Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: WARGAME: European Escalation

I remember that in Total Annihilation you could give a construction bot a patrol route and it would auto-repair any damaged units and buildings on its path. If they could do something similar with supply trucks then that'd be perfect.

I have good hopes that the devs will integrate something like this after listening to the community. supply trucks only repair / refuel etc when they are not moving. so the rallypoint sounds good to me.
    maybe rsone should post this in their forum too

I've given up on supplytrucks - they get stuck in the mud everywhere and until they reach their destination half the game is over.
    Mi-26 does the trick :P

One option I would wish (dunno maybe it's in the game already) is to auto dismount infantry uppon arival - it's a bit annoying to babysit them after you've deployed a lot of them.

hum after several multis i find something very frustrating
    helos are overrated while SAM are underrated
    especially long range SAM (Buk and all) with a ridiculous range (<4000m) and a ridiculous achievement (i emptied full batteries of Buk on helos without effect just to see my launchers burned down later by gatlings and Tows)
    They should extend the range of SAM launchers

That will reduce the hlos rush/helo swarms games that are the main bulk of multis right now

Banned user

Hi guys,

Exciting lookinh game. I apologise if this question has been answered already, but what specs are you guys running and how well do your computers handle it? Any lag?

I have a PC with Vista Home, 4GB Ram, 1GB Nvidea 9400 gts Graphics Card but its not a quad core, simply a dual core processor. Any good you think?

Thanks

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    hum after several multis i find something very frustrating
    helos are overrated while SAM are underrated
    especially long range SAM (Buk and all) with a ridiculous range (<4000m) and a ridiculous achievement (i emptied full batteries of Buk on helos without effect just to see my launchers burned down later by gatlings and Tows)
    They should extend the range of SAM launchers

That will reduce the hlos rush/helo swarms games that are the main bulk of multis right now
    I know. I had a forest that was filled with Shilka and Strele team and they get destroyed pretty quickly by helicopters.

Quote Originally Posted by RSone View Post
    Better optics means they will detect the units first. If their weapons ranges don't match, they will still have to get in range or wait..
    Also, considering the abundance of gun and missile based AAA, i'd be very careful with airmobile forces..
    Thanks for the reply, figures... Hoping the developers flesh out the single player experience more soon by allowing us to create our own missions like the old wargames. It'll be like ARMA for RTS

Quote Originally Posted by sepheronx View Post
    I know. I had a forest that was filled with Shilka and Strele team and they get destroyed pretty quickly by helicopters.
    SAMs still need line of sight - you can not shoot down a helicopter if there are lots of trees in your way

Usually I think AA and SAMs are strong enough if you combine both for a layered defense.
    Most helicopters the can be taken down easily - in turn AAs and SAMs need lots of supplies.

Usually I think AA and SAMs are strong enough
    Nah
    Last time i fired 4 batteries of Buk at a single helo...........without even panicking it
    Try that in true life and tell me how the helo pilots feel (and i know it's just a game but a bit of balance would be cool)

I've had good results with AA infantry so far.
    Combined gun and missile makes sense - I've unlocked vehicles with both missiles for range and guns for backup if they come too close - never tried them so far though.

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by Xaito View Post
    I've given up on supplytrucks - they get stuck in the mud everywhere and until they reach their destination half the game is over.
    Mi-26 does the trick :P
    Yeah, I rarely, if ever use trucks, I just call in two or three Chinooks/Mi26 and have them ferry supplies between FOBs and my troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    I've never really had a problem with helo spam. I keep a pair of Gepards with any large troop concentration. I use Luchs as my main scout and generally have some Marders around. That amount of autocannon fire usually deals with a helo rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    Yeah, I rarely, if ever use trucks, I just call in two or three Chinooks/Mi26 and have them ferry supplies between FOBs and my troops.
    Same here. The Chinooks are much quicker and more convenient than trucks.

Also, since we're talking about improvements we want I wish they tweaked how you order units to make it easier to deploy groups with mixed ranks. I hate having to order individual units, get them to a rally point, then make them into a platoon.

@Corrupt & BloodyTalon

I must remeber to get some AA helicopters when I'll be facing you.

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by Ohtar1985 View Post
    @Corrupt & BloodyTalon

Aslong as you have some AA in the area, you can generally keep enemy helos away from your Chinooks. They're no more vunerable than trucks to air attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohtar1985 View Post
    @Corrupt & BloodyTalon

That's why you don't keep your supply vehicles right on the frontlines and why you always have a SAM battery waiting.

Anyone up for an MP match tonight? i need more stars for my deck.