Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Aerospace sells $1.1 bln arms to Asian nation

Quote Originally Posted by bhramos View Post
    [*******#282828][FONT=helvetica]IAI Elta ELW2085[/FONT][/COLOR]
    To be correct, EL/W-2085 is a radar, not an aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplanr View Post
    I remember a rumor from the late 70s / early 80s that Israel and Vietnam worked a super-secret swap of their respective captured weaponry - US and S. Vietnamese equipment to Israel and Soviet bloc materials to Vietnam. Was it something I made up or possibly feasible?
    I never heard about that, but it could have been feasible.
    In YKW, Israel captured huge quantities of Soviet equipment.

Take the example of armor.
    Immediately after the war, the IDF started to build 2 new armored divisions equipped with Tiran variants (modified captured T54/55/62). The IDF also stocked enough T54/55/62 for cannibalization (because it was impossible of course to buy spare parts from the USSR for these new divisions).

By the year 76-77 the IDF built already 1 Tiran division + 1 Tiran brigade, and decided to not complete the buildup up the 2nd divion, but to build more M-60 brigades.

What happened then to these hundreds of T54/55?
    The Second tome of the history book of Heil Hahimosh, punlished in 2011, says some T tanks were transformed in Achzarit APC and the others were exported.

Who could buy Soviet armor from Israel at the late 70s early 80s, and in such quantities?
    I don't see many potential customers, so it seems feasable that they were exchanged against M60s Vietnam captured.

BTW, the history book of Heil Hahimoush is a great read. The first 2 tomes cover the years 1948-1986 and can be downloaded for free. The historian is still working on the 3rd and last tome. All the hard data of these years (about the quantities of weapons in the land forces) is available and there is a lot of information about the development of classified weapons for the IDF in these years; weapons that were never mentioned by military historians, because they were still classified.
    (The book is in Hebrew).

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by bhramos View Post
    [*******#282828][FONT=helvetica]IAI Elta ELW2085

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2l9s29u.jpg[/IMG]

IAI sell radar and other avionics installed on a Gulfstream 550 platform

Israeli Director-General of the MoD was in South Korea recently. Part of it discussed the sale of T-50's to the IAF, my guess is this was the other aspect....

More details about the deal with the unnamed asian country :

--> IAI will supply unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), state-of-the-art missiles, including sea-to-sea missiles, and sophisticated radar systems, including the Green Pine, made by IAI's Elta Systems subsidiary, which is part of the Arrow anti-ballistic missile system.

--> This is the first time that the unnamed country has signed a contract with IAI

--> The contract is worth $1.1 billion for the first stage of the agreement and then another $500 millions for the second stage. It is IAI's biggest ever deal and probably Israel's largest defense contract too.

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...15244&fid=1725

First customer clause rules out India, South Korea and Singapore. Revised guess, Taiwan or Japan, because they have the necessary C3I necessary to integrate Green Pine without hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren789 View Post

--> IAI will supply unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), state-of-the-art missiles, including sea-to-sea missiles, and sophisticated radar systems, including the Green Pine, made by IAI's Elta Systems subsidiary, which is part of the Arrow anti-ballistic missile system.

--> This is the first time that the unnamed country has signed a contract with IAI

--> The contract is worth $1.1 billion for the first stage of the agreement and then another $500 millions for the second stage. It is IAI's biggest ever deal and probably Israel's largest defense contract too.

Yesterday it was reported that this $1.1B deal was with India; http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ssance-systems

Same information by Globes that saus it's with India: http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...13965&fid=1725

Now the $1.1B deal grows to $1.6B and reports says the undisclosed client buys for the first time (so it couldn't be India).

There's a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by twinblade View Post
    First customer clause rules out India, South Korea and Singapore. Revised guess, Taiwan or Japan, because they have the necessary C3I necessary to integrate Green Pine without hassle.
    Yesterday's report said it was India.
    Today's report exclude her.

Or it could be China. Israel is China's 2nd largest supplier of arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Chalmers View Post
    It couldn't be:
    - Israel don't supply China with weapons for years and won't supply her following an US-Israeli agreement.
    - The article says the client is a 1st time buyer that excludes China.

Indonesia Everyone...??

Quote Originally Posted by Ren789 View Post

we already use Searcher MK.II as our UAV in the border area.
    we're operating a squadron of it.

and we're also have past purchase of A-4 from Israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    Yesterday it was reported that this $1.1B deal was with India; http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ssance-systems

Same information by Globes that saus it's with India: http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/glob...13965&fid=1725

Now the $1.1B deal grows to $1.6B and reports says the undisclosed client buys for the first time (so it couldn't be India).

There's a problem here.
    There's a possibility to hide the fact we buy from Israelis so we use India as cover,like we use Philippine company as cover when we buy searcher mk.II.
    and Singapore based company to upgrade our AMX-13 by IMI.

but then again it's only my assumption.
    I could be wrong though.

@Panjaitan: it's not Opsec?

(It could also be Vietnam.)

nah....
    everyone is known this fact.

last year they cause an uproar in our country.
    but all is settle now.

now it's all just,we knew they use it, but most pretend that they're not there.
    we need them anyway.

if it's vietnam,I dont think they'll go to this leght to buy one.
    they got no problem with Israelis
    so why buy an 1,1 Billion from another party to 1,6 B.

you only do that when you
    dont have a diplomatic relation with the producer
    you got majority of your people hate the producer for a reason.

but hey,it's just my personal thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Camera View Post
    Yesterday's report said it was India.
    Today's report exclude her.
    [*******#000000][FONT=arial]Puzzling right? The sure thing is tthe financial aspect of the deal because IAI is obliged to notice the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange . The rest is speculation and I wouldn't exclude that IAI is spreading false rumors to the media in order to hide the name of the buyer at his request.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Chalmers View Post
    [*******#000000][FONT=arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=arial]The second sure thing is China is not involved because Israel and the US struck a deal to allow the US to supervise Israel's defense export particularly in China.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Vietnam is an interesting candidate but why would they hide the purchase? China would know anyway and Vietnamese hold no grudge toward Israel. Selling to Taiwan would badly upset China.

I agree with Panjaitan. Proceeding this way can only be justified in order to hide the acquisition from its own people. I doubt whether Indonesia nor Malaysia can pass such a costly purchase without having to notify their respective parliament.

My guess is Azerbaijan.