Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poser Alert

Default Poser Alert

A few weeks ago, while home on leave, I reunited with some old airsoft friends for a local game. During said game I noticed this individual wearing SF tab and patch. Upon further questioning I noticed that such individual was not SF or even in the US ARMY, therefore I proceeded to explain why is wrong/frown upon to wear military insignia one has not earned.

Apparently the individual did not fully learn the lesson, so I ask for your help.

You can find this individual at the following Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1500141003

Here are some pictures of the "operator"...

Good hunting....

PS: MOD please feel free to move this post wherever appropriate.
    Last edited by lastra84; 01-08-2012 at 10:18 PM.

He's a rank of Captain?? Nice.

I'll get the torches

[*******#333333]Aww, f​uck another one. Why they just don't pretend to be astronauts?

[/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by wwjs View Post
    Aww, f​uck another one. Why they just don't pretend to be astronauts?
    Aren't they called Trekkies and Fanboys?

Well the only officers in ODAs now are captains Unlike in Vietnam...so he's obviously done some research.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodMarine View Post
    Aren't they called Trekkies and Fanboys?
    I call them POS. Wearing patches and insignia that they haven't earned (idk what's guys in the military opinion about uniforms). Trekkies are more than weird but at least they pretend to be fictional characters. I don't know if this is just my wild imagination, but I'm pretty sure that he said to more than one person that his "brother" or he are former SF guys unfairly discharged because of ____.

Quote Originally Posted by wwjs View Post
    I call them POS. Wearing patches and insignia that they haven't earned (idk what's guys in the military opinion about uniforms).
    1+

lastra84 should of walked up and removed those tabs off the Poser.

Sheep dog standing before wolves The Dane's Avatar

Someone bring him to me.. I'll do it fast and very painfull.. Yeah, that combo exsist.

Ehh: pause?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodMarine View Post
    1+

lastra84 should of walked up and removed those tabs off the Poser.
    I thought about it, however, being Officers are Gentlemen I decided to play nice guy and told him to take it off.

The pictures were not taken during my encounter with him, these pictures are posted of his facebook page and are from a latter date/game.

Pretending to be xxxxx in Airsoft is hardly worth getting worked up about. It is the for many, the same sort of thinking as re-enactment.

Quote Originally Posted by geordiemunro View Post
    Pretending to be xxxxx in Airsoft is hardly worth getting worked up about. It is the for many, the same sort of thinking as re-enactment.
    That is true to a point. Past wars are reinacted, but when you have current military being reinacted, is it really reinacting or posing. Obviously a 20 year person in uniform that is from over 40 years ago did not a participant in that conflict from over 40 years ago.

My view, he is not on this forum, what ever the airsoft community thinks, that is their business. If he wants to be thought of as douche bag by the military community and even worse by the Special Forces community, that is his choice. Until he adjusts his ways, I will refer to him as Capt Douchebag a member of the Slimy Farts

winner, douchebag of the day C2H6O's Avatar

Hes facebook account clearly states that he is airsofter - so where is the problem? He can wear whatever he wants as long he does it for airsoft only, without actually telling people that he is an actual soldier. So chill out people. He didnt do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by C2H6O View Post
    Hes facebook account clearly states that he is airsofter - so where is the problem? He can wear whatever he wants as long he does it for airsoft only, without actually telling people that he is an actual soldier. So chill out people. He didnt do anything wrong.
    I agree. As long as he's not trying to say he's a former service member with said credentials then it's OK. Let him live his fanboy fantasy in peace and keep wishing he had what it took to actually earn what he's wearing.

Sorry buddy, that's not an excuse. I'm 17 and I know not to wear **** like that because I know it's disrespectful to those who have earned it. read through this thread: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing

Look at another pic from his Airsoft album.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval