Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sarkozy vs. Hollande

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Friend View Post
    What do you expect when people are worried about their economic future and when they see businesses go belly-up?

What the students want to be and what they will become are two different things anyway. Me, I wanted to join an import-export private business, and I'm now a local government civil servant, so go figure.
    Agreed
    And yet a lot of them do not know what to be a civil servant is. They have just an idealized view of the thing. The fact is that the job has changed and will continue to change. They will be civil servant, yes, but on short term contracts (In my univ most of the administrative servants are on 10 months contract so no job, no pay for the last 2 months of the year and no certainty of being re-employed or re-employed in the same field. Which poses other problems as a formed person is often leaving or dispatched in a different area/working task after 10 months. So we are losing formed persons and have to form new ones regularly)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchdude View Post
    That would be very hard indeed. Talk about being hypocritical while you subtely suggest that people that don't agree with you are gadhafi fan boys.

Back on topic, tomorrow is the big day, Sarkozy is going to announce is candidacy !
    You know that everybody can still read the Libya Unrest Thread, before you call me hypocritical, you really should read it.
    Maybe calling him the official cheerleader is a quite stretch OK, but I don't see how a unbiased person could read his comments in the Libya thread and not conclude that he was just a more subtle than Kotemore Gaddafi supporter.
    By the way, did you read the answer Morano did to the Joly appearance false polemic, because it seems that you ask me to read a lot of stuff before I write on this forum, but you don't seem to do it yourself?
    But I'm sure you did, because that would be hypocritical to not to, and obviously you are not.

Yes I read it last night when you posted it. The "that's not what i wanted to say" defence is getting old if you want my opinion, maybe miss Morano should choose her words more carefuly since she is a minister. I didn't find that she displayed any class or intelligence in her statement (or ever) about the Joly false polemic (i agree with you on that, there's more pressing matters). I won't argue with you anymore on this since it is useless and off topic.

Back on track, Big surprise, Sarkozy is candidate, yay ! Let the battle begin !
    Last edited by Frenchdude; 02-15-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by GeoK View Post
    Maybe calling him the official cheerleader is a quite stretch OK, but I don't see how a unbiased person could read his comments in the Libya thread and not conclude that he was just a more subtle than Kotemore Gaddafi supporter.
    Be fair to Kot, he's not a Gaddafi supporter, it's just that at the time being he's chosen to root for most things da evil West stands against.

As for our politicians, good news, they're a pretty uninspiring lot who's gaffe-****e and show the common decency usually displayed by feral tomcats (with whom they also share a disturbing attraction to refuse and rubbish bins). So we're basically on par with the rest of the world, here's an activity where France's competitivity hasn't been hampered by the 35-hour week.

Be fair to Kot, he's not a Gaddafi supporter, it's just that at the time being he's chosen to root for most things da evil West stands against.
    Not exactly. Him and me for instance have lived though some of the events the "unbiased" medias of the west have presented under a shiny side. We are extremely warry about the constant PR, BS and ass-hatery of the medias reports. We know exactly how work the media PR. It is crystal clear since 1989, 1991 1999 and 2003. That doesn't mean that we are supporting Assad or Duffy but we dare to criticize the ambient hypocrysy of the official speech. Now of course if some on this board (like our resident dumbass you quoted) want to swallow the "yada yada we do it for the democracy, poor little kids and freedom and a better world" that only shows that the sellers of laundry have still good years awaiting their wallets. But mark my words, they will be the first to whine when it will backfire on us. Because it will.

Now back on topic. I would like to be a mice in Coppe's room. Is it saying himself " Do i help N.S to win so he have huge chances to screw my chances for 2017 or do i sink him so Hollande may be elected in a dire economical siuation and as such i have good chances to be elected as an alternative in 2017"

"Or will I be nailed to the wall because even though I hold no ministerial job I still come off as something of a libéral nutter?"

Ah, decisions, decisions...