Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Air Force Removes ‘God’ From Logo

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post

Deu et Mon Droit- "God and my right"

isnt that on the Badge of every UK Warrant Officer class 1?

**** if I know, I'm not from the UK nor have I ever claimed to be.

Just don't ask about the unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post

Gee Ed, I'll sleep better at night knowing that you're "fine" with the memorial as is. I was worried.
    LD asked me to personally remove soldiers gravestones form a war memorial so I thought it appropriate.[*******#333333]

[/COLOR]

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    Just don't ask about the unicorn.

Swedish coat of arms, no flimsy unicorns or god talk
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote Originally Posted by Nyusu View Post
    Well when one talks about GOD he means Christian god. As other religions either have names for their gods, have several of them or dont have any gods at all. And reason that its GOD and not Jesus should be clear to one - god the father being the creator of the world and central person in Christian religion who did command the humanity. Jesus will merely rescue all people. So its not like it really allows for freedom of religion(as it wasnt meant to in first place). But replacing it is stupid. As long it was just in title and didnt require anything religious from people it shouldt really matter what was written there.
    You are completely wrong and know nothing about the separation of Church and State. You think you do but, you have been either taught wrong or just do not get it. Read the Federal Papers. Read what the forefathers say about this issue. Why it was set up. God goes not mean God the Father. What genius taught you that? It does not mean the Christian God. It means any God someone wants to worship.

Jefferson said he hoped before his death every good American would be Unitariian.

There were two Chaplains in the Continental Army. Both Anglican Christian. When one died Washington insisted the new one be of another religion, he won amongst protest. On Washingtons' death bed he was suffering and more than once
    refused to see a priest for last rites.

Franklin often said " My God is not the God of Jesus, nor of Muhamad, nor of Buddha." They mostly belived in God the creator but, not in religion. They regularly along with Paine and others said things like this. They did believe in Freedon of Religion.

Most of us are Christian, as am I, but, you have gotten it all wrong. I wonder how many others have this delusion?

Quote Originally Posted by TG211 View Post
    As a french, I'm always amused by the place God is being given in the US society. We solved the issue back in 1905 with separation of church and state. It was messy, but fine.

Yeah, you learned it from us.

Junior sized package member Toddy1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AfterEight View Post

But yet there are approximately 11 Crosses on the Coat of Arms in a direct reference to religious symbology and God

You buy me drinkie [RNZE]Sapper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy1 View Post
    Why is it predominantly countries which have been populated with WASP ancestory i.e Australia, United Kingdom, United States of America etc that is required to be PC while every other ****er just does what they want? And if we do not then we are a bunch of racists, it's nothing more than reverse bigotry
    It's because the WASP countries are in a position of strength, and therefore is held at a higher standard than others. Same reason we expect Police officers to behave better than retards.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterEight View Post
    Two lions, c'mon is that really all you got?

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/t96ssm.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    Two lions, c'mon is that really all you got?

[IMG]http://i41.*******.com/t96ssm.gif[/IMG]
    http://satwcomic.com/coat-of-arms

??????????

"There are far more of us now"

really?? if you check the gallup polls the number hasn't really changed from the 1950's to now. the only thing is that atheist are being more vocal and out of the open that's it. 94% believe in god , plus add the number of agnostics , atheist really make 2 or 3% of the general population in usa

You just had to open that can of worms, didn't you?

[*******#333333]Franklin often said " My God is not the God of Jesus, nor of Muhamad, nor of Buddha." They mostly belived in God the creator but, not in religion. They regularly along with Paine and others said things like this. They did believe in Freedon of Religion.[/COLOR]
    I knew I liked Benjamin Franklin ! I think alike : deity, yup, organized religion, nope.

"Wise and Grumpy" Ban Stick Wielder of Death digrar's Avatar
    "I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your @r5e. Playing cricket is not"

Quote Originally Posted by illyrian34 View Post
    really?? if you check the gallup polls the number hasn't really changed from the 1950's to now. the only thing is that atheist are being more vocal and out of the open that's it. 94% believe in god , plus add the number of agnostics , atheist really make 2 or 3% of the general population in usa
    The number who tick the box and live by the general Christian ideals might not have changed, but I'm betting that the actual number of practising believers who rock up to Church once a week, say grace at dinner, tithe part of the salary to the Church or regularly pray has and I imagine it's a lot bigger than 2-3%.
    My home town has a church, but no priest. The 5 cars we used to see there on a Sunday now meet at one of the parishioners house on a Sunday. Not too long ago there were half a dozen Churches for sale in my state, none of those communities had a need for the buildings any more.
    Going by ID tags 99% of my first platoon were some sort of Christian, CofE, Catholic, Anglican type religion was stamped on most of our dog tags. We only had the one church goer in the platoon and he was not Christian, the rest of us were as big a mob of godless heathens that were ever grouped together. Personally I had to ask mum what sort of Christians we "were", Anglican IIRC. They wouldn't put jedi on my second set of dog tags, so they had no religion stamped on them instead.
    I'd be very surprised if the UK could gather up anywhere near 43 million practising/believing Christians from that list posted earlier, same goes for most of the rest of the countries listed.

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial] Saddening! What will be next? Dollars and coins ?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by illyrian34 View Post
    "There are far more of us now"

Hahaha you gotta be ****ing kidding. Tell me you're kidding. Noone is allowed to be that naive.