Thread: ID Webbing

Default ID Webbing

Hi Guys

Can you please help me ID this webbing i purchased recently.
    I know its from Israel and thats about it, I cant find any additional info on it.

Definitely, IDF from 88. Gonna agree with LineDoggie and say it's definitely for tankers. The only time I remember seeing a picture with this particular set-up they were holding GALILs and in front of a tank.
    Last edited by Troubadour; 02-14-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Maybe for a IDF tank crewman as the vest is limited in capacity compared to the infantry vests

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Maybe for a IDF tank crewman as the vest is limited in capacity compared to the infantry vests
    Yep. They were replaced during the late 90's with new vests. I had it during basics. The guys in the operational units BTW would get the regular infantry vests (until the new ones entered the service), which would be left in turret basket, when crew inside. This one only had room for 4 mags and 2 canteens in one big pouch at the back, and if my memory doesn't fail me, one small pouch for personal bandage. Very ****ty piece of kit. The back pouch with canteens inside wouldn't allow you to sit normally in the gunner/driver sit (or take whatever additional piece of kit during march, e.g. radio), all the plastic parts would easily break and the whole thing was as comfortable as pain in the neck.

Thanks for the info guys.