Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutch government approves burqa ban - Or Ordie trolls the Europeans

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
    But its the responsibility of government to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.
    Can I suggest the role of a democratic Government is more than a tired platitude? Representative Government reflects the perceptions of the people and their priorities. For better or worse the Dutch have decided it is in the wider social interests to ban face coverings in public. Forget helmets etc I believe we understand that as simply making a niqab ban more palatable. In terms of your last post, I believe the minority has a responsibility not to threaten the lifestyle and culture of the majority. It is this perceived threat that has been the catalyst for what another member descibes as muslim bashing.

Now I know where Darth Vader will aim his Death Ray from his newly constructed Death Star(tm).

Thought this might relate to the conversation....

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

But its the responsibility of government to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.
    But is it also the responsibility of the government to enforce the minority's will against the explicite will of the majority?

I'm still waiting for your response to [*******#0000cd]my objection[/COLOR], by the way. You need not feel bothered to reply, though. We know you never respond to uncomfortable questions.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    But is it also the responsibility of the government to enforce the minority's will against the explicite will of the majority?
    That's the definition multiculturalism. Which is a European failed policy.

Now if I said banning Burqas is something the Americans can learn from the Europeans, who of us ends up being right?
    I'm right, your wrong.

Like when the slavery was constitutional, right ?
    The responsibility to protect citizens from tyranny is respected, the burqua an niqab are symbols of oppression and tyrany, it's the duty in a democracy to abolish this kind of mental slavery.

I'm right, your wrong.
    That's the most powerful argument I've ever read on this forum.
    You have do be to a master in philology and philosophy to make such enlightened argument, are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeWolf View Post
    You have been lurking for quite some time GeoK!
    Look at my avatar, I'm here incognito.

Comparing burqas to motorcycle helmets, surgical masks, beards, etc. is retarded. That said, good job Holland, I hope other European countries follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    Comparing burqas to motorcycle helmets, surgical masks, beards, etc. is retarded. That said, good job Holland, I hope other European countries follow suit.
    That's funny, because it's exactly the counter-argument used by islamists here in France. Seems those retards have some useful idiots in the hipsters community ...

So the media are calling this law proposal a 'burqa ban'. This while, in the actual wording, it does not even mention 'burqa' once. Making you focus on that burqa, rather than the security considerations it aims to address.

There is no such thing as an objective point of view, least of all in the media.

Bottom-line: Government does NOT have the right to tell people what to wear or not to wear.
    Does religion?

http://www.irfi.org/articles/women_i...n_mandator.htm

Banned user

leaving aside the political/religious crap for a moment... isn't it significant that the Dutch feel sufficiently threatened that they need to promulgate this law? Is the Netherlands plagued by high crime/violence levels?

Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by dangamvura View Post
    leaving aside the political/religious crap for a moment... isn't it significant that the Dutch feel sufficiently threatened that they need to promulgate this law? Is the Netherlands plagued by high crime/violence levels?
    We needed a law so that people cannot walk around with their full face covered when they are in public. Whether it is a woman wearing a burqa going into a bank or a guy wearing a motor helmet as he enters a mall. Easy as that. The media calls it a burqa ban.

There is nothing to discuss about. Its the right thing to do and thats it. People are not allowed to be covered or ***** in public. Thats the law and everyone has to obey.

I dont know how people can argue against a burqa ban.. its ridiculous...