Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Overreach: Obamacare vs. the Constitution

  1. #1
    How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Leading maxima10 around by the nose.
    Posts
    23,386

    Default Overreach: Obamacare vs. the Constitution

    "Give him points for cleverness. President Obama’s birth control “accommodation” was as politically successful as it was morally meaningless. It was nothing but an accounting trick that still forces Catholic (and other religious) institutions to provide medical insurance that guarantees free birth control, tubal ligation and morning-after abortifacients — all of which violate church doctrine on the sanctity of life.
    The trick is that these birth control/abortion services will supposedly be provided independently and free of charge by the religious institution’s insurance company. But this changes none of the moral calculus. Holy Cross Hospital, for example, is still required by law to engage an insurance company that is required by law to provide these doctrinally proscribed services to all Holy Cross employees. "

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...cIR_story.html


    I guess it's true what they say, we get the government we deserve. The truely appalling thing is there are those that actually cheer at this kind of behavior. If I were those insurance companies I'd tell Barry to FOAD, as publicly as possible. What's he going to do?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,820

    Default

    C.Puffs, I challenge you to post a thread that mentions Obama somewhere without using the smiley.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Frozen North
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Medical insurance that is legally binded to give people what they need? How dare they!

  4. #4
    How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Leading maxima10 around by the nose.
    Posts
    23,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wahnsinn View Post
    C.Puffs, I challenge you to post a thread that mentions Obama somewhere without using the smiley.
    I didn't use one in the thread talking about Osama being taken out.

  5. #5
    How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Leading maxima10 around by the nose.
    Posts
    23,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarig View Post
    Medical insurance that is legally binded to give people what they need? How dare they!
    Are you going to pay for it? Oh, that's right, it's "FREEEEEE!" Assuming the insurance companies knuckle under all they'll do is pass the costs onto those who actually pay premiums. Yet another vehicle for Barry to transfer wealth and give out "free" $hiznits for votes.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Frozen North
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    Are you going to pay for it? Oh, that's right, it's "FREEEEEE!" Assuming the insurance companies knuckle under all they'll do is pass the costs onto those who actually pay premiums. Yet another vehicle for Barry to transfer wealth and give out "free" $hiznits for votes.
    Do you have insurance? Because it's entire premise is redistribution of wealth, and if you're against that, how can you justify having insurance? Either your premium is paying for someone else, or other peoples premiums are paying for you.

  7. #7
    L O L A JCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    disinformation central
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,082

    Default

    Sometimes I wonder wether there is a board somewhere where US liberals post as obnoxious repeat posts as US right wingers do here.
    But that would mean all americans are like that which bodes very ill for the world.

    US political debate surely is special but I'm still trying to figure out what sort of special: the special in "especially unique" or the special in Olympics

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Basel, Switzerland
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    Are you going to pay for it? Oh, that's right, it's "FREEEEEE!" Assuming the insurance companies knuckle under all they'll do is pass the costs onto those who actually pay premiums. Yet another vehicle for Barry to transfer wealth and give out "free" $hiznits for votes.
    Sorry, I still don't get it. One one hand you claim it is free but in the next sentence, you clarify that it is not free, as those paying premiums have to pay for it? Which is it? It can't be both?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Maximmmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A Russian getting his education on in Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    The richest, most powerful, country in the world, that has seen its economic growth unhindered by war and severe environmental calamities over a period of 200 years, has a healthcare system that is a pile of rotting **** compared to a few carcasses of empires in Europe.

    That's why we don't get it, not because we advocate everything being "free", but because the situation is utterly and completely pathetic.

    Edit: Ok forgot the Civil War, make that "hindered by one war"

  10. #10
    Ramblin Wreck. Spartan10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia Tech
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seasch View Post
    Sorry, I still don't get it. One one hand you claim it is free but in the next sentence, you clarify that it is not free, as those paying premiums have to pay for it? Which is it? It can't be both?
    They are not allowed to charge you for the service, so they will just pass the cost on via an increase in the premiums you pay. I know, that's a difficult thing to understand....

    And why is it y'all come in and defend the president (and his party) of a country where y'all ain't citizens?

  11. #11
    How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Leading maxima10 around by the nose.
    Posts
    23,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarig View Post
    Do you have insurance? Because it's entire premise is redistribution of wealth, and if you're against that, how can you justify having insurance? Either your premium is paying for someone else, or other peoples premiums are paying for you.
    I pay for my insurance. There is no such thing as "free". So when Obama dictates that an insurance company will provide a service at no cost it's just smoke and mirrors. Anybody who pays into that program will be footing the bill. Sadly, there are many who see "FREEEEE!" but are too stupid (and most likely couldn't be bothered to care anyway) to see they're getting played.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Basel, Switzerland
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan10k View Post
    They are not allowed to charge you for the service, so they will just pass the cost on via an increase in the premiums you pay. I know, that's a difficult thing to understand....

    And why is it y'all come in and defend the president (and his party) of a country where y'all ain't citizens?
    I am not defending the president. I just see this as a dishonest attack. Dishonest because CP claims in the same tirade, that is is free and that you have to pay for it. It can't be both.

  13. #13
    Senior Member BloodyTalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Are we not men?! We are DEVO!
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seasch View Post
    I am not defending the president. I just see this as a dishonest attack. Dishonest because CP claims in the same tirade, that is is free and that you have to pay for it. It can't be both.
    He puts "free" in quotation marks to imply sarcasm. Like Spartan mentioned, the service is being touted as "free" when in reality you are paying for it indirectly via raised premiums. In fact the inherent problem with Obama care is that it jacks up premiums for everyone by requiring each plan to be all-in-one superplans that cover everything regardless of whether of whether the individual recipients are even physically capable of needing it in the future (example: men having to pay premiums for maternity coverage in their plans).

  14. #14
    Senior Member gresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyTalon View Post
    He puts "free" in quotation marks to imply sarcasm. Like Spartan mentioned, the service is being touted as "free" when in reality you are paying for it indirectly via raised premiums. In fact the inherent problem with Obama care is that it jacks up premiums for everyone by requiring each plan to be all-in-one superplans that cover everything regardless of whether of whether the individual recipients are even physically capable of needing it in the future (example: men having to pay premiums for maternity coverage in their plans).
    Yep.

    C. Puff's is right. A big joke, it is.

    I was in an In-N-Out the other day and there was a large group of elderly folks gathered there to meet up to talk about it. Didn't sound to me like ANY of them thought it was a good idea. I have a feeling they probably have more intimate knowledge about our healthcare system than all of us combined.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Basel, Switzerland
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyTalon View Post
    He puts "free" in quotation marks to imply sarcasm.
    Not in the first post.

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyTalon View Post
    Like Spartan mentioned, the service is being touted as "free" when in reality you are paying for it indirectly via raised premiums. In fact the inherent problem with Obama care is that it jacks up premiums for everyone by requiring each plan to be all-in-one superplans that cover everything regardless of whether of whether the individual recipients are even physically capable of needing it in the future (example: men having to pay premiums for maternity coverage in their plans).
    As far as I understand the situation, and I admint, I am no expert, this has nothing to do with Obama. Even before Obama was PotUS, men paied for maternity coverage and breast cancer and women paid for men illnesses, like prostate cancer and viagra.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •