Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 683

Thread: Another poser...

  1. #121
    Sheep dog standing before wolves The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fyrkat-Jutland
    Posts
    17,258

    Default

    Someone bring him to me.. I'll do it fast and very painfull.. Yeah, that combo exsist.

    Ehh: pause?

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodMarine View Post
    1+

    lastra84 should of walked up and removed those tabs off the Poser.
    I thought about it, however, being Officers are Gentlemen I decided to play nice guy and told him to take it off.

    The pictures were not taken during my encounter with him, these pictures are posted of his facebook page and are from a latter date/game.

  3. #123

    Default

    Pretending to be xxxxx in Airsoft is hardly worth getting worked up about. It is the for many, the same sort of thinking as re-enactment.

  4. #124
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    24,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geordiemunro View Post
    Pretending to be xxxxx in Airsoft is hardly worth getting worked up about. It is the for many, the same sort of thinking as re-enactment.
    That is true to a point. Past wars are reinacted, but when you have current military being reinacted, is it really reinacting or posing. Obviously a 20 year person in uniform that is from over 40 years ago did not a participant in that conflict from over 40 years ago.

    My view, he is not on this forum, what ever the airsoft community thinks, that is their business. If he wants to be thought of as douche bag by the military community and even worse by the Special Forces community, that is his choice. Until he adjusts his ways, I will refer to him as Capt Douchebag a member of the Slimy Farts

  5. #125
    winner, douchebag of the day C2H6O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Hes facebook account clearly states that he is airsofter - so where is the problem? He can wear whatever he wants as long he does it for airsoft only, without actually telling people that he is an actual soldier. So chill out people. He didnt do anything wrong.

  6. #126
    Senior Member Winger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dog ate my tax return, suck it
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C2H6O View Post
    Hes facebook account clearly states that he is airsofter - so where is the problem? He can wear whatever he wants as long he does it for airsoft only, without actually telling people that he is an actual soldier. So chill out people. He didnt do anything wrong.
    I agree. As long as he's not trying to say he's a former service member with said credentials then it's OK. Let him live his fanboy fantasy in peace and keep wishing he had what it took to actually earn what he's wearing.

  7. #127
    Member GreatWhiteNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Sorry buddy, that's not an excuse. I'm 17 and I know not to wear **** like that because I know it's disrespectful to those who have earned it. read through this thread: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing

    Look at another pic from his Airsoft album.

    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

  8. #128
    Senior Member Winger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dog ate my tax return, suck it
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Sorry buddy, that's not an excuse. I'm 17 and I know not to wear **** like that because I know it's disrespectful to those who have earned it. read through this thread: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing

    Look at another pic from his Airsoft album.

    I get your point. But, what is his intent? To portray himself to others as such or something he isn't? If not then there is no harm. Find something where he's trying to pass off as a legitimate service member with those credentials and I'll agree. Looking at that picture....he's wearing patches that are obviously not authorized for wear by regular service members. To me, it seems he's just taking a piss. Doesn't seem he's trying to "steel valor."

  9. #129
    Member GreatWhiteNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    I get your point. But, what is his intent? To portray himself to others as such or something he isn't? If not then there is no harm. Find something where he's trying to pass off as a legitimate service member with those credentials and I'll agree. Looking at that picture....he's wearing patches that are obviously not authorized for wear by regular service members. To me, it seems he's just taking a piss. Doesn't seem he's trying to "steel valor."
    I guess you're right, but he's still a fraking disrespectful idiot. According to him though, he's joining the army. Here's to hoping his buddies will see these photos.

  10. #130
    Senior Member Winger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dog ate my tax return, suck it
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,885

    Default

    Imitation is the best form of flattery. I hope he does go in....if he's anywhere a descent person to begin with he'll soon realize what an ass he was making himself out to be.

  11. #131
    winner, douchebag of the day C2H6O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Sorry buddy, that's not an excuse. I'm 17 and I know not to wear **** like that because I know it's disrespectful to those who have earned it. read through this thread:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing

    Look at another pic from his Airsoft album.

    How the **** is airsoft disrespectful to actual soldiers? He didn't earn the patches? Well - most of airsoftlers didn't. So what? They dont actually say that they are some omfg delta, they just play such role at their meeting etc., where everybody knows that it isnt true. They dont make people believe that they are someone else.

  12. #132
    Member Chauncey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    "And this also," said Marlow suddenly, "has been one of the dark places of the earth."
    Posts
    951

    Default

    That pic was before he got his commission obviously...

  13. #133
    1/3 Stooge Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C2H6O View Post
    How the **** is airsoft disrespectful to actual soldiers? He didn't earn the patches? Well - most of airsoftlers didn't. So what? They dont actually say that they are some omfg delta, they just play such role at their meeting etc., where everybody knows that it isnt true. They dont make people believe that they are someone else.
    If you want to wear and promote wearing patches and rank insignia, then you are on the wrong forum. Go back to a dedicated poser airsoft website.

  14. #134
    Deserter Soldat_Américain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Borderlands with Nantan Lupan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,562

    Default

    If you want to have ranks in your little airsoft club...fine, but don't freakin pull out a ranger scroll or a long tab...you can create tab morale patches for your own stuff. On this forum we don't like posers...this guy was posing, end of story.

  15. #135
    Senior Member StormzSTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    8,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C2H6O View Post
    How the **** is airsoft disrespectful to actual soldiers? He didn't earn the patches? Well - most of airsoftlers didn't. So what? They dont actually say that they are some omfg delta, they just play such role at their meeting etc., where everybody knows that it isnt true. They dont make people believe that they are someone else.
    I see you have your user title for a reason.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •