Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: WARGAME: European Escalation

maybe use some light & fast IFV/APC like the VAB / Luchs etc and attcked from mulitple sides with 16+ vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    The mother****ers are better armoured than Leopards for christs sake. 30 rockets. They're only like a 3km range, so they hit a stupidly small area. If theres some AA in the area, you won't get near it with air power and you just have to put up with bollocks like this every feew seconds
    You mean some 4200m range 10 acc 10 Sams.

Nato is missing 2 thinks atm. long range acurate AA and cheaper armoured units , no need discussing it its just fact.

Despite the arty spam and the ****ing Buks, it was still really close.

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Reader View Post
    maybe use some light & fast IFV/APC like the VAB / Luchs etc and attcked from mulitple sides with 16+ vehicles.
    We tried that. Problem was, they don't even need recce. They just rush some 5-15pt armour at you and then plaster anything they see. You either have to give ground (which you won't get back) or sit there and die. Basically they had an ever increasing area of the map we couldn't operate in because there was just BUK/Boratino cover over it. It was retarded. We tried rushing it with Vabs full of Milan infantry, Leos, the works.

5 points doesn't even buy you a a ******* Jupiter when you're NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    Leos are good. They generally beat T34/T55 easily, assuming they're not outnumbered too much. It's not that we lack cheap armour. It's that the WP get far too much stupidly cheap units (5pt BTRs anyone?).

Chapperels are ok, but they miss too much. They're good if supplied though.
    I usually up the vet level on my Chapperels to 4 and have a couple of them. I haven't been disappointed.

NATO armour has a huge advantage in the fact most of the guns are stabilized, which means you can drive backwards and shoot those masses of cheap WP units.

The problem is strategic level weapons in a tactical game (MRLS/Buks/etc) I feel, and the fact that artillery panics and stops armour way too easily. What tank driver would be trained to sit still in the middle of an artillery barrage?

I watch all my replays to study the enemy (and my allies) and rocket artillery is so decisive that it needs to have a much longer reload time, or just removed from the game.

I don't mean that NATO armour can't handle rushes, they can. I mean WP will happily throw away 5pt BTRs rushing you to spot for Borotinos/Smerchs, wheras NATO can't really throw away units so easily to scout.

hmm.... the only counter to rocket artillery would be the own artillery / MLRS then. preferably with a high veteran status for accuracy to snipe the enemy artillery

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Reader View Post
    hmm.... the only counter to rocket artillery would be the own artillery / MLRS then. preferably with a high veteran status for accuracy to snipe the enemy artillery
    Amx Auf1 is bizarrely acucrate(10 i think)

I have a new found love of infantry! They're bloody awesome if you know how to use them right.

Assaulting a wood I surpressed with arty and Chieftain fire.

Murdering a full unit of tanks in one volley from a building.

Raping blind T64s in the woods

Had a nice round. I was the only level 8 player - all others had much higher levels (avrg lvl 16) so that got me lots of XP

One notices the difference inthe game style and how much more disciplined they play - at least I have the impression.
    And I got to use the Jaguar 2 for the first time - which did a good job. I only had 2 units but they killed 5 enemies. I always kept them behind my Leos.

The Leos overall performed very well and I only 4 of the Leo 1A2s when they more or less were on their own and were overrun.

Ealy in the game though I set up a nice kill zone for one of the enemys main tank forces.

The little forrest in the middle was full of enemy tanks - from T-62, T-64 to T-80U plus special forces, infantry, IFVs etc..
    They did not kill a single of my units south of it and only an APC and an Inf while I was deploying to the eastern forrest.
    I had a little bit of help from a friendly MLRS though

Banned user

Damn looks this looks great, is it like a more simulated version of wic (i loved that game)?

Actually some features are missing in the game to make it complete
    *smoke (either through arty support or on vehicles=
    *entrenching capability for infantry (to provide at least light cover when you are on a flat landscape and not have you infantery raped by arty or any indirect fire)
    *off map support (and yes some units like MLRS/smerch should have been put on an off board system....together with CAS aircrafts ....i would like too much to call in warthogs or frogfoots )
    *counter battery systems : somebody shells you, you should be able to locate grossly the area of fire departure at least

anyway still pretty fun (but still in lack of balance for multi)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoror View Post
    Actually some features are missing in the game to make it complete
    *smoke (either through arty support or on vehicles= [*******#0000ff](yes would be nice)[/COLOR]
    *entrenching capability for infantry (to provide at least light cover when you are on a flat landscape and not have you infantery raped by arty or any indirect fire)[*******#0000ff] (might be intersting as well)[/COLOR]
    *off map support (and yes some units like MLRS/smerch should have been put on an off board system....together with CAS aircrafts ....i would like too much to call in warthogs or frogfoots ) [*******#0000ff](not a good idea from my point of view - I want to be able to destroy the MLRS etc)[/COLOR]
    *counter battery systems : somebody shells you, you should be able to locate grossly the area of fire departure at least [*******#0000ff](you can see the smoke from the artillery when they fire - even if the units themselfs are not visible)[/COLOR]

I would like to have some addiitional units (LARS, Skorpion for example)
    most other things have already been mentioned:
    - facing option
    - (visible) waypoints
    - rally point for supply trucks
    - HUD off button for screenshots
    - Deploying inf without vehicles (to re-use vehicles that have lost their troops)
    - Formations
    - Destructible bridges etc (and with this maybe amphibious vehicles and bridge-layers)
    - Mines

**** you 20122. how goes does gaz type drunk? dricl. man Hellfish's Avatar

I made a Soviet air assault deck and used it for the first time last night. Landed a VDV company at one of the NATO early-cap zones on Hell's Highway and took out the CV that was there. Fought off several hodge-podge counterattacks (MBT-70s are surprisingly effective in the woods), and though my entire match was fought in 500 square pixels of computer hell, it threw a big enough wrench into NATO's plans that they were never able to coordinate a cohesive defense and the other two guys on my team steamrolled 'em.