Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poser Alert

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Sorry buddy, that's not an excuse. I'm 17 and I know not to wear **** like that because I know it's disrespectful to those who have earned it. read through this thread: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing

Look at another pic from his Airsoft album.

Attachment 170113
    I get your point. But, what is his intent? To portray himself to others as such or something he isn't? If not then there is no harm. Find something where he's trying to pass off as a legitimate service member with those credentials and I'll agree. Looking at that picture....he's wearing patches that are obviously not authorized for wear by regular service members. To me, it seems he's just taking a piss. Doesn't seem he's trying to "steel valor."

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    I get your point. But, what is his intent? To portray himself to others as such or something he isn't? If not then there is no harm. Find something where he's trying to pass off as a legitimate service member with those credentials and I'll agree. Looking at that picture....he's wearing patches that are obviously not authorized for wear by regular service members. To me, it seems he's just taking a piss. Doesn't seem he's trying to "steel valor."
    I guess you're right, but he's still a fraking disrespectful idiot. According to him though, he's joining the army. Here's to hoping his buddies will see these photos.

Imitation is the best form of flattery. I hope he does go in....if he's anywhere a descent person to begin with he'll soon realize what an ass he was making himself out to be.

winner, douchebag of the day C2H6O's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Sorry buddy, that's not an excuse. I'm 17 and I know not to wear **** like that because I know it's disrespectful to those who have earned it. read through this thread:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing

Look at another pic from his Airsoft album.

Attachment 170113
    How the **** is airsoft disrespectful to actual soldiers? He didn't earn the patches? Well - most of airsoftlers didn't. So what? They dont actually say that they are some omfg delta, they just play such role at their meeting etc., where everybody knows that it isnt true. They dont make people believe that they are someone else.

"And this also," said Marlow suddenly, "has been one of the dark places of the earth."

That pic was before he got his commission obviously...

Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

Quote Originally Posted by C2H6O View Post
    How the **** is airsoft disrespectful to actual soldiers? He didn't earn the patches? Well - most of airsoftlers didn't. So what? They dont actually say that they are some omfg delta, they just play such role at their meeting etc., where everybody knows that it isnt true. They dont make people believe that they are someone else.
    If you want to wear and promote wearing patches and rank insignia, then you are on the wrong forum. Go back to a dedicated poser airsoft website.

If you want to have ranks in your little airsoft club...fine, but don't freakin pull out a ranger scroll or a long tab...you can create tab morale patches for your own stuff. On this forum we don't like posers...this guy was posing, end of story.

Suspended for infractions
    signal to noise ratio was out of whack, again

I see you have your user title for a reason.

winner, douchebag of the day C2H6O's Avatar

You guys seriously have troubles to understand what airsoft is about while posting in Reenactment / Airsoft / Paintball subforum...

You guys seriously have troubles to understand what airsoft is about while posting in Reenactment / Airsoft / Paintball subforum...
    Read this http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...?117718-Posing
    Oh and by the way it's in R/A/P

I am going to close this thread. For this forum we have our rules on posing, see the sticky. Out side of this forum, well, Our ban hammer can only reach so far.

I am sure if this person was making a big deal about being a real deal and capitalizing it, the headhunters in the SF community would track him down.

Now if Capt Douchebag was a member on this forum and posted photos of himself, he would have a title under his name, "Banned Member."