Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flames of War?

I have some FoW stuff, don't play it though. Just build the models and try to paint them. If you are looking for other manufacturers in 15mm / 1:100 scale, besides the Battlefront Miniatures, there's also Forged in Battle.

http://operationsealion.net/operations/

A Flames of War campaign for the planned invasion of Britain.

Bush Lawyer, that's me! TheKiwi's Avatar

Operation Sea Lion battles should go something like this:

Day 1: Germany manages to land 3 divisions by barge near Dover. Nothing heavier than a mortar can be bought out of the barges. Finds itself fighting local forces in an attempt to capture Dover so that the docks can be used to land heavier equipment. Canadian Division is bought down to engage by train. RAF Bombers find that the landing zone is so large, even they can hit it. Luftwaffe and Fighter Command duke it out overhead.
    Day 1.5: After dark, flotilla of 20 RN destroyers shoot up and sink almost the entire barge convoy bringing re-inforcements and supplies.U-boats sink one destroyer, mines another.
    Day 2: Canadian Division goes into action. Supplies of ammo running low for German forces. RAF shoots down large numbers of Ju-52's bringing supplies and paratroops. Yet more RAF bombing raids on the German landing zones. More British forces are trucked into the Dover reigon using commanderd civilian trucks.
    Day 2.5: RN sinks yet more barges, corpses will be turning up in both sides of the channel. U-boats damage another destroyer.
    Day 3: Supplies of ammunition nearly exhausted. British Mk1 Matilta tanks, laughed at in France are still way too good for German forces without anti-tank weapons. RAF bombers keep hitting landing zones (well within 5 miles of the zones anyway).
    Day 3.5: HMS Renown comes down into the channel. Her 15" guns are overkill for the barges they strike, and afterwards are used on the German land positions.
    Day 4: Ammunition exhausted, unable to be supplied or extracted, all German invasion forces surrender.

Game over...

A while back some guys at a FLGS let me do a demo run with them while they did a big team match. Tbh, it felt like we played WWI with WWII weaponry. The allies were attacking and my team (the axis) just sat around most of the game chewing them up. The only time I noticed any sort of maneuvering happening was when we killed enough allies to let our armored and mechanized forces roam around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiku View Post
    A while back some guys at a FLGS let me do a demo run with them while they did a big team match. Tbh, it felt like we played WWI with WWII weaponry. The allies were attacking and my team (the axis) just sat around most of the game chewing them up. The only time I noticed any sort of maneuvering happening was when we killed enough allies to let our armored and mechanized forces roam around a bit.
    It usually depends on the terrain you play on. I for example, always play on terrain heavy boards at my FLGS.