing that if it's not huge UXO in city center and the economical considerations have to be taken into calculation.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][*******#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][*******#333333][FONT=Calibri]JRTC Mineawareness training video[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][*******#000000]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

History

The Origins of Military Mines: Part I

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/l...00-schneck.htm

The Origins of Military Mines: Part II

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/l...00-schneck.htm

looking, thinking: lifes too short to dance with fat chicks

cut down paint brush...thats the way to find mines and IEDs.
    then clear enuf for the EOD bloke to see it.

PTN: always start from back and work forward and DOWN! never over!

Banned user

Good stuff, but personially if I had to disarm a mine the old way, i wouldn't wear protective gear unless one of those toe popper type mines because a nornal mine going off a foot from my body will most likely kill me anyways or if it doesn't I might be so injured i would wish it did.

Also disarming a mine isn't the big problem it's finding them I think since they can be made or hidden to the point were they are impossible to find.

Also what are the types of mines the north Koreans use thou I wouldn't be surprised if some of theres were made of stone and black powder lol

You buy me drinkie [RNZE]Sapper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kesja View Post
    Good stuff, but personially if I had to disarm a mine the old way, i wouldn't wear protective gear unless one of those toe popper type mines because a nornal mine going off a foot from my body will most likely kill me anyways or if it doesn't I might be so injured i would wish it did.
    You can talk tough all you want on the net. When you had to do it for real, I bet your @ss, you'll have on every piece of kit you can get your hands on. Sometimes you just need to think that it might do something.

I guess on will find plenty of those:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...8-claymore.htm

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Chinese AP landmine Type 72

http://www.ddasonline.com/minestype72ap.htm
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

EOD people, please dontīt watch

EOD people, please watch

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][*******#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman][*******#000000]More than three decades following the end of conflict, Laos is stilldealing with the residual effects of its violent past. Land mines and otherunexploded ordnance dot the Laotian landscape and threaten the lives of the thecountry's people, the majority of whom reside in the countryside.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][*******#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman][*******#000000][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman][*******#000000]The Mine Advisory Group (MAG)commissioned Mediastorm to produce a documentary that profiled theorganization's work removing this dangerous material, all the while profilingthe lives of those affected most.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][*******#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][*******#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

http://asiasociety.org/blog/asia/new...d-mine-problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbach View Post
    I guess on will find plenty of those:
    I have no idea what you mean by your post here? Found where, by Whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbach View Post
    the issue is barely touched after 12 posts. The "pro" argument is military to a certain degree (if some military outposts in Afghanistan were properly protected by minefields, some incidents would have turned another way). And there is a "contra" argument for the military too. But from a civilian perspective - they have to live in these areas, when all conflicts ended - the "contra" argument is at 100 %, I presume.
    The Issue? what Issue? this thread is an Anti Mine thread? who the hell would know from the barely literate postings you put forth.

Mines do have applications in warfare, of channeling the enemy into Kill Zones and Denial of Manuever. Where most become problems for civilians is due to insurgents/Half assed 3rd world armies who dont map them out and dont mark them like Professional Militaries do, and Scatterables from Artillery and Aircraft.

You left a Post on Claymores thats Gibberish and I defy an english speaker to understand your intent of the post. Tighten it up as there is good info you could be posting on this subject.